Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry mate, it was a joke from a previous post about what's happening with Lamela...

Think nothing of it, I was trying to point out there is nothing to be gained from faking it and there are a lot of people to fool along the way. If you weren't happy at a club you could simply talk to the management. I get the feeling out club don't want unhappy people around as it's not good for anybody.

He is the most effective player in the Poch system and gets undervalued in the same manner that Modric was previously.

Eriksen/Alli/Dem/Wan isn't effective against every opposition, and he offers something different that we've missed against teams like Chelsea
I don't know anyone who undervalued Modrics contribution, so that is lost on me. Lamela is indeed a better player than he was and seems to have a bit of all of the qualities of all of the other MF players without ever matching them. The fact that the team hasn't suffered in his absence shows me the level of his contributions.

Mauricio Pochettino says Erik Lamela can play for Tottenham Hotspur again but needs to be shown love
"Now it is important to give him all the support and all the love."
"Now it is not about the player. It is about the human and we will try to help him."
"Erik has been suffering a lot in the last four months."
"Now we have had a decision it is important for him to believe he can fix the problem."
"He wants to be on the pitch as soon as possible and that is what we want too."
"Can he play again for Tottenham? Yes, of course."
"He is very young and this situation has allowed everyone to speak about different things."
"But we know very well what is happening and so does he."
"It is a problem in his hip that we have tried to fix in different ways."
"We have been very conservative but it was impossible to resolve the problem. We hope the operation will help him do that."

Amen to that. Time to put all the shite behind us. hope Danny, and Harry comeback strong and we have a good run-in.

The fact that the team hasn't suffered in his absence shows me the level of his contributions.

Coincidentally, that's what people said when Modric had a broken leg.

The team have suffered - we've just held good league form in spite of that.

We were shite in Europe.

Coincidentally, that's what people said when Modric had a broken leg.

The team have suffered - we've just held good league form in spite of that.

We were shite in Europe.
Not sure who you were talking to - we missed him terribly - particularly when he left.

You are obviously a big fan of lamela, and I have no desire to wind you up, but its safe to say we differ in our evaluation of what he puts into the team. I think he's a pretty good player, but I think that the current team is weakened by any loss from our current available (include Rose and Kane in that) first 11 and I don't think he will shift anyone out of it, barring a big drop in form.

We were shite in Europe because we kept playing weak teams thinking they would be good enough to do the job. As someone pointed out - we spent all season trying to get intothe competition, the least we could do was to look like we wanted to play in it - rather than saving the team so we could qualify for it next year.

Last edited:
We all of course want Lamela to return fully fit but I still believe he will and should be sold. I googled footballers having hip surgery and the only case I found was Sturridge. That's a red flag right there. But in his case it was stated it was to fix a tear and we still have no idea what the surgery will fix in Lamela's case.

Lamela has always been someone who divides opinion and it goes beyond his footballing abilities. Some fans feel an emotional attachment to him that often appears to exceed their feelings for the club itself.

Once the dust settles in the off season I personally expect Poch to be as ruthless ad he has been in the past. I don't think he features in his plans anymore.

We all of course want Lamela to return fully fit but I still believe he will and should be sold. I googled footballers having hip surgery and the only case I found was Sturridge. That's a red flag right there. But in his case it was stated it was to fix a tear and we still have no idea what the surgery will fix in Lamela's case.

Lamela has always been someone who divides opinion and it goes beyond his footballing abilities. Some fans feel an emotional attachment to him that often appears to exceed their feelings for the club itself.

Once the dust settles in the off season I personally expect Poch to be as ruthless ad he has been in the past. I don't think he features in his plans anymore.

I have no idea why your levels of denial are so potent and persistent.

You know when Poch said:

"This situation has allowed everyone to speak about different things."

That was to people like you. All the doubters and negative crap peddling people out there that couldnt and still cannot accept what you've been told.

He could play another 10 years for Spurs, score 400 goals and then get an injury on the same hip and you people will still think you were proved right.

I have no idea why your levels of denial are so potent and persistent.

You know when Poch said:

"This situation has allowed everyone to speak about different things."

That was to people like you. All the doubters and negative crap peddling people out there that couldnt and still cannot accept what you've been told.

He could play another 10 years for Spurs, score 400 goals and then get an injury on the same hip and you people will still think you were proved right.

You're just proving the point by becoming overly defensive about Lamela. I don't have any idea what the problem is with his hip and I don't think the club necessarily does. I don't think the cause of Dembele's hip problems were ever ascertained and it's still an issue he supposedly has to manage. Hip problems and footballers seem to be a bad combination. The surgery is likely to be opening it up and trying to find a problem.

Dembele has been plagued with a dodgy hip for 5+ years now. I know he was very close to having hip surgery under AVB. I wonder if we were hoping Lamela would be the same case.

You're just proving the point by becoming overly defensive about Lamela. I don't have any idea what the problem is with his hip and I don't think the club necessarily does. I don't think the cause of Dembele's hip problems were ever ascertained and it's still an issue he supposedly has to manage. Hip problems and footballers seem to be a bad combination. The surgery is likely to be opening it up and trying to find a problem.

Its not being overly defensive. Im taking the info given to me by THFC and accepting it instead of saying:

"The operation is probably just to see what the problem is and the club have no idea whats going on"

You have taken that stance despite Pochettino saying:

"We have been very conservative but it was impossible to resolve the problem. We hope the operation will help him do that"

You have taken the stance that Lamela should and will be sold and Poch will be ruthless despite Poch saying:
"Now it is not about the player. It is about the human and we will try to help him."
"Now we have had a decision it is important for him to believe he can fix the problem."

Your stance is based on nothing. Hunches that are like Custer's last stand despite official information contradicting you every day.

Its not being overly defensive. Im taking the info given to me by THFC and accepting it instead of saying:

"The operation is probably just to see what the problem is and the club have no idea whats going on"

You have taken that stance despite Pochettino saying:

"We have been very conservative but it was impossible to resolve the problem. We hope the operation will help him do that"

You have taken the stance that Lamela should and will be sold and Poch will be ruthless despite Poch saying:

Your stance is based on nothing. Hunches that are like Custer's last stand despite official information contradicting you every day.

There was no such thing as Custer's last stand. A recent battlefield analyses, together with Native American testimony, showed the soldiers were shot down one by one while in full retreat and the last stand myth was created to try add glory to a comprehensive military defeat.

And please remember. The club has to protect their asset so that's going to influence what they say publicly. We will all know more in the Summer.

There was no such thing as Custer's last stand. A recent battlefield analyses, together with Native American testimony, showed the soldiers were shot down one by one while in full retreat and the last stand myth was created to try add glory to a comprehensive military defeat.

And please remember. The club has to protect their asset so that's going to influence what they say publicly. We will all know more in the Summer.

:avbfacepalm:

Protecting an asset? I think they have been quite frank about how bad the injury is. Its hardly news that makes a club chairman think "I'll put in a 25M bid next season"..

Back
Top Bottom