Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Lamela is fit the player dropped would likely be Dier. We are likely playing 3 4 2 1 as a result of not having Lamela and Sissoko not being up to scratch.
I can't see us suddenly switching back to 4231 when Lamela's back. We've looked stronger all over the pitch with it. Maybe we'd see 4231 as Plan B be used a bit more often than it is at the moment.

If we had our current best team fully fit and Lamela got fit as well

He would be a sub. So I'm not sure what the angst is all about.

Who would we drop to make way for him? Alli, Eriksen, Moose- Wanyama?
Good question but surely that's exactly what a title challenging squad is all about.....players of the quality of Son and Lamela fighting for a starting spot..

We don't want the likes of Frazier Cambell and Johnny Jackson on the bench

Did this coincide with a poor patch of form? I've got a theory that she doesn't have an ankle injury, but instead her brain is triggering the pain receptors in her ankle, making it seem like she does have an ankle injury, in order to protect her from the criticism of the fans on her form.

She is no dummy, lets not forget she gone one over:
- Several doctors
- Physio
- Consultant
- Surgeon

All so she could have an unnecessary operation but still hobble around running the house, looking after two kids and me.

So much to gain from faking...

That might be your interpretation, but it wasn't. Its my belief that he isn't good enough

He is the most effective player in the Poch system and gets undervalued in the same manner that Modric was previously.

Eriksen/Alli/Dem/Wan isn't effective against every opposition, and he offers something different that we've missed against teams like Chelsea

The fact we haven't missed him is great testament to the squad- in spite of calls to the contrary on occasion. Winks has stepped up & we've barely used Sissoko.

I'm praying that Lamelas operation goes well because he is a valuable tool in Pochettino's system. An added physicality that we don't have with son or Eriksen.

He is the most effective player in the Poch system and gets undervalued in the same manner that Modric was previously.

Eriksen/Alli/Dem/Wan isn't effective against every opposition, and he offers something different that we've missed against teams like Chelsea

I've heard it all now. MOST effective player in Poch system? Um Kane, Rose, Walker, Alli???? Not to mention we have had a damn good season without him. And compared to Modric? C"mon now

I've heard it all now. MOST effective player in Poch system? Um Kane, Rose, Walker, Alli???? Not to mention we have had a damn good season without him. And compared to Modric? C"mon now

You're misinterpreting the context of effectiveness, adding in a touch of hyperbole, and throwing in the straw man at the end for effect. Well done

You're misinterpreting the context of effectiveness, adding in a touch of hyperbole, and throwing in the straw man at the end for effect. Well done

What context? You said he was the most effective player in Poch system? And apologies you didn't directly say Lamela is better than Modric but I hardly remember Modric being underappreciated. There certainly wasn't the split opinion of how good he is like with Lamela

Have you missed the last 30 pages!
200w.gif

“Insufficient facts always invite danger.”.....
Spock....

What context? You said he was the most effective player in Poch system? And apologies you didn't directly say Lamela is better than Modric but I hardly remember Modric being underappreciated. There certainly wasn't the split opinion of how good he is like with Lamela

With Modric there was - he was judged on goals and assists (lack of) rather than his affect on the team dynamic.

Lamela is the most "effective" in the 'Poch system' because he is the only one that really ever got the hang of the hard press, tackle, then build into attack.

Saying Alli is effective 'in the Poch system' because he scores is logically false. Same goes with the others. They are playing well, but they are doing so often in spite of how you can see Poch wants the team to work. Alli and Kane do well because they work well together and have a knack of knowing where to be - they both have work to do in order to embrace the hard press methodology that MP plays.

Lets not forget that a lot of those players were playing cack prior to Erik's injury - he's the victim of selective memories i feel, and is judged unfairly.

You don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about
She is no dummy, lets not forget she gone one over:
- Several doctors
- Physio
- Consultant
- Surgeon

All so she could have an unnecessary operation but still hobble around running the house, looking after two kids and me.

So much to gain from faking...
Honest question, and I don't mean it disrespectfully in any way - is she overweight?

Mauricio Pochettino says Erik Lamela can play for Tottenham Hotspur again but needs to be shown love
"Now it is important to give him all the support and all the love."
"Now it is not about the player. It is about the human and we will try to help him."
"Erik has been suffering a lot in the last four months."
"Now we have had a decision it is important for him to believe he can fix the problem."
"He wants to be on the pitch as soon as possible and that is what we want too."
"Can he play again for Tottenham? Yes, of course."
"He is very young and this situation has allowed everyone to speak about different things."
"But we know very well what is happening and so does he."
"It is a problem in his hip that we have tried to fix in different ways."
"We have been very conservative but it was impossible to resolve the problem. We hope the operation will help him do that."

Honest question, and I don't mean it disrespectfully in any way - is she overweight?

I guess most of us are 'clinically' overweight and certainly losing the extra pounds after kids is no easy task but TBF she has been fasting two days a week for over two years which has been good for us both as I have been doing it as well.

Childbirth changes the anatomy in crazy ways, for instance she now has a dropped arch which causes other issues... And she had carpal tunnel for a time, of which she didn't complain about but I could tell it was taking it's toll and impacting sleep.

But to answer your original question, 'no', not overweight in a way that would impact a joint, just a few pounds that makes pre baby clothes an less appealing ;)

I guess most of us are 'clinically' overweight and certainly losing the extra pounds after kids is no easy task but TBF she has been fasting two days a week for over two years which has been good for us both as I have been doing it as well.

Childbirth changes the anatomy in crazy ways, for instance she now has a dropped arch which causes other issues... And she had carpal tunnel for a time, of which she didn't complain about but I could tell it was taking it's toll and impacting sleep.

But to answer your original question, 'no', not overweight in a way that would impact a joint, just a few pounds that makes pre baby clothes an less appealing ;)

:sonhmm:

Back
Top Bottom