Dortmund v Spurs- Ropey League Last 16.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They played amazing cause we let them play how they wanted. A lot of my anger comes from me hating the love in English fans have with Dortmund, all cause they jump about waving yellow flags. Hate it

Don't fancy a season ticket at Watford then?

490351444-harry-the-hornet-mascot-of-watford-runs-off-gettyimages.jpg

There are enough arguments in defence of Pochettino and against him for his team selection.

The predominant one against was mentioned to me yesterday: Why bother against Fiorentina if we were then going to throw it away against Dortmund (whether he'd of done the same against Bilbao for example we'll never know).

The one that says 'It's only Villa next' has really pissed me off. It was only Villa last season at home and we contrived to lose that. It was 'only' Newcastle this season (and last) both at home, we lost those too.

The attitude of people when we have won nothing suggests that were we to win the league they'd become insufferable.

I was disappointed but the manager, the staff and the medical team will know better than us just who is more at risk of injury, who was in desperate need of a rest, and who might well be needed more in the run in.

But for Pochettino, Villa on Sunday becomes a must win.

We are still a young, small, tight knit squad. Of course we need to have some protection of those players, in terms of fatigue, mental and physical management.

The assumption we'll go and smash Villa because they are poor shows a massive lack of respect. It's going to games like this we need to be on our game. We've come unstuck plenty of times in the past due to the "it's only" assumption. We don't have a divine right to beat teams, we have to earn it through hard work and our own belief that we are good enough to win. If Poch thinks we can do well in the league by managing his players then I am happy to go along with that.

Then dig out the rest and understand how he contributed since filling Verts place

Don't you dare tell me what to do

Who the fuck do you think you are?

It was bad enough listening to your brother, Robbie, droning on in the commentary last night

If you read some of my other posts, which you obviously haven't bothered to do before your last ridiculous post, you will have noticed that I did "dig" other players out, notably Son who I said was our worst player last night!

So get your facts right

Gooner maggot multi troll cunt
:dembelefingers:

I think the 'love in' is actually envy. We'd all love to see our club supported like Dortmund, if you say otherwise I'd like to know an alternative example of support you envy.
I would not like to see Spurs supported like that at all. Give me atmosphere's like Fiorentina at home, the filth on Saturday etc where it's genuine passion rather than forced ultra style shit where it's just a never ending drone in the background.

it would have been interesting to see what poch would have done if we had been at home in the 1st leg.
would he have done the same thing or gone a bit stronger as we were at home?

its just one of those no win situations for managers.

does anyone actually know how many times we train & for how long per session?
& how much more we train than the average team?
has he been cutting the training down recently?

does anyone actually know how many times we train & for how long per session?
& how much more we train than the average team?
has he been cutting the training down recently?

I did read a while back that they did double sessions but I'm not sure if they are anymore.

I'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing though & I think he communicates well with the squad

What now occurs to me is how badly we miss Eric & in his absence how much Bentaleb must have shit the bed with Poch. Him & Mason put in a shift for us last season & he was surely a better option than Tommy Carroll (no disrespect to him) in a game that cried out for a powerful midfield. Tommy looked like a little boy lost out there & in our final third we were overrun for almost all the game. We couldn't get out of our half because we were being pressed to fuck the moment they Sussed us out- which took literally a few minutes.

At the risk of going all Gibbsy, it did actually look a bit "Tiny Dancer" last night. Horrible, horrible match. Best forgotten. Will the last person out of this abomination of a thread switch off the light please?

They played amazing cause we let them play how they wanted. A lot of my anger comes from me hating the love in English fans have with Dortmund, all cause they jump about waving yellow flags. Hate it

Fair enough you don't like them, I don't think Poch really cares either way, it's obvious everything is going to be thrown at the league.

What now occurs to me is how badly we miss Eric & in his absence how much Bentaleb must have shit the bed with Poch. Him & Mason put in a shift for us last season & he was surely a better option than Tommy Carroll (no disrespect to him) in a game that cried out for a powerful midfield. Tommy looked like a little boy lost out there & in our final third we were overrun for almost all the game. We couldn't get out of our half because we were being pressed to fuck the moment they Sussed us out- which took literally a few minutes.

At the risk of going all Gibbsy, it did actually look a bit "Tiny Dancer" last night. Horrible, horrible match. Best forgotten. Will the last person out of this abomination of a thread switch off the light please?

For me Dier along with Kane are the two most important players we have because they give us our shape although Alderwierald and Dembele often look more noticeable.

Yeh I am glad people see what a player Dier is and how important it is to get cover for him.

With regard to 'tiny dancers' for me Carrol and Mason are AM's, they look to lightweight in central midfield. They may have a future with us but I'd rather in competition for Eriksen or Lamelas place rather than Dier or Dembele's.

Our problem is that key players like Kane and Dier, that play incredibly important roles in our system, are completely knackered. We wouldn't be in this situation if we had players to rotate with during the season. It's hopefully positions we'll address in the summer (we're already being linked with strikers and cms as it is).

Completely agree. Poch talks a lot about rotation but Spurs have a limited budget so the squad depth he needs to be competitive in all competitions isn't going to materialise.

I think Spurs had a shot at the title this season but only if they completely focused their limited resources on the PL. I fear it is too late now, as the key players look like they are fatiguing; Kane in particular.

Poch could be a very successful manager however with a full squad filled with quality. Unless something radically different happens at Spurs (Joe Lewis throws the chequebook at him), Poch will realise his methods will only fully succeed at a club with bottomless pockets.

Back
Top Bottom