Home Opener (vs. Stoke), 15 Aug, 15:00 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No one likes the guy that comes out and says "GUYS GUYS LOOK HOW RIGHT I WAS ABOUT US BEING SHIT."
We're all disappointed, no need to gloat about it. On to the next one, we'll beat the top team in the league away next week.

He´s not gloating.

He took a fucking beating for his views.....and he´s not allowed to shove it down peoples faces that he actually had a point?

And then suddenly he´s a gooner whos glad we lost?

Sorry, but anyone who is not royaly fucked off right now are the ones Id question how Spurs they are to be honest

He´s not gloating.

He took a fucking beating for his views.....and he´s not allowed to shove it down peoples faces that he actually had a point?

And then suddenly he´s a gooner whos glad we lost?

Sorry, but anyone who is not royaly fucked off right now are the ones Id question how Spurs they are to be honest
I don't get angry until November, general rule, makes me able to enjoy life more.

So why was Eriksen so ineffective in the second half?
He stayed primarily on the wing, and barely drifted inwards.

Idk ... I'm just saying that he gets wasted on the wing. We saw it time and time again last season. Most of the times, he was pivotal when he got centeral/free-roam role. But when he was assigned to stay on the wings, he became anonymous.
Exactly because in the second half we was under pressure and he was probably instructed to stay out wide and protect Davies. It was evidantly clear he was not given the free role in the second half.

Hes effective from the left and coming in(which is what he did in the first half). When he starts centrally he's rarely effective because it's easy to mark out an attacking midfielder from a central attacking position but it's much harder when a playmaker starts from the wide position and drifts in.

Okay, sorry for misinterpreting your earlier post then, heat of the moment and all that. Hope there's no hard feelings
ha of course not. it was a mis-leading post.
so i understand the confusing.
i agree with most of what u post.

i am just frustrated & annoyed too, as i feel once again we have made our lives so much harder for ourselves in lots of different ways.

i just want us to give ourselves the best chance of success. if we fall short then so be it.
we our shooting ourselves in the foot once again.

Where are all the people now that were calling us idiots because here is 3 weeks left in the transfer window? Kane injured forced off and no recognizable striker to replace him directly cost us 3 points. Not only that if he isn't fot for next week we are even worse off. I don't blame poch for this loss I blame levy

Poch needs to work on Mason fitness. This guy just can't last 90 mins. Make him run 30-40km per day or something.
he worked his ass off today, was injured for a while and didn't get back to full training until after everyone did, and Bentaleb SHOULD have offered us a more defensive presence to see the game off.

We all know how this ends , the fans will hound poch out of the job by November and onto the next one , with Teflon Dan off Scott free
Absolutely this. Didn't see the game today but have read through the thread. It seems to me that we come flying out of the traps, like we did against United last week, & then don't have the personnel to keep up the impetus or mix up our style when the opposing manager has worked it out during the game, or the lads start getting fatigued. Now whether that is Poch's shortcomings or Levy pissing around in the market, or both, I'm sure the warring will continue on here. The common denominator appears to be Levy's desire to make money & save money. Every year it's the same. I don't think the Audi cup or the MLS games helped our pre season preparations- but hey, no doubt it made the club a few quid. I wasn't worrying about the transfers situation until you see players being sold left right & centre, whilst nothing is happening in terms of incoming players after the early business sorting out the defence. It's not good enough to start the season with one recognised striker & no experienced defensive midfielder to sit ahead of the back four & protect it. we would have all liked to have everyone through the door & settled in before the season started, but that isn't how Dan works. & it is frustrating when it seems that we are handicapping the start to the season by not having the right staffing levels. 4 points from 6 would have been a great start & it wasn't as though we were battered by United. It sounds like 2 points were thrown away this afternoon.

Where are all the people now that were calling us idiots because here is 3 weeks left in the transfer window? Kane injured forced off and no recognizable striker to replace him directly cost us 3 points. Not only that if he isn't fot for next week we are even worse off. I don't blame poch for this loss I blame levy
We're all in church repenting our sins....what response do you want from this statement?

Absolutely this. Didn't see the game today but have read through the thread. It seems to me that we come flying out of the traps, like we did against United last week, & then don't have the personnel to keep up the impetus or mix up our style when the opposing manager has worked it out during the game, or the lads start getting fatigued. Now whether that is Poch's shortcomings or Levy pissing around in the market, or both, I'm sure the warring will continue on here. The common denominator appears to be Levy's desire to make money & save money. Every year it's the same. I don't think the Audi cup or the MLS games helped our pre season preparations- but hey, no doubt it made the club a few quid. I wasn't worrying about the transfers situation until you see players being sold left right & centre, whilst nothing is happening in terms of incoming players after the early business sorting out the defence. It's not good enough to start the season with one recognised striker & no experienced defensive midfielder to sit ahead of the back four & protect it. we would have all liked to have everyone through the door & settled in before the season started, but that isn't how Dan works. & it is frustrating when it seems that we are handicapping the start to the season by not having the right staffing levels. 4 points from 6 would have been a great start & it wasn't as though we were battered by United. It sounds like 2 points were thrown away this afternoon.

The fans at The Lane were going at Levy when the team went to shit last November, not Poch.
The same today from what I've heard. They aren't stupid.

The team just totally ran out of gas after about 60-65 minutes today. Is that something that will improve as the season goes along? Who knows.

When we've got the legs to play Poch's pressing game it makes life tremendously difficult on the opponent, but in possession of the ball this is still a turgid team that doesn't create chances commensurate with the possession they get.

Well we certainly cocked that up..Thought we were well and truly in control until the subs.. Poch has to take the blame for that..I've completely had enough of Lamela, hes had long enough now and has shown nothing to indicate that he will make the grade..
Totally enjoyed the Sat 3-oclock kick off but throwing 2 points put a damper on it..

Put the result to one side. A draw is a draw. It's forgivable. However,..........

What is utterly unforgivable is for a professional club to have ONE striker & no creative midfielder. Look at Stoke's options today and then look at ours and honestly consider which team has more experience, guts, desire and fight ?

It's obvious to everyone that this Spurs team is very light in key areas and likely to ultimately be one of the worst Spurs teams in a decade if something drastic is not done.

But precious little is being done to invest and we have AGAIN chucked in our opening games ( we ain't beating Leicester ) When, come May, we miss out on our target by a few point ( assuming we do ) then again we will all be saying "if we had only held on to beat Stoke" Seriously their are answers needed as to how it is the same fucking crap every season under ENIC. Nothing is changing.

And it's not only in the board room there are questions. There is No leadership on the pitch either and the result of that is that Stephen Mother Fucking Ireland was able to cunt off our weak as fuck midfield & he had us rocking worse than a dingy in a storm and our Jane Fonda fitness coach, who's English is stil shocking by the way, reacts by doing absolutely FUCK all to break up Stoke's play. He is 18 months into the job and he still no plan B. This joker is the professional lap dog to Levy and nothing more astute than a "run about a bit" merchant.

No doubt I'll be called a "melt" and patience will be demanded, but that planning permission announcement and the signing of a teenager from Lyon don't win football matches and I want to see Spurs win, not be as spineless as a snake !

Aren't people right to be melting? I'm generally a fan of Levy's but to be in this position is fucking shambolic.

Absolutely. He's an astute businessman that has done a lot of good for the club. But when a lot of us see 'the business' is more important than the match day squad you have to ask questions.
I'm sure when he rides off into the sunset in a few years with an absolute fortune, an OBE/MBE in his sights due to the regeneration of the area, he will be just fine. I just hope the team is.

The fans at The Lane were going at Levy when the team went to shit last November, not Poch.
The same today from what I've heard. They aren't stupid.
It's Levy who hires & fires though. & if results don't pick up, it won't be Teflon Dan who gets the boot from the fans. It will be Poch that gets the boot from Teflon Dan. Rinse & repeat.

It wasn't an idea. Poch was forced since Kane had a calf injury.

It made sense after Kane came off, because he seemed to be lacking that burst he usually has all game.
I didnt realise that until after I posted. Still a striker for striker sub would have been better, but in the end it shouldnt have ended in a draw period.

Back
Top Bottom