Home Opener (vs. Stoke), 15 Aug, 15:00 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The sub was bad, because it messed up the entire lineup. Taking out Kane that early, was not a good idea since it forced 3 or 4 players to shift their position. Ireland bossed the game when he came on and Diouf had a few dangerous headers, it seemed like a matter of time, especially when they got the lucky pen.

It wasn't an idea. Poch was forced since Kane had a calf injury.

It made sense after Kane came off, because he seemed to be lacking that burst he usually has all game.

i think the fact that kane was replaced by lamela also had a psychological effect on stoke in that they knew we were going to try and sit back and hold on to the lead and with no recognised striker, they are much less at risk of a quick counter attack if they went gung ho in attack

Think it was ironic, he literally just said he want's Poch sacked
no i didnt dane. stop putting words in my mouth.

i dont rate poch like a lot of u.
but i always said give any new manager 3 years unless its a disaster.
id give poch next season even if we end up mid table this season.
dont make assumptions.

levy is poor at picking managers. i think poch was very badly suited to the players we had.
which i think was proven with the big clear out.

but we got him now. may as well give him 3 seasons to show what he can do. any new manager should be given a few seasons bar a disaster.

Last edited:
Or we could blame Kane and Mason for missing their chances. Or we could just say that we were playing a decent team and shit happens. No point turning on the team and manager over it

Clapper.jpg

Whats your view? "I back the manager so hes my BFF xxxxxxxx"
No, my position is that I actually back the manager. I don't think that I could do a better job, and dont think many out there could. I dont pretend to back the manager while actually really wishing we still had Sherwood in charge - your real position.
You genuinely dont get it. laughable.
I get it, people make mistakes and you come on and say I told you so. Because everyone else thinks they are infallible. Muppet
I admitted I was wrong about Mason in this very thread...you are so obsessed with wrong and right, its fucking tragic.
No, it is you that is absolutely obsessed with coming on saying 'told you so, told you so" Especially after a disappointing defeat. Upset my arse, you are fucking delighted.
My solution was to sign a striker, winger and DM in time for the season start. Three key positions to improve the first team.
I agree, but you also agree that we needed a right back, a centre back. Signing 6 players for our standard is not so easy. That's where we differ, I look at reality, where you live in a fantasy land

A point on the board and closer to safety.
Someone asked on here a week ago where this squad would finish if no more signings were made..I said 10th to 14th. I was ridiculed and got about 1001 disagrees. Not looking like such fucking stupid prediction now is it. I was sat in the East Upper today. At the end I heard a lot of bad feeling towards Levy. The only chink of light on a shambolic start to our season.

No, my position is that I actually back the manager. I don't think that I could do a better job, and dont think many out there could. I dont pretend to back the manager while actually really wishing we still had Sherwood in charge - your real position.
img-nursery.jpg

I get it, people make mistakes and you come on and said I told you so. Because everyone else thinks they are infallible. Muppet

Day_nursery_babies_playing_resize.jpg

No, it is you that is absolutely obsessed with coming on saying 'told you so, told you so" Especially after a disappointing defeat. Upset my arse, you are fucking delighted.

slide3.jpg

I agree, but you also agree that we needed a right back, a centre back. Signing 6 players for our standard is not so easy. That's where we differ, I look at reality, where you live in a fantasy land

NURSERY_1609330a.jpg

So much whining about the Lamela and Bentaleb substitutions.
Kane had a knock and Mason looked tired after no pre season.

Can we not make two subs at home at 2-0 without the team falling apart?

Where Alderweireld and Vertonghen so psychologically damaged by the subs that they lost whatever limited defensive ability they collectively possess?

no i didnt dane. stop putting words in my mouth.

i dont rate poch like a lot of u.
but i always said give any new manager 3 years unless its a disaster.
id give poch next season even if we end up mid table this season.
dont make assumptions.

levy is poor at picking managers. i think poch was very badly suited to the players we had.
which i think was priven with the big clear out.

but we got him now. may as well give him 3 seasons to show what he can do. any new manager should be given seasons bar a disaster.
Okay, sorry for misinterpreting your earlier post then, heat of the moment and all that. Hope there's no hard feelings

“He was tired,” Pochettino said.

“He came later in pre-season and it is normal. He is better but he needs time to arrive.

“We knew before the end of last season Harry Kane would play a lot and the consequences you can see now.”

Chiiiiiiiiillllllll Poch.....3 weeks left

Someone asked on here a week ago where this squad would finish if no more signings were made..I said 10th to 14th. I was ridiculed and got about 1001 disagrees. Not looking like such fucking stupid prediction now is it. I was sat in the East Upper today. At the end I heard a lot of bad feeling towards Levy. The only chink of light on a shambolic start to our season.

You sit in the East Upper....huge shock that is....

To still predict a finish as low as 14th is still ridiculous

I don't know what it's down to, really.

Subs? Yes, shitty decisions from Poch today, but you have to bring somebody from the bench. Bad management -> no real impact players

Tactics? Didn't seem as encouraged in the second half - and that I think is because of Poch.

Players? Toby did so well as the rest of the team until the 50th - 60th minute... and then, he fucks it up. Name says it all - Lamela can now really fuck off.

Levy? No new players, N'Jie a week too late, Poch still talking about bringing new players in.

Defensive play? Still allowing too many chances.

-

Shit end to a day which started so well... In the end, we can only wait for the next weekend. I still feel as if we can have a great season, but if we lose to Leicester next week... The coach did do some mistakes today, but we have to stick with him. Even if things will eventually get out of control which can always happen. By that I mean consecutive losses and draws.

OK ... two things... how come after 22 mins at OT last week (or whenever Walker scored the record breaking first og of the season of Premier league history) did we know the result and the team accepted their 1-0 defeat...
yet with 12 minutes to go, and 0-2 down away, did Stoke not only think they were still in with a chance, but actually PROVE IT... (why can't someone underestimate US for a change rather than it always being the other way around?)

...and secondly... I wish we could sign Ronaldo and Messi... just to see them turn into average journeyman dogshit the moment they pull on a Spurs shirt!
What IS IT WITH US???

'inserted'
damn you! my word usage is almost as creative as poch's subs. only he has the currently limited bench and I have, well, the entire English vocabulary....that's the closest thing to a formal writing piece that I've done in many a year. wasted talking about that second half ha. ah well, cock and balls til' i'm dead n bald!

damn you! my word usage is almost as creative as poch's subs. only he has the currently limited bench and I have, well, the entire English vocabulary....that's the closest thing to a formal writing piece that I've done in many a year. wasted talking about that second half ha. ah well, cock and balls til' i'm dead n bald!
Sorry mate, i've watched too much Archer on netflix.

archer-phrasing2-300x225.jpg

No one likes the guy that comes out and says "GUYS GUYS LOOK HOW RIGHT I WAS ABOUT US BEING SHIT."
We're all disappointed, no need to gloat about it. On to the next one, we'll beat the top team in the league away next week.

Back
Top Bottom