Home Opener (vs. Stoke), 15 Aug, 15:00 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I predict a fucking blinder of a match from the whole squad.

4-0

My free association with Stoke: long throws, undershirt towels, wanks.

Oh, and Charlie Fucking Adam. My fucking word he better keep it in his pants. I think he has injured one of our men every match now for the last 3-4 matches. Stay the fuck off Kane, Charlie.

Will have to watch on the delay. Headed into the back country for a bit with the family tomorrow. DVR awaits on my return.

Sing loud gents. Make The Lane rumble. Crush them.

COYS

I predict a fucking blinder of a match from the whole squad.

4-0

My free association with Stoke: long throws, undershirt towels, wanks.

Oh, and Charlie Fucking Adam. My fucking word he better keep it in his pants. I think he has injured one of our men every match now for the last 3-4 matches. Stay the fuck off Kane, Charlie.

Will have to watch on the delay. Headed into the back country for a bit with the family tomorrow. DVR awaits on my return.

Sing loud gents. Make The Lane rumble. Crush them.

COYS
I'm prostrate in admiration, but what makes blokes like you follow our hapless team with such loyalty? Iy can only lead to misery.

Fuck, what a great opening two minutes for Poch; Soldado rumors, Lamela spilling the beans online, Adebayor's future, Lennon gets a mention, Townsend rumors, continuation of the Kane bullshit all in two minutes...

:pocheyes:

Are they trying to shit all over everything before they even talk about the game?

What sort team ?
Given no second striker i would leave Lamela on bench as backup "striker".
Aside from that three more decisions for Poch in respect of returning from injury....
1. Lloris or Vorm ?
2. Rose or Davies ?
3. Dier for safety first rather than starting Mason, Bentaleb

It will be interesting how Poch balances training pitch performance, experienced players returning wanting to play and gut feel.

I hope we do keep playing Dembele further forward.

This is going to be a perfect season for me.

Finally, after decades of posting the same thing, I get my style of squad.

Big gut busting striker with good awareness and accuracy. Dembele FINNALLLLLY played in an advanced role. Solid brave beasts like Bentalre, Mason, Walker, Dier etc. kept faith in Jan and he has a partner. Davies is getting better cover from midfield. Eriksen freed up.

It's like all my Christmases came. Loving the look of Trippier. Rose turned into a phenomenal athlete. Wimmer looking a solid buy. More steel.

Bad influences like Lennon gone. Ade put out of his/our mystery...

COME ON DEMBELE!!! I've backed you for years to be a beast up front.

I honestly thought Poch was dumb. Making Lennon captain, playing the softest wings in the prem. No shape, subbing Townsend or Soldado on to get goals etc etc etc. playing Chiriches in defense...

He's really tuned into his squad. He's making a believer out of me. I hardly ever flip flop. So for me to change an opinion is...strangely sexual.

Hugo

Kyle Tobes Jan Danny

Nabs Mase

Lamela CE23 Chads

Big Daddy Kane​

I'm getting old, trying to be down with the kids with these aliases.

Until the early '80s I think Stoke were always a footballing side.

Stanley Matthews, Jimmy Greenhoff, Terry Conroy, Alan Hudson, John Ritchie, Garth Crooks.

It was when Alan Durban took over as manager that they went long-ball clogger. Mark Hughes is taking them back to their roots really.

Hugo for Vorm as well. Not sure we need Dier ahead of Mason for this one either, he impressed as a substitute. Be content with either.

That's the beauty of the squad right now when it comes to midfield. All of them nudged 4th and it's obvious they are not playing anywhere near their ability and we have a head start on most teams as it's not all change.

Back
Top Bottom