Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
One day a Bender brother will smile at you from the SpursOfficial twitter and you'll find happiness in visiting WHL again.
#Dreams
I doubt it - it's compete shit at the moment, and while I'm happy for the club to have a big new stadium, It will be shit also. All the talk about a 17,000 park lane end is fascinating, but if it's populated by the current WHL crowd, it will be a squib.

Why do you think he's shit then. I couldn't care less about him by the way.

What Poch? I don't think he's shit mate, I am still wholly unconvinced by him though. Yes I know he has a philosophy/system which would need time to communicate, inherited a squad that wasn't his (doesn't everybody?), needs a proper chance and some backing to get a fair crack and all that. He got us 5th, that was material progress.

However, I believe he totally fucked up a critical fortnight of fixtures that culminated in losing the cup final. Will his way work when we're playing 55 games a season without the squad being fucked 2/3 of the way through or, particularly every time we have a Thursday/Sunday? Really not sure about that.

Did I see a lot of stubbornness that might even be naivety or ignorance last season with selections or tactics? In my opinion yes. Did I see an obvious system that was taking shape throughout the season? No, despite maybe 4 really good games (Scum, Chelski, Everton at home and West Brom away), I think we were somewhere between average and shit for many matches. There was not constant evidence of the players starting to 'get it' at various points of games or, just generally seeing it more and more as we got up to match number 657.

I'm not sure what his man-management is like, if you're a Duracell Bunny or a kid that gets a golden ticket then you probably think he's great.

As much as I want to see him backed and given more time for this season, part of that is because we've really left ourselves no choice at all after so much ridiculous manager merry-go-round. Watching us sell Dembele will not be a tick in the pro column for me personally.

I doubt it - it's compete shit at the moment, and while I'm happy for the club to have a big new stadium, It will be shit also. All the talk about a 17,000 park lane end is fascinating, but if it's populated by the current WHL crowd, it will be a squib.

Well I do agree with you when it comes to stewarding and athmosphere. I wouldn't know where to point my shotgun though, as it's a general problem across the league and not isolated to us. I don't think Levy is the direct reason for neon coloured morons telling people to sit down.

The new WHL will probably increase the football tourism and worsen the stubhub situation.
My hope is that the 17k stand will be inspired by some overseas cultures where flags, standing etc. is allowed in this particular area.

I will take some serious fucking convincing of our direction as a squad if we sell Dembele without signing a fucking monster upgrade.

Poch may get kids to improve but sometimes they're going to do that anyway due to where they are on a natural upward curve of development, learning and maturity.

I want him to use the best of and even get more out of a player like Dembele, he is technically better than pretty much anybody in our squad and probably anybody we're likely to sign....then I may visit the Poch jerk circle one day.

Hasn't he been going backwards ever since he signed?
I heard that he learned to play on a basketball court, where success was getting the ball to the pole that held the basket, rather than scoring a "goal". This may account for his complete inability to create or score, a major failing for any midfielder.
I'd love him to succeed with us, as he a fantastic player to watch, but time is running out.

I heard that he learned to play on a basketball court, where success was getting the ball to the pole that held the basket, rather than scoring a "goal". This may account for his complete inability to create or score, a major failing for any midfielder.
I'd love him to succeed with us, as he a fantastic player to watch, but time is running out.
He's a flashy useless player that doesn't help us win - Poch has the brains to see this.

I read this online, and last season Berahino won West Brom players' player of the year award.

So to those that are still kind of questioning his attitude and behavior, it surely can't be that bad and is probably exaggerated by the media, if his very own team-mates ended up selecting him for that award, especially after that rumored bust-up Berahino had with Morrison. Also apparently, Pulis has really helped him improve his behavior and work-rate.

Idk ... imo, given that he's only 21, PL proven, English / has a rapport with Kane, pacey, can play as St or W, and Poch's ability to work with younger players ... Berahino is just one of those signings that is a no-brainer, especially if we can get him for around 15 million pounds.

Last edited:

Yeah I heard that too and know what you mean but given the slack given to Lamela when Dembele has also had 3 different managers in 2-3yrs and is naturally a great footballer, if just expect a really good coach to be able to get utilise him. Poch is supposed to be just that?!

Maybe not, but we don't need a lot of "okay" or adequate players.
We need a few very, very good players.
Players, who could be United, Chelsea or Woolwich targets. Not Stoke and Newcastle targets.
no one tell him we signed wimmer

the greatest trick the daniel ever pulled was convincing........

i wish i knew how to photoshop levys face on to keyser soze.
tumblr_muf24mdRPY1siloiwo1_500.gif

greaaaaaaaaaaat movie

Keyser Soze! KEYSER SOZE!

It won't happen mate, too much money.
if my last name was soze, id have to name my kid keyser even if they were a girl.

id love to have soze on the back of my shirt. what a name.

if we do sign him, iv just made up an awful song for him.

to the 'for he's a jolly good fella' song.

for he is better than pelle,
for he links up well with lamela,
for he rains goals so you'll need an umbrella,
& soze scores for us, even when stoke park the bus.

i just remembered its for he's a jolly good fellow & not fella. which completly ruins my song.

i know he wouldnt come to us but gotze is avaliable.
pep dont rate him. his agent has said pep has killed him. & he has many players ahead of him.
id love a big coup like gotze or reus.
il keep dreaming.

realistically i guess sissoko.

how about sakho for upfront? i know they hate us but if a player wants to go?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom