Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
There may well be loads out there, but nobody I've ever heard of. It amazes me that some on here have so much knowledge of players, especially outwith the PL and know how much they should cost, how they'll settle and how good they'll be. I've no idea.

Moses might be shite, he may have potential. I don't know as I didn't watch many full Stoke games last season. Even if I had, I probably wouldn't have specifically watched him and even if I'd find that, I'm no football scout. A pretty true statement for every poster on here who knows he's a shite signing. I don't get it.

You're right in that we have to unearth new talent, but we can't possibly compete with the top four for players. We have to take the crumbs off their table and wether we like it or not, a player who doesn't sign for one of them and comes to us, he's a reject.

There's very few teams out there don't end up with some serious duds, we just get more than our fair share.

I'm not one to make cocksure comments on who will and who won't be succesful in the PL. You're right, there's plenty on here doing that for me.
I'm pretty sure most of us thought Lamela and Soldado were top-drawer signings of the kind I'm requesting, and look how that turned out.

I'm just saying that players from the same shelf as Lamela and Soldado (once were on, obv.) will grant us success more often than players from the same shelf as Moses, Stambouli etc.

I'm not one to make cocksure comments on who will and who won't be succesful in the PL. You're right, there's plenty on here doing that for me.
I'm pretty sure most of us thought Lamela and Soldado were top-drawer signings of the kind I'm requesting, and look how that turned out.

I'm just saying that players from the same shelf as Lamela and Soldado (once were on, obv.) will grant us success more often than players from the same shelf as Moses, Stambouli etc.

They're on shelves? You'd think that would make the whole thing much, much simpler.
My conviction that Baldini is a world class grifter is, incredibly, even stronger now.

:adebaehug:

Yet, our most recent successes have been youth team Kane, League One Southampton Bale, Zagreb Modric and Real reject VDV.

FWIW, I was utterly convinced that Soldado and Lamela would be world beaters. A bit of me still believes.

Yet, our most recent successes have been youth team Kane, League One Southampton Bale, Zagreb Modric and Real reject VDV.

FWIW, I was utterly convinced that Soldado and Lamela would be world beaters. A bit of me still believes.

Wouldn't it be brilliant if Soldado came good? He's a fucking hero having failed miserably. Imagine the confidence he'd have with the home support totally behind him.
Lamela must start to deliver consistently this season, surely?

Baldini, you slag, I'm looking at you!

Yeah, RE: Bale and Kane that was part of my point. It has to be a mixture of nursing the talents (I absolutely love Bentaleb for one) and buying quality.
VdV wasn't that much of a reject, and no matter what he was a huge signing. IIRC Bayern were in for him as well.

Oh bore off with that will you.

First he claims that everybody sees Alli, Onomah etc. as starters. Then he's explained that that's not the case + asked to quote those saying that.

Then there's quiet.

Then he comes back later with an even more extreme (and made up) assumption, that people expect those youngsters to "carry the team".

It's his war hungry imagination and inability to read and understand a simple message that's causing people to hate his guts, not that he's not a rose tinted happy clapper.

Ooooo bore off....you foul mouth, how dare you!

I'm not getting into Sammy's individual differences of opinion with people but, I know anybody that questions Poch too much or without some clear caveat that might still give him every benefit of the doubt, then they are jumped on quicker than John Terry gets round to your missus after you've left for work.

Yeah, RE: Bale and Kane that was part of my point. It has to be a mixture of nursing the talents (I absolutely love Bentaleb for one) and buying quality.
VdV wasn't that much of a reject, and no matter what he was a huge signing. IIRC Bayern were in for him as well.

I don't get the negativity/impatience of some of the posters here. Some promising signings so far, and plenty of surplus offloaded. We did lots of early business a couple of years ago, and that really worked out for us, didn't it?
Van de Vaart was last minute but one of the best deals we've done in many a year.

I don't get the negativity/impatience of some of the posters here. Some promising signings so far, and plenty of surplus offloaded. We did lots of early business a couple of years ago, and that really worked out for us, didn't it?
Van de Vaart was last minute but one of the best deals we've done in many a year.

Kinda agree. I'm very happy with the outgoings, and very happy with the Alderweireld deal as well. Wouldn't really know what to expect from the other signings, but hopeful.
I do understand that people are screaming for a DM and a striker, though.
IMHO we need a beast to be pairing up with Bentaleb and a competitor for Kane.

I will take some serious fucking convincing of our direction as a squad if we sell Dembele without signing a fucking monster upgrade.

Poch may get kids to improve but sometimes they're going to do that anyway due to where they are on a natural upward curve of development, learning and maturity.

I want him to use the best of and even get more out of a player like Dembele, he is technically better than pretty much anybody in our squad and probably anybody we're likely to sign....then I may visit the Poch jerk circle one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom