Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Celebrations on here after selling on a player that we bought to sell on for a profit.
Halcyon days.
0991b7fb0c4ced002edc14c6d05d2726.jpg

I wish someone would let Abramovitch in on this.

He he, I was thinking about writing something like this, but it's almost too easy, innit?:levywtf:

Im not sure there is. And they can sign plenty. Look at the size of their squads - 30-40 premier league standard players in each squad.

Come on, you know there is. And yes, some (particularly City) have big squads, but the answer to that is not for us to flood our squad with their rejects. We'll end up with the same kind of transfer windows year after year - many ins, many outs. We need to find the young gold (Kane, Bale etc.) and we need to bring in some more established quality and experience (VdV, Modric etc.)

IMHO.

Been thinking who we could get for the 2 (3) key places that need filling

CM; Fellaini. Another Belgium & in fairness a good player despite looking like a cunt.

ST/AM; Lallana. Will Liverpool need him with Benteke & 19 other strikers, where is Borini ?

ST: Cissie from Spewcastle. Good player with solid movement and goal return. Likely to be our new Ade...just what we need

GK ( if Lloris opts for the Manchester Sun) Valdes from Van Gal's girls club for a number 2 even could be a great freebie.

fellaini is no better than capoue or stambouli, whats the point bringing in defensive mdifielders?
Lallana will be over priced
Cisse is overrated

We spent big once becuase we sold a player for £90 odd million. Who do say we should sell to do this again? If we need five players then we ain't getting 5 £15-20m ones.
If you ever think that we will lay out over £100m in one window without doing so, then you ain't got a clue.
I can guarantee that it's not that we don't want to spend big again, it's because we can't.
The clubs spend with the most spend large amounts as the window opens. Just like when we had big money coming in when we spent big and early.
We will have to wait till near the end because that's how the window works. It's a knock on effect.
Just like when we had big money coming in when we spent big and got it done early, bar the Lamela/Willian stuff.
I can guarantee you this, if we wanted Austin he would have come.

Reel yourself in sweetheart, spending big to us is a £15-17m signing, I don't mean £100m in a window. In fact spending big to us would be just £1 net spend, fact is we've spent fuck all for years, fuck all.

We COULD afford to spend a pound or two at least. TV revenue is hugely increased. The stadium build is an asset, there is significant sponsorship and NFL deals etc towards paying that off. We'll be in debt against a huge asset, most of the world works that way. Did you buy your first house with (your) cash? Lucky you if you did but not many do. Most don't start or run their businesses without some sort of secured and unsecured debts over the long term, even if they're in the black on the balance sheet annually.

As it is, we're already in profit during this window and still have deadwood to shift. Going into the season with one fucking decent striker will cost us league placing/s at probably a 85-90% certainty and that itself will cost millions. Need to think further forward outside of the new stadium shadow at times or, it could be the best setting for mid-table football in Europe, maybe the world.

I believe Austin would come to us, I commented towards those that have talked the likes about him preferring first choice at Newcastle or West Ham or, as if we won't need somebody other than Kane for all or part of up to 25-30 games. Don't know if he's what we need though, not sure he's good enough.

Come on, you know there is. And yes, some (particularly City) have big squads, but the answer to that is not for us to flood our squad with their rejects. We'll end up with the same kind of transfer windows year after year - many ins, many outs. We need to find the young gold (Kane, Bale etc.) and we need to bring in some more established quality and experience (VdV, Modric etc.)

IMHO.
There may well be loads out there, but nobody I've ever heard of. It amazes me that some on here have so much knowledge of players, especially outwith the PL and know how much they should cost, how they'll settle and how good they'll be. I've no idea.

Moses might be shite, he may have potential. I don't know as I didn't watch many full Stoke games last season. Even if I had, I probably wouldn't have specifically watched him and even if I'd find that, I'm no football scout. A pretty true statement for every poster on here who knows he's a shite signing. I don't get it.

You're right in that we have to unearth new talent, but we can't possibly compete with the top four for players. We have to take the crumbs off their table and wether we like it or not, a player who doesn't sign for one of them and comes to us, he's a reject.

There's very few teams out there don't end up with some serious duds, we just get more than our fair share.

Reel yourself in sweetheart, spending big to us is a £15-17m signing, I don't mean £100m in a window. In fact spending big to us would be just £1 net spend, fact is we've spent fuck all for years, fuck all.

We COULD afford to spend a pound or two at least. TV revenue is hugely increased. The stadium build is an asset, there is significant sponsorship and NFL deals etc towards paying that off. We'll be in debt against a huge asset, most of the world works that way. Did you buy your first house with (your) cash? Lucky you if you did but not many do. Most don't start or run their businesses without some sort of secured and unsecured debts over the long term, even if they're in the black on the balance sheet annually.

As it is, we're already in profit during this window and still have deadwood to shift. Going into the season with one fucking decent striker will cost us league placing/s at probably a 85-90% certainty and that itself will cost millions. Need to think further forward outside of the new stadium shadow at times or, it could be the best setting for mid-table football in Europe, maybe the world.

I believe Austin would come to us, I commented towards those that have talked the likes about him preferring first choice at Newcastle or West Ham or, as if we won't need somebody other than Kane for all or part of up to 25-30 games. Don't know if he's what we need though, not sure he's good enough.

Worth staying up for.

Only really Stambouli - and I think that was because we didn't expect Mason to progress as well
Mason progressed because Stambouli was a lightweight who got puffed out flicking his hair back into place. One of the reasons I like this place is that some fans rated him, and confirmed my opinion that bullshitters - if there are enough of them - will always make a case. Stambouli's reputation, such as it is, has not suffered because someone had the good sense not to play him in games where he was required to break into a jog.

Mason progressed because Stambouli was a lightweight who got puffed out flicking his hair back into place. One of the reasons I like this place is that some fans rated him, and confirmed my opinion that bullshitters - if there are enough of them - will always make a case. Stambouli's reputation, such as it is, has not suffered because someone had the good sense not to play him in games where he was required to break into a jog.

All well and good, but we didn't really get a look at him, did we?
PSG snapping him up may just be a quota thing, but it's hardly a downgrade for the chap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom