Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best case scenario for this transfer window now is getting rid of Ade, Soldado, Chiriches and Lennon. Get in 1 central/defensive midfielder, 1 right winger and 1 striker. Ideally these three signings are players who are arguably much better than our first teamers to improve the overall quality of the team. If Dembele goes as well, we might need to get in two midfielders.

If we get in Bender/Kramer (both are fantastic DMs, Bender would be cheaper but is more injury prone) that is the midfield sorted. If Dembele is sold (not sure if it will happen, but wouldn't be sad as despite his many talents, Moussa is not a good fit for the style of football Poch wants), we really need to go after Moutinho if he is available on the cheap for a player of his capacity. People here underestimate how much of an impact a big name signing makes not just in terms of football but also raising the general mood of the fans and the players.

Berahino would be good as a second striker. And for the winger I am not sure who we sign but again we should go all out for someone better than Chadli!

Would like us to get rid of Ade, Chiriches and Lennon. Don't mind if Soldado stays as third string striker. Kind of like him in Spurs shirt and it would be brilliant if he come good and just exploded one can dream I guess!

Some info that I heard yesterday from someone who was at an agent event..

- Townsend doesn't want to leave.
- Victor Moses deal is nailed on.

I know it's nothing you don't already know, but I heard it from a reliable source.

Oh and un related to Spurs, but Villa also Very interested in Austin.

Would like us to get rid of Ade, Chiriches and Lennon. Don't mind if Soldado stays as third string striker. Kind of like him in Spurs shirt and it would be brilliant if he come good and just exploded one can dream I guess!
Look realistically that is about what should try and handle atm.
Townsend can't leave atm with Lamela on international vacation not being back till say next week, will be undercooked for start of season.
Getting one decent striker will be hard enough at this late stage, and really we should not be trying to bed two new strikers into the system.
Reckon there are only two newbies for squad to come. Striker capable of wide right/left (eg Remy style) and a quality CM (eg Sissoko style) - powerful capable of 5 goals per season.

I know it's nothing you don't already know, but I heard it from a reliable source.

Would make more sense for Villa to go for Austin than Ade that's for sure. I just hope Timmeh really thinks that he can get the best out of Ade.

So Austin seemingly has to choose between going to Villa or Newcastle - poor bloke

Out:
Soldado
Ade
Townsend
Vlad
Fazio (I like him but we cant have 11 defenders)
Dembele (I rate him highly, but will be a waste of time on the bench)
Lennon
(already gone, Capoue, Paulinho, Stambouli)

Loan:
Yedlin
Alli
Pritchard

In:
Berahino
Moses
Mcarthy/Suarez/Motta
Austin

I could live with that

Good, we only need/want 2 more players to come in, a striker who can also play in one of the three behind Kane and the infamous CDM.

So why is it good that one of our targeted DMs may be going elsewhere then?

:avbcringe:

Don't mind if Soldado stays as third string striker. Kind of like him in Spurs shirt and it would be brilliant if he come good and just exploded one can dream I guess!

Yes you never know, he might make it to double figures after three seasons

When you see "preparing a bid" you know it is bullshit. Are they putting the cash in a bag or what? Nobody who knows is going to talk about that.

Its funny how you pick and choose which rumours are bullshit and which have legs....when ALL the rumours come from the exact same sources. Forums, media and twitter.

I think your theory goes something like:
Dont want the player = Bullshit rumour
Want the player = In Poch I trust, sign him up

Last edited:
Pedro, 27, not getting game time at Barca. £22m release clause and United are in for him now.
Isn't this the kind of player we'd be in for 2-3 years ago?

Not sure why people have this illusion that in the past we spent big. Our record transfer fee was £16~ for quite a while. It's only ever been broken significantly two times; Lamela and Soldado.

Its funny how you pick and choose which rumours are bullshit and which have legs....when ALL the rumours come from the exact same sources. Forums, media and twitter.

I don't believe any of them. I have a personal view on players I would like/not like, that is different from believing a rumour.
I can see people answering a vague question like "is X somebody you have looked at" and that becoming "ITK", but to talk about a firm bid about to be sent in would be a sacking offence.

I don't believe any of them. I have a personal view on players I would like/not like, that is different from believing a rumour.
I can see people answering a vague question like "is X somebody you have looked at" and that becoming "ITK", but to talk about a firm bid about to be sent in would be a sacking offence.

How can you not believe any of them? Were the Toby, Wimmer, Trippier, Capoue, Kaboul and Paulinho rumours bullshit then? Do you not believe Stambouli is off?

Sacking offense? Who is going to sack an agent for leaking a rumour?
Or an unknown mole?
Or a players friend, brother, girlfriends friends brothers uncle who might have spilled the beans?

A lot of rumours are pure nonsense of course, but I find it pretty funny when some people claim not to believe any of the rumours but will happily name a wishlist of players based around "who we are after"....or bash Levy for "letting down" the manager over Schniderlin or Moutinho etc....or declare how much they dont want Victor Moses.....

So why is it good that one of our targeted DMs may be going elsewhere then?

:avbcringe:

Yes you never know, he might make it to double figures after three seasons

The good part was Mario Suarez not coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom