Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland (Saturday 13th Sept 15:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I changed my mind ,I want to see Chiriches as starter with Vertonghen as central defenders, I saw him in the match vs Greece ,was “imperial” in defense as Right centre back, perfect on fit,precise passes and not even one hesitate during all 90 minutes in the romanian victory In Greece yesterday (1-0).

If not use Vlad in this kind of matches with Sunderland ,then when ??? Pocchetino should play with the men in form ,and Vlad regain strenghts after the injury ,he don’t have any problem now,he was perfect in defense vs Greece,I hope soon for Tottenham, now the credit is in Poch hands…use him! It’s time! Release Vlad in the arena!!!

Fazio could play later…

--------Lloris----
-Dier-Chiriches-Verts-Rose
------Paulinho—Dembele
-Lamela---Eriksen---Chadli
----------Adebayor----

He's been injury free (or able to play) a good while now if you add the end of last season, but I'm beginning to doubt if he'll ever look sharp again. I agree that cup games should be his arena for now.
Id be interested to know what number of the unacceptable amount of fuck ups that led to goals last season where down to which players.

Does that make sense?!

For me Ade will need recovery time from the ACN games, ditto Bentaleb.

Perhaps something like this, but will probably change my mind as the week progresses.

Lloris----
-Dier-Fazio-Verts-Rose
------Stambouli—Dembele- Capoue
-Lamela---Paulino--Chadli/Eriksen
----------Kane----

It may be that Eriksen needs a rest, as he's admitted he's 'below par' ATM

Perhaps Vlad as a DM in this game, but then again tough place to start a new position for us.

For me Ade will need recovery time from the ACN games, ditto Bentaleb.

Perhaps something like this, but will probably change my mind as the week progresses.

Lloris----
-Dier-Fazio-Verts-Rose
------Stambouli—Dembele- Capoue
-Lamela---Paulino--Chadli/Eriksen
----------Kane----

It may be that Eriksen needs a rest, as he's admitted he's 'below par' ATM

Perhaps Vlad as a DM in this game, but then again tough place to start a new position for us.
4-3-3-1? Interesting. Why has no one else thought of this? :pochsmirk:

Last edited:
I changed my mind ,I want to see Chiriches as starter with Vertonghen as central defenders

Of course, I do understand your bias for him to be a starting XI player... but I have to agree! I can see him benefiting from Poch's coaching to eliminate some of the more 'derpy' parts of his play. Against quicker, more skillful teams, he may be a great asset in central defence.

Oh, and this was one of the few highlights for me last year...

:levywhoa:

I do hope he lays off the sauce.:mong:

Last edited:
From accounts, Fazio played on the left side of CB
I very much doubt his CB partner was left footed, he was probably playing there because he felt most comfortable on the left out of Sevilla's right footed centre halves. I don't think i've ever seen Vertonghen play RCB and he is very left footed so it would be madness to move him to the right for a left footer let alone a right footer.

Of course, I do understand your bias for him to be a starting XI player... but I have to agree! I can see him benefiting from Poch's coaching to eliminate some of the more 'derpy' parts of his play. Against quicker, more skillful teams, he may be a great asset in central defene.

Oh, and this was one of the few highlights for me last year...

:levywhoa:

I do hope he lays off the sauce.:mong:

I was pleased what he played in this match vs. Greece ,and he was perfect in defense with his team mates,Vlad played very determined and for sure he will be present in 2016 at Euro in France with his national team. (all defenders blocked all actions of the greek players,the result say that) ,I just want to say he’s ok in fit and with that to give his help for the Spurs now, I say it’s not an experiment time vs. Sunderland to play Fazio with Vertonghen because they don’t know very well each other,Fazio is a newcomer,a partnership in defense Vlad-Verts is more likely because they known each other from a 1 year ,Kaboul have his credit, ok ,but what I seen vs Liverpool …mmmm, not so well…ok,all credit is in Poch hands ,no matter what is our preferences for this match, he will have the final decision.

I have strong doubts that Sunderland away is the place to restart Vlad's Prem career as a CB, then again I have worries about Verts and Kab. I definitely think Fazio should play, then one of Jan or Vlad. In ways Vlad seems the better partner to Faz, but it's probably too high risk.

Good luck as usual to Poch on his choice.

I changed my mind ,I want to see Chiriches as starter with Vertonghen as central defenders, I saw him in the match vs Greece ,was “imperial” in defense as Right centre back, perfect on fit,precise passes and not even one hesitate during all 90 minutes in the romanian victory In Greece yesterday (1-0).

If not use Vlad in this kind of matches with Sunderland ,then when ??? Pocchetino should play with the men in form ,and Vlad regain strenghts after the injury ,he don’t have any problem now,he was perfect in defense vs Greece,I hope soon for Tottenham, now the credit is in Poch hands…use him! It’s time! Release Vlad in the arena!!!

Fazio could play later…

--------Lloris----
-Dier-Chiriches-Verts-Rose
------Paulinho—Dembele
-Lamela---Eriksen---Chadli
----------Adebayor----

They do have a 100% record as a CB pairing, with 0 goals conceded.

although they've only played 1 game! Note, this is from memory from a stats thread

Back
Top Bottom