Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland (Saturday 13th Sept 15:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

FOUR games in to a new season. We were gonna win the league after the QPR game, now we're useless. It really is laughable. Our fan base is no different to Woolwich's.

Some of the things I've read on here / Twitter are beyond a joke.

Very good performance today, IMO. Plenty of positives. We conceded two sloppy goals with basically a second string back four.

Calm down.

Hopefully he'll abandon the Chadli experiment and put Lennon back in. Against Liverpool Chadli proved that he's as much use as tits on a fish when you need someone to do something useful. Sorry but 2 goals against that woeful QPR defence don't paper over the cracks of his game

He should have scored against Pool, but I think the real questions you should ask before championing Lennon are:

Would Lennon have even been in the position to take the shot against Pool?
Would he have scored either of the QPR chances?

Im thinking no three times.

I like Lennon, but Chadli is far more productive for me.

Not sure what all the angst is about, really.

We mullered them in their own backyard, silenced their crowd and played some damn good football. They scored from a triple deflection and left us with pinocchio on the line as last ditch defence, so that was never staying out. Then they levelled with a total fluke, scored, accidentally, by a guy who had been on for less than a minute.

Ade was totally knackered and despite his goal, Chadli played most of the game looking like he had boxing gloves on his feet rather than boots. Took it well mind, almost makes you think he might turn out useful. Lamela spent the whole game looking like a superb futsal/5 a side player, and when he opens his game up to a full sized pitch he's going to be a bastard to stay with, he gets better every game for me.
Dier cant attack and recover like Rose - and Rose can't defend like..............a defender.
Capoue and Dembele both played well and linked the defence and what passed for an attack, in a massively lively and fluid rolling, sprawling nightmare of an offensive unit. Their defensive mids and defenders are going to have nightmares tonight and will probably all sign on to their nearest place of worship tomorrow.
Vlad the impaler was awesome at defending and overconfident in going forward, but kept his brainfarts to a minimum. Their pathetic number of attempts and loris's lazy afternoon are testimony to their (our defensive) dominance.
A bit more luck and that could have been 4/5 -2.
Larsson needs beating to death with a 10 foot rubber cock.
Brown should have been sent off.
Rose should have been booked for his pathetic diving.

IMHO

For me Ade will need recovery time from the ACN games, ditto Bentaleb.

Perhaps something like this, but will probably change my mind as the week progresses.

Lloris----
-Dier-Fazio-Verts-Rose
------Stambouli—Dembele- Capoue
-Lamela---Paulino--Chadli/Eriksen
----------Kane----

It may be that Eriksen needs a rest, as he's admitted he's 'below par' ATM

Perhaps Vlad as a DM in this game, but then again tough place to start a new position for us.
4-3-3-1? Interesting. Why has no one else thought of this? :pochsmirk:

Last edited:
"We look pretty great going forward, now if we could just sort out that backline"- some Spurs fan (1882-2014).

I know that we go through international breaks every year, but man ... it feels like forever since we last played. I'm feeling really stoked and excited for Saturday. Coys!

Unlucky spurs. Frustrating but play like that every week and we'll win far more games.

People scapegoating ade need to put their agendas to the side. He played his part in a good performance. Was obviously tired from international matches too

For me the big question is whether or not Pochettino has the balls to put Kaboul out of his misery. He's been the captain so far, so the whole thing is a bit awkward. It's a big call, but I think we need to move forward with someone else in the middle of our defense. If Fazio is not ready then Chiriches is still an upgrade.

That was pretty much God putting us back in our place, 'I grant you sexy free flowing football and a shit tonne of possession but though shall disappointingly draw due to late own goal.' I'm probably going to be happier as that performance on the whole looked fantastic but in the short term it feels completely unjust not taking 3 points from that game.

Back
Top Bottom