Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland (Saturday 13th Sept 15:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, no Lennon please.
I hope Fazio gets a debut start. Stambouli can get a later date. And I'd rest Bentaleb for this.

I'd be happy with ...

Hugo
Dier - Fazio - Verts - Rose (or Davies)
Capoue - Paulo (or Dembro)
Lamela - Eriksen - Chadli
Ade (or Soldado)

Yeah, no Lennon please.
I hope Fazio gets a debut start. Stambouli can get a later date. And I'd rest Bentaleb for this.

I'd be happy with ...

Hugo
Dier - Fazio - Verts - Rose (or Davies)
Capoue - Paulo (or Dembro)
Lamela - Eriksen - Chadli
Ade (or Soldado)
You can't use that term man, too soon :pochsulk:

For me the big question is whether or not Pochettino has the balls to put Kaboul out of his misery. He's been the captain so far, so the whole thing is a bit awkward. It's a big call, but I think we need to move forward with someone else in the middle of our defense. If Fazio is not ready then Chiriches is still an upgrade.

[formation=4231, Loris, Dier, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies, Stromboli, Capoue, Lennon, Eriksen, Lamela, Soldado][/formation]

if 4231 is the only likely option, lets guess that MP likes the new boys, so I'd run with this.
Old school - right footed guy on the right, left footed guy on the left, feeding the "fox in the box" striker (who makes himself available for) crosses.

Lloris
Dier Fazio (or Chiriches) Vertongthen Rose
Capoue Bentaleb
Lamela Eriksen Chadli
Adebayor

Really think we need to start transitioning Kaboul out of our first choice eleven. You can understand a defender having a rough game against talented players like Sterling and Sturridge but Kaboul was just shitting himself out there. Couldn't control the ball, wayward touches and passes, and poor defensively. We simply can't have a center half that error prone out there and expect positive things. It's a shame that this is where we are with Kaboul. For me, when he was on form he looked the best of any of our CBs in the last ten years not named Ledley King.

[formation=4231, Loris, Dier, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies, Stromboli, Capoue, Lennon, Eriksen, Lamela, Soldado][/formation]

if 4231 is the only likely option, lets guess that MP likes the new boys, so I'd run with this.
Old school - right footed guy on the right, left footed guy on the left, feeding the "fox in the box" striker (who makes himself available for) crosses.

if lennon starts ill eat my socks..
and if lennon starts and lamela plays on the left ill eat my socks AND shoes..

For me the big question is whether or not Pochettino has the balls to put Kaboul out of his misery. He's been the captain so far, so the whole thing is a bit awkward. It's a big call, but I think we need to move forward with someone else in the middle of our defense. If Fazio is not ready then Chiriches is still an upgrade.

Its a tough one with Kaboul...someone pointed out to me he had only played 14 games in two years before this season, so its going to take a good while for him to get match fit.

But you dont get match fit from the bench and being stripped of the captaincy.

Id like to see him play our EL and CC games for now though, and maybe start the odd PL game here and there. He's not a bad player, just needs to get back into it.

Its a funny old game when the likes of Holtby were seen as the future of our midfield, but someone like Kaboul, who has suffered terribly with injuries gets no support.

Its a tough one with Kaboul...someone pointed out to me he had only played 14 games in two years before this season, so its going to take a good while for him to get match fit.

But you dont get match fit from the bench and being stripped of the captaincy.

Id like to see him play our EL and CC games for now though, and maybe start the odd PL game here and there. He's not a bad player, just needs to get back into it.

Its a funny old game when the likes of Holtby were seen as the future of our midfield, but someone like Kaboul, who has suffered terribly with injuries gets no support.
He's been injury free (or able to play) a good while now if you add the end of last season, but I'm beginning to doubt if he'll ever look sharp again. I agree that cup games should be his arena for now.

if lennon starts ill eat my socks..
and if lennon starts and lamela plays on the left ill eat my socks AND shoes..
thats a lot of shoes as well.
There's a big difference between what I want, and what will happen.
But thats what I would like, because I believe its the best use of their talents and will bring the best out of Soldado
which is all irrelevant as Chumpli will play, Lamela will run into the corner flag all game and Ade will play on the wing when he gets bored with the lack of service

Back
Top Bottom