Have we signed Frank de Boer yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whats the score, Frank de Boer?

• Total voters
Levy is pissed that he told the media and forced spurs to that statement...
Levy can be petty, but I doubt he's that petty.

Didn't something similar happen with AVB? His people leaked that it was all set, but then Levy said no, they were still interviewing other candidates (or whatever), and AVB threatened to pull out? I'm not sure Levy was interviewing others; he just wanted to control the story.

I doubt he likes doing business in the open any more than he likes having Sherwood banging on his door forcing him into making half arsed statements at gun point.

Either de Boer was asked say nothing, or he wasn't. If he was, then he fucked up - if he wasn't, then the club's men in black fucked up, and Levy by association.

My take is FDB has spoken inappropriately. We have approached him, albeit 'unofficially', and expect he would be discrete. He hasnt, and from my pov thats pretty poor form.

I dont take it as he is being an asshole, more that he is being Dutch - they are very outspoken arent they? Also it seems the press over there have a good bond with clubs etc so are quite open.

Levy looked like the scum of the earth approaching Ramos and sacking Jol as he did, its not like he is averse to being a c*nt to get a result.

On which basis I think this is unfortunate, Id rather it didnt happen, but I dont think its a deal breaker.

Well FDB after todays spam game you must first consider if you want to try and sort out this mess.
There is a lot to do.
1. Keep Lloris and Eriksen
2. Sell deadwood
3. Loan some we can't sell
4. find some centrebacks.

Just make him the godfather offer and let's get this done. Levy can't afford to play silly buggers.

It's like signing a less decorated version of Villas-Boas.

The guy lost to a newly promoted team 5-1 in a cup final and he's unproven outside of a terrible Dutch league... at least AVB had a European record...

Levy never learns. If De Boer signs he will be sacked without finishing above AFC, Manu and maybe even Everton.

Failing LvG - either Mancini or Benitez.
Ooooffff, then count me out...

At a stretch, I would make do with Benitez, but then the English press are out for his blood as much as anybody's. I'm afraid that we'd be recreating old mistakes as much or more as if we appointed De Boer.

And I've never been impressed with Mancini. I don't like his style, and I don't like his man management.

I fully admit that De Boer has a lot to prove, but I'd take him over either of those two.

Ooooffff, then count me out...

At a stretch, I would make do with Benitez, but then the English press are out for his blood as much as anybody's. I'm afraid that we'd be recreating old mistakes as much or more as if we appointed De Boer.

And I've never been impressed with Mancini. I don't like his style, and I don't like his man management.

I fully admit that De Boer has a lot to prove, but I'd take him over either of those two.

About exactly my take, especially on Mancini. Pretty clear he didn't get along with his players well at all.

I wouldn't be upset at all if we got Benitez, but I would prefer de Boer. Fucking love his quote about wanting to build something with a club like us to become part of our history, love that he could actually keep Vertonghen for us and get him reinterested, love that the players would undoubtedly respect him given what I'm sure will be strong reviews from Jan and Eriksen, love the kind of football he advocates, and love his ability to get involved with and successfully indoctrinate the academy players into the squad.

With Benitez winning another trophy - we are unlikely to get him, either Napoli will lock him in to stay or "bigger" clubs attached to CL status will get him.
For me FDB has to come in. Give him a couple of years and the money he needs for a couple of quality players without Daniel putting the heat on expectations and talking about the sack.

So here's the comedy timeline of propaganda so far:

FDB: "Spurs have spoken to the club and I would be interested" etc.
Fans: "Yey, Frank's on his way to THFC!"

THFC: "We haven't spoken to any club about a coaching vacancy"
[THFC to FDB - shush Frank, just deny it until we sack Tim ok?]
Fans: "The board are lying - Levy out! Poor Tim"

FDB: "I'm not aware of any club being interested officially, so I guess I'll still be here if I don't go"
Fans: "Oh. I guess Levy has scared him off and he's not the new manager after all"

So here's the comedy timeline of propaganda so far:

FDB: "Spurs have spoken to the club and I would be interested" etc.
Fans: "Yey, Frank's on his way to THFC!"

THFC: "We haven't spoken to any club about a coaching vacancy"
[THFC to FDB - shush Frank, just deny it until we sack Tim ok?]
Fans: "The board are lying - Levy out! Poor Tim"

FDB: "I'm not aware of any club being interested officially, so I guess I'll still be here if I don't go"
Fans: "Oh. I guess Levy has scared him off and he's not the new manager after all"

FDB: "Yes it's true. I've got the job, Overmars told me, but I'm not supposed to say anything you understand?"
NOS reporter: "No, not really"
FANS: "Yeaaahh! Get in Frank. We never wanted that Van Gall tosser anyway. FDB's blue & white army"

THFC: "The Club would like to make it clear that nobody at board level knows Mr Overmars phone number"
SHERWOOD: "Well somebody's telling porkies. I told the chairman to sign Eriksen as an 11 year old. I did"

FDB: "I must have been mistaken, my future is with Ajax unless Spurs want to talk to me again"
SHERWOOD: "All these fackin cunts can fuck off. I'm the greatest manager Spurs have ever had"

RAY CLEMENCE: "He's not wrong, and he's English which is the main thing. Even if he's not very good"
POCHETTINO: "Hey, fuck you Clemence, fuck off back to the 70's"
LEVY: "His English isn't too bad at all, we can work with that. Has anyone got his phone number?"

Last edited:
The latest is that De Boer has said that he is staying at Ajax!

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014...les-himself-out-of-running-for-tottenham-job/

Back to square one by the looks of it

I can't help but think he's said that due to spurs coming out and saying they haven't approached him, I can see Levy just saying "fuck it, have Moyes" because De Boer came out and said we'd approached him, regardless would love him at the helm! VdV number 2.. Cream, an unsulky Vertonghen, splooge, Eriksen playing where we should.. Full blown orgasm all over the park lane.

I can't help but think he's said that due to spurs coming out and saying they haven't approached him, I can see Levy just saying "fuck it, have Moyes" because De Boer came out and said we'd approached him, regardless would love him at the helm! VdV number 2.. Cream, an unsulky Vertonghen, splooge, Eriksen playing where we should.. Full blown orgasm all over the park lane.

v05uV.gif

Back
Top Bottom