Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That Ali Gold tweet has actually pissed me off.

He speaks the truth.

Jack Nicholson You Cant Handle The Truth GIF

Why do people speculate about wages without having any clue on what they may be?

Werner is clearly a good winger (the only people who can deny this are those who have raging hate boners for him, he comes off really good in nearly all metrics) but his finishing is really bad which is why he can't be a starter. But he's more than good enough to be a squad option and that doesn't just mean coming off the bench to beat his man and spam crosses (as if that's a bad thing) unless you are planning to stick with one starting xi the entire season+Europe (you'll end up like the gooners).

Why do people speculate about wages without having any clue on what they may be?

Werner is clearly a good winger (the only people who can deny this are those who have raging hate boners for him, he comes off really good in nearly all metrics) but his finishing is really bad which is why he can't be a starter. But he's more than good enough to be a squad option and that doesn't just mean coming off the bench to beat his man and spam crosses (as if that's a bad thing) unless you are planning to stick with one starting xi the entire season+Europe (you'll end up like the gooners).

Seems pretty consistent across all sites: 165k GBP per week

that's 192k Euros pw.

I think you're reading too much into this, whatever we end up doing transfer wise this summer, this comment has nothing to do with it.

It's just discussion about 4th vs 5th.

Yeah it's not that deep, the manager literally came out and created the narrative himself.

Everyone knows the club prioritise CL football

Players who I view should no longer be at the club by the start of 25/26 Season:
Pierre Emile Hojberg
Yves Bissouma
Richarlison
Bryan Gil
Emerson Royal
Timo Werner
Giovani Lo Celso
Ryan Sessegnon
Manor Solomon
Sergio Reguilón
Djed Spence
Tanguy Ndombele
Joe Rodon

I know that we cannot get rid of all of them at once but those 12 players do not suit the way we play and mosttake up foreign trained player slots.

There should be no signing players because they make the squad bettter we should be making two types of signings, First Team players and young players who may grow into competing for first team players. You do not sign a player unless you expect him to be able to nail down a first team spot at some point.

Back
Top Bottom