Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You said "If there is a player"

And if there was just one, I'd 100 billion % stand by going for Eze. We know he can cut in the premier league - can't say the same about Florian Wirtz.

Hope that helps.

Luckily, spurs aren't bound by anything I say on here, and can go for as many as they like (or Levy will allow.... :levyeyes: )

if there's no real ambition in the summer then all Ange can do at best is finish between 6th and 3rd with the odd semi final thrown in over the next 2 seasons before he is sacked.

Tottenham's story is this.

Exactly

I think you're reading too much into this, whatever we end up doing transfer wise this summer, this comment has nothing to do with it.

It's just discussion about 4th vs 5th.

What Kaz just described is what that “release” from the club is telling me to expect.

They basically said:

“ ooh Top 4 might be nice but 5th wouldn’t be too bad either”

Does that sound like a club planning to invest the kind of money required to win the Premier League to you?

Ange will target a title charge and I’ll be right there with him but based on the noises from the club, he’ll need to be a miracle worker to do it.

And if there was just one, I'd 100 billion % stand by going for Eze. We know he can cut in the premier league - can't say the same about Florian Wirtz.

Hope that helps.

Luckily, spurs aren't bound by anything I say on here, and can go for as many as they like (or Levy will allow.... :levyeyes: )
The difference is I think Eze is a good player and is at his ceiling while I think Wirtz could be generational talent where he coiuld have a Ballon D'or in his future.

z
Absolutely class player.

Issue is though considering how much he would I cost, where would he play for us? He would need to play in that 10/8 hybrid role that Maddison plays in.

We should be making a statement signing in the 6 position, not this one.
We definitely need a strong no.6, but we also need someone to challenge Madders. We can't wait for him to find his form every time he comes back from an injury - or is out with an injury. MGW would be really useful.

View: https://x.com/thespursexpress/status/1781193424143864286?s=46&t=DK3x3JffKkqwqcsQdIeO_A

Shared this on the levy thread but shit like this is the clubs way of telling fans don’t expect much ambition in the summer

It's started already, hasn't it

2Ee.gif

Back
Top Bottom