Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace - Sat. 2nd March 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Confused Gary Coleman GIF
Not a clue, just saw it

They aren’t that different a side than Wolves
Yes they are. Much better in every department. Wolves have also beat us,Brighton and Chelsea in the last few weeks. Wolves have forward players that can really cause you a lot of problems from general play and a counter attack. I see nothing to worry about with any palace players. They play in front of you and if you deal with the physical side of things with them then you are comfortable.

I mean in terms of style. We would struggle to have won that Wolves games 2 times out of 10. They had our number and honestly would be better playing with ten than having absolute wankers like Royal shitting the bed in midfield, stifling any attacking play. The parody Brazilian is a football strangler

What's Palace's style under Glasner?

And what makes you think it's not too different from O'Neils Wolves?

Palace appear to have moved to more open football under Glasner which will suit us.

I remember his Frankfurt team from last season. He managed to lose to a Conte managed team and we were shit so that's a positive for this one!

Didn't catch any of Palace last week though. I imagine he'll adapt though after being at our stadium 2 weeks ago and probably look to sit back and counter.

What's Palace's style under Glasner?

And what makes you think it's not too different from O'Neils Wolves?
To early to say or to early to influence but they have generally played deep, and pounced on the break for years - not too dissimilar to Wolves

Unless you are expecting them to come out and full press like Man City (after 2 weeks of his management)?

Yes they are. Much better in every department. Wolves have also beat us,Brighton and Chelsea in the last few weeks. Wolves have forward players that can really cause you a lot of problems from general play and a counter attack. I see nothing to worry about with any palace players. They play in front of you and if you deal with the physical side of things with them then you are comfortable.
Yeah, fair. I still think they can frustrate us, with shit tactics like Royal on the ball in midfield

To early to say or to early to influence but they have generally played deep, and pounced on the break for years - not too dissimilar to Wolves

Unless you are expecting them to come out and full press like Man City (after 2 weeks of his management)?

I haven't got a clue.

I haven't seen a Glasner managed Palace. I was asking you as you seemed to believe they weren't much different to Wolves.

But going off this season, Palace are far worse than Wolves. If they play like they have been prior to Glasner, we'll walk the game.

I reckon they will sit back and counter, but I don't think they'll be anywhere near as good at it as Wolves are because they aren't as good as Wolves.

We won't blow Palace away but I'd be shocked if we didn't win. Wolves was always tricky and I was worried going in, especially without out full backs. This one? Nah. No worries.

Weren’t Glasner teams meant to be attacking?

I remember when we were linked to him after Conte it was because he usually plays wing back systems but much more attacking than the Italian Gelfling

Everyone is off to the Lamex to watch Jamie Donley.
Why? Is Jamie not playing for us at Hotspur Way? :rolleyes:

Incidentally, the game starts at 1pm and is on Spursplay (probs be a stream, too) for those who can't wait the extra 2 hours for their first Spurs fix for yonks!

Last edited:
Unsurprisingly, Sky predict big wins for City (vs Utd), Liverpool (@Forest), Woolwich (@Sheffield)...and a comfy one for Villa (@Luton).

But for us, of course they see yet another slip at home...2-2.
Tbh, I could definitely see the results ending like that. United are pretty shite

Now Richie is out could that lankshear lad get a spot on the bench, Liverpool and united always have teenagers ready to play so maybe it could be a chance for some minutes today.

Scarlett will probably be on the bench.
I don’t see anything special in Scarlett. I’d be very surprised if he’s still with us next season. Best case scenario for him is another loan. Veliz will come back and put him further down the line. These type of lads need to move on and make career for themselves rather than just waste 3 or 4 years hardly playing. If they need to drop down then so be it.
We were talking about Gyokeres yesterday and look at him now. Was at Brighton but spent 3 seasons going out on loan to St Pauli,Swansea and then Coventry and then made his move there permanently. From then he’s been on an incredible run of scoring. I just wonder if players leave earlier and get settled at a club they will progress further earlier rather than hanging on at a club knowing it’s not going to happen for you. If they are good enough it would give them more chance to get back to the top level quicker.

Back
Top Bottom