Tottenham Hotspur Vs Wolverhampton Yam Yam Wanderers. (Sat 17th Feb 15:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

WTF is a low block anyway? I genuinely don't know.
Packing the final third and blocking passing channels and sitting there, generally intended to break quickly when the opportunity arises or attacking off set piece play, I think that’s a fair summary. Example being Wolves and a lot of Jose football.

Fuming yesterday, absolutely seething.

Woke up this morning and no longer give a solitary fuck about yesterdays game.

That's what this club does to you in the end.

The sad thing is, I bet most of the players woke up and are already over it.

We just don't have a winners mentality

Fuck. I’ve just realised I’m meant to be having Sunday lunch with my brother in law and he is a gooner. Fuck he is going to be all chipper and want to talk football. Fuck fuck fuck.

Way i daw it yesterday. Frenetic and too aggressive going forward. When our press is broken panic stations at back. Needs better game management. Keep the ball possession or trick opponents with our tactics. Very black and white pur tactics. Need some balance at times.

My take from being at yesterday’s game was yet again, we never seem to seize the opportunity to grab hold of a game from the start and dominate the play, particularly against these so called “lesser sides”. I don’t think Wolves fans were hoping for much because up until they scored you wouldn’t have known they were there.

But, on what’s becoming a theme, we start so slowly, strolling around passing side to side and generally being quite sloppy in our passing, it’s like the energy levels of fallen off a cliff. This in turn saps the energy levels from the crowd and the atmosphere becomes flat, that transfers back to the players and heigh ho, we’ve just gone full circle.

Appreciate Udogie and Porro were missing but the overall absence of both tempo, crisp forward passing and decent movement off the ball was awful to watch. There’s a real lack of movement from the front three and it’s clear to see Bissouma and Madders are off the pace and Sonny just hugging that touchline for the majority of the game simply didn’t work. Also, I noticed a lot of our players were getting knocked off the ball very easily. Sometimes it was fouls not given by Taylor, but generally we need to be a lot stronger on the ball at times and not roll over so easily. Wasn’t good to see that.

I know some are saying opposition teams have worked us out but I’m not sure I believe that. In my opinion, we are simply not playing with the same energy levels, the tempo, the forward passing and indeed the nous that we were using earlier in the season. Yesterday, we didn’t show any of that.

I got a ticket for the Palace game, so hope Ange uses these two weeks to claw back something from earlier in the season. I really don’t want to sit through another version of yesterday’s game.

How much and how many players have we just purchased in attack? Piss poor recruitment. Did anyone really think Johnson and Werner coming on were gonna be game changers!
Yeah I don’t think our windows were as good as many believe. Still a lot of work to do. Time to get improvements on the starting 11 rather than “yeah they’re decent”. We Need at least 3 new attacking players. We are meant to be careful with ££ but the price forest got for Johnson. Levy got levy’d.

Thought Ange got the subs wrong. None of the 3 coming off had been very good but he had to leave Richy on as he's our only genuine box CF who anticipates crosses coming and can head them in.

We ended up with 3 pace merchants who all like the ball into space to run onto - against a team parking the bus - it didn't make any sense.

At the end of games when we're chasing it we were only gonna end up slinging in crosses and removed the only player who was likely to get on the end of them.

Obviously missed the FBs too but a lot of players had a bad game all at the same time. Thought Wolves parked their bus effectively enough but we lacked patience and guile, not helped by a crowd also lacking patience.

We need better forward players.

I think us and ange have been sussed out at this point. We have some great individual players that can win us games at times but often the football is predictable and like today with a bit of a tactical shuffle (if teams don't set up narrow in the first place) teams can quite easily nullify our threat. It wouldn't kill us to make a slight shift for 15 minutes where the wide players come in 5 yards and the full backs stay wide and give the opposition something else to think about about and have a degree of flexibility about us and create doubt in the opposition's mind about what we might attempt to do.
Not according to Ange do we have individual players who can win us games. Basically I think say not one player who can win us a game on their own. Strange that he should say that now. If that is what he thought in June /July Aug then why did he want Johnson rather than a player who can beat a man from a standing position or with a bit of magic?

A lot has been made of the second goal, but that is the type of goal you will concede when you’re chasing a game and the opposition of bus parking, much bigger problem for me is the utter incompetence of the first goal we conceded, just real schoolboy defending from a routine set piece lumped straight into the middle. We allow one of their players to pull two of our players away from their marker.

Not been very impressed with our set pieces for or against this season and I wish we hadn’t got rid of the guy we had last year.

WE learnt NOTHING after the away game v Wolves.

...& also - why dnt we have a sh00ting strategy since they all camped in their Box.. pot shot from the edge of the box. Mason is the offensive Coach??

Do we not have players who can shoot?
Besides Royal - who took a shot on target \?
How has mason maintained a job as attacking g coach. What skills and experience does he have. I bet he never had an interview for it. What master stokes has he pulled out to make us more attacking and lethal? You have to wonder sometimes how people at football clubs get jobs. Nothing like the real world.

Back
Top Bottom