Tottenham Hotspur Vs Wolverhampton Yam Yam Wanderers. (Sat 17th Feb 15:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So cloning our first XI is the solution? That's going to make the wage bill a little interesting
That first 11 has struggled as well it’s not like have blown teams away. We got lucky in a few of those games. Also this nonsense people keep spouting after we win games playing crap that it’s a sign of a good team. No it is not! It’s bollocks. If your top of the league or in a title race it’s ok now and then but generally not a good sign.

Bissouma the key in playing out under press, they didn’t do that. Maddison a bit disappointing, but it’s hard against a compressed bus park, but we can’t just rely on midfielders to create. Our forwards contribute so little creatively, that’s where we need to improve massively.
Yes said it many times. Look at dippers midfield yday endo, Mac and jones. Where is the star quality in there especially v Brentford. However I bet they ran , pressed and worked their socks off so that their attacking players could do the business. Our midfield on paper looks better however the forward line is miles worse bar Son. Put their front 3 in our team and see us fly. Also they work hard as well. Bar richi yday our attacking players are lazy. Can you really say any of them put in a shift?

How much and how many players have we just purchased in attack? Piss poor recruitment. Did anyone really think Johnson and Werner coming on were gonna be game changers!

We shouldn't have loaned Werner - it's fine to have one player like that on the bench, but you'll never need two.

We keep on getting into scenarios where we just don't have enough ball playing players on the pitch - you can't carry Richarlison, Werner, Johnson and Son - they all need others to create chances for them.

PL teams (coaches and players) are superior to those leagues in Australia, Japan & Scotland. Once they understand Ange’s system, they will learn how to nullify it (as has been the case on several occasions already this season).

Ange has to have a plan B and maybe a plan C too, especially when we are missing players that fit his plan A.
Thing is what is plan A? Lots of teams attack in the PL dippers, goons, citeh, villa, Brighton it’s not like are the only team trying to play attacking football. Last week showed that Brighton can play better possession based attacking football than we can. None of them play with this inverted FBs stuff which basically congrats the midfield and leaves acres of space in the wide areas. Watching the gane from behind the goals you could all day long how much space we were leaving Neto. Does our coaching team with all those poweloints and diagrams not realise this and tell players watch Neto. Don’t give him one cm head start. To me the whole defencive plan if there is in is basically rely on VDV to rescue us. I really don’t see anything h else otherwise why would we for 90 mins let Neto basically have the freedom of the park.

We shouldn't have loaned Werner - it's fine to have one player like that on the bench, but you'll never need two.

We keep on getting into scenarios where we just don't have enough ball playing players on the pitch - you can't carry Richarlison, Werner, Johnson and Son - they all need others to create chances for them.
Add kulu to that list. Thats why I found it strange Ange left kulu on. Should have replaced him with gio.

I'm glad you raised the issue of sending in some crosses to Richy. I haven't seen MOTD and i have limited knowledge of football tactics, but it seemed to me in the final third, we were passing it around way too often, in a very narrow corridor.

Richy is very good in the air.
Why not exploit that ?

I'm genuinely interested in what I am missing here.
Because Kulu has no right foot and Emerson is so scared of crossing the ball. The only guy who can cross has been loaned out to Croatia who won't be coming back.

The other guy who can cross is Porro, who actually did very little in crossing as well when Kulu plays, because somehow he has to pass to Kulu in any case and not allow to cross. Then actually when he did, he actually created goal scoring opportunities. Still, it's like he's forbidden to do that.

Really? Maybe you should contact Ange and his team of top, highly paid coaches, physios, doctors, et al and tell them how they're going wrong. I'm sure they'll really appreciate it.
Well may be should tell them hey wolves have a very dangerous fast wide player so may be don’t let him lots of space to run into?

Couldn’t bring myself to write yesterday. Since Ange arrived its worst we have played. Just hope it was only a blip.
And for those of you saying we just ‘got lucky’ in other games fuck off. We dominated in those other games. We supposedly got lucky against Liverpool for instance because they had a goal disallowed. Klopp dictating the narrative to be all about that and totally ignoring we were the best team even before their player got sent off. Against Woolwich we were miles better. All a saw after that game was loads of gooners shitting themselves and relieved because they knew they’d seen a better team that day. We got it wrong yesterday. That’s all

Saw someone mentioned in this forum and reminded me that Mason is our attacking coach. Perhaps we should upgrade on our coaches as well. Surely Mason is not one who has the experience yet to really tackle our attacking limpness? It's so one-dimensional it shows his lack of understanding of the game at his current age.

ONeill yesterday at press conference. We know how tottenham play. Sometimes in football you have to trick opponents in how you play. Could have sat back or probed in midfield ratger being ultra frenetic getting forward. Should have let them have a spell dominating game then hit them on break. We need to mix it up at times. Game management.
Should tried some cross field switch of plays or balls over the top. We go in that u curve passing from one side to the other. Where as a quick switch out to the flanks when wide play is in space would open things up quickly.

Couldn’t bring myself to write yesterday. Since Ange arrived its worst we have played. Just hope it was only a blip.
And for those of you saying we just ‘got lucky’ in other games fuck off. We dominated in those other games. We supposedly got lucky against Liverpool for instance because they had a goal disallowed. Klopp dictating the narrative to be all about that and totally ignoring we were the best team even before their player got sent off. Against Woolwich we were miles better. All a saw after that game was loads of gooners shitting themselves and relieved because they knew they’d seen a better team that day. We got it wrong yesterday. That’s all
We've "dominated" in almost every single game we've played this season. Dominating without an actual end product is pointless. Possession and passing for what?

I agree - hopefully it's a blip - and he's got two weeks to get it right for Palace with fitness and tactics. But this has been building for weeks.

Injuries and suspensions following Chelsea have curtailed our progress and momentum but we are showing a lack of inventiveness more than anything. That's worrying. When you have no ideas and are easy to play against you then drop points all get the shop and slide down the table.

We all laughed when it was said just weeks ago that United could catch us. Who's confident now?

WE learnt NOTHING after the away game v Wolves.

...& also - why dnt we have a sh00ting strategy since they all camped in their Box.. pot shot from the edge of the box. Mason is the offensive Coach??

Do we not have players who can shoot?
Besides Royal - who took a shot on target \?
From outside the box yesterday we had shots from Davies and madders that went over and three on target from Richy,Royal and Deki which the keeper pushed round the post. Sarr also had a complete miss kick from the edge of the box in the first half.
I agree we don’t shoot enough but we had 5 shots that we should be doing better with.

Like our style of play but must admit a bit concerned we dont have a plan b. However, was always a free hit season with ange. Next season is the test. A trophy at least or title tilt.
Not sure about a title tilt, just being asked to put teams like this away on a regular basis would be a start.
We are far too exposed, easily got through and utterly predictable, it's not working out as easily as it did in Scotland.
There you can dominate teams with, a more expansive game, because the quality isn't there to hurt you.
But getting beaten by wolves twice in a season is not fucking good enough.

Back
Top Bottom