Tottenham Hotspur Vs Wolverhampton Yam Yam Wanderers. (Sat 17th Feb 15:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Quoting hod goals and his current form misses the point, his overall play just isn't good enough and can be improved on
But the point of him is to score goals... which he HAS been doing recently...

You could argue that Vicario's form has dropped, as he's conceded plenty of goals in the last few games... Yet I wouldn't swap him out for Forster just yet, as he's still saving more than he let's in.

Richie is there to score goals... As long as he does, I don't care how he gets them, or whether his overall play should be overly scrutinised.

If he WASN'T scoring, then maybe you look at the bigger picture, but he's scored crucial match winning/point earning goals... which are, last time I looked, what counts!

Feel like Wolves are our bogey team. I'll be nervous for this one

Out of the last 15 times we have played them at home in the league we have beat them 6-1 and 5-2.

Shittest bogey team ever!
We went 70 something years not winning at anfield!!

Saturday will be like taking candy from a baby and then having a quickie with the baby’s hot mum.
Sofia-Vergara-green-dress-cleavage.gif

Last edited:
BYVRz3v.jpeg

Forster, Emerson, Davies, Dragusin, Skipp, Bentancur, Lo Celso, Kulusevski, Johnson
I think that team/line-up, but maybe Johnson for Werner, seeing as that's his more natural side.

The fact we now have Kulu/Johnson, and Son/Werner as wide options is a luxury we haven't had most of the season until last weekend...

Johnson & Son might be rewarded for their assist/ goal on Saturday with a start, but Kulu and Werner are none too shabby options to have from the bench... likewise any two from Biss, Bentancur or Sarr in CM.

HEADY DAYS for a SELECTION HEADACHE!

You could argue that Vicario's form has dropped, as he's conceded plenty of goals in the last few games... Yet I wouldn't swap him out for Forster just yet, as he's still saving more than he let's in.

Richie is there to score goals... As long as he does, I don't care how he gets them, or whether his overall play should be overly scrutinised.

If he WASN'T scoring, then maybe you look at the bigger picture, but he's scored crucial match winning/point earning goals... which are, last time I looked, what counts!

That isn't my point though, talking about his goals is one thing but look at his overall play his hold up play is inconsistent and bringing other players into the game is limited, if we are serious that's what we need to improve on if we are to make the next step as a team.

That isn't my point though, talking about his goals is one thing but look at his overall play his hold up play is inconsistent and bringing other players into the game is limited, if we are serious that's what we need to improve on if we are to make the next step as a team.
Fair enough...

I just want my striker to score goals... Which he has been doing.

No one apart from Kane is gonna do what Kane did ...

But Son+Richie (and a smattering of Kulu, Johnson or Werner) MIGHT just combine the creativity AND goalscoring that Kane brought to the team...

I think we're all realising just HOW many attacking roles Kane played in our team!!

That won't ever be matched by one player, it can only be attempted by two or three!

Son playing as a striker isn't just about beating the offside trap lol

Pacy forwards keep CB's guessing, they stretch defences which leaves space for the likes of Maddison/Udogie/Porro, what's more playing in the centre means you're more in the game so therefore if you're being marked tight it gives space to other players around the same area (Vast majority of our play goes through the middle)

I bet you that Brighton would have found it more difficult to press us if Son was playing because Van Hecke wouldn't dare have the confidence to leave Dunk 1on1 with Son, he could take liberties with Richy because that's not his game.

Anyway have always said that Son should be playing against teams that defends high up the pitch because CB's need to think about what's in behind them, Richy just doesn't offer the same threat he's more suited to low blocks.

Their CB's were pressing our 8/10 so the pace of our CF would have made zero difference to them. They took liberties with Richy as a CF because of pace? when?

More words and assumptions in your post than sense but it's boring so stick to your position if you want.
Either way, unless it's a tactical no-brainer, Richy will stay CF unless his form drops. And as smart as you are, I'd trust Ange to spot the tactical no-brainer of putting Son at CF and dropping Richy before you.

Their CB's were pressing our 8/10 so the pace of our CF would have made zero difference to them. They took liberties with Richy as a CF because of pace? when?

More words and assumptions in your post than sense but it's boring so stick to your position if you want.
Either way, unless it's a tactical no-brainer, Richy will stay CF unless his form drops. And as smart as you are, I'd trust Ange to spot the tactical no-brainer of putting Son at CF and dropping Richy before you.

No you're right, Van Hecke leaving a massive space in the back line had Son been there literally wouldn't have made any difference whatsoever. 🤦‍♀️

Hopefully we seen the return of Son as a striker against high lines.

Out of the last 5 times we have played them at home in the league we have beat them 6-1 and 5-2.

Saturday will be like taking candy from a baby and then having a quickie with the baby’s hot mum.
Is this info wrong then? Found it online - seems to back up my memory of things
01 Mar 2020Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton WanderersL2-3Premier League
27 Dec 2020Wolverhampton Wanderers v Tottenham HotspurD1-1Premier League
16 May 2021Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton WanderersW2-0Premier League
22 Aug 2021Wolverhampton Wanderers v Tottenham HotspurW0-1Premier League
22 Sep 2021Wolverhampton Wanderers v Tottenham HotspurW2-2League Cup
13 Feb 2022Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton WanderersL0-2Premier League
20 Aug 2022Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton WanderersW1-0Premier League
04 Mar 2023Wolverhampton Wanderers v Tottenham HotspurL1-0Premier League
11 Nov 2023Wolverhampton Wanderers v Tottenham HotspurL2-1Premier League

No the point of a striker is to help his TEAM score the most amount of goals possible. So yes, individual scoring is obviously correlated to team scoring, but If the chance creation is so focused on the striker and it takes away more chances from other players, it doesn’t help the team.

It’s too simple to say that the strikers only job is to score goals. More individual goals doesn’t always equal better.

That said, Richy has been good lately but won’t continue to score at this rate and he’s probably not good enough overall to give him a starting spot without competition. I’d like to see us purchase an established winger next year and rotate richy and son at CF.

Last edited:
Vic
Porro - Romero - VDV - Udogie
Sarr - Biss - Maddison
Kulu - Son - Richy/Werner

Let's get back to the team who were so good for us in the start of the season.

Move Richy to the wing or drop him for Werner.

Son as 9 and our best midfield to protect the ball ind the end is crucial

Nope, we’ll be keeping Richie at CF where he’s been on fire for us.

Son is great out wide.

Is this info wrong then? Found it online - seems to back up my memory of things
01 Mar 2020Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton WanderersL2-3Premier League
27 Dec 2020Wolverhampton Wanderers v Tottenham HotspurD1-1Premier League
16 May 2021Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton WanderersW2-0Premier League
22 Aug 2021Wolverhampton Wanderers v Tottenham HotspurW0-1Premier League
22 Sep 2021Wolverhampton Wanderers v Tottenham HotspurW2-2League Cup
13 Feb 2022Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton WanderersL0-2Premier League
20 Aug 2022Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton WanderersW1-0Premier League
04 Mar 2023Wolverhampton Wanderers v Tottenham HotspurL1-0Premier League
11 Nov 2023Wolverhampton Wanderers v Tottenham HotspurL2-1Premier League

Well I wasn’t including away games. Or cup games.

But I meant to type last x10 home league games.

But even that above shows we have won 4 of last 9. Hardly a bogey team.

Be amazed if they bother VDV and Romero. Walk in the park for our first choice CBs.

Keep Johnson and kulu on the bench. Just bcos BJ scored a goal in the 97th min doesn’t mean he warrants a start. Other top teams don’t automatically bring players just bcos they had one good moment as a sub. Let’s keep them hungry and instil attitude you have to do more to get into the starting 11. Play son richi and Werner who I think has shown he is willing to use his pace. Play him on the right and see what he can do.

Keep Johnson and kulu on the bench. Just bcos BJ scored a goal in the 97th min doesn’t mean he warrants a start. Other top teams don’t automatically bring players just bcos they had one good moment as a sub. Let’s keep them hungry and instil attitude you have to do more to get into the starting 11. Play son richi and Werner who I think has shown he is willing to use his pace. Play him on the right and see what he can do.

Werner did even less

Out of the last 5 times we have played them at home in the league we have beat them 6-1 and 5-2.

Name please and phone number if you have it....

Back
Top Bottom