January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sign up at least two prospects now ready for summer, Bardghji and Wharton for example. that seems realistic no?
Ok fair enough.

We were never gonna sign more than 2 prospects, but yeah that Wharton + a foreign kid would've been very pleasing business. My wishlist was a Wharton type + that SI Junior from Juve.

We have the money, think that Blackburn lad would've picked us over Palace any day, that Roony kid seems to love us too...don't think the Juve boy (despite his Chelsea connection) would've been tough to get done either...but for some unknown reason it's not happened.

Just gotta move on and hope it's not yet another case of the bosses leaving us a couple short to really fight for the title.

To be honest with you, I'm still not over that FA Cup exit and it'd have taken a very, very special transfer to help me swallow that one.

Ok fair enough.

We were never gonna sign more than 2 prospects, but yeah that Wharton + a foreign kid would've been very pleasing business. My wishlist was a Wharton type + that SI Junior from Juve.

We have the money, think that Blackburn lad would've picked us over Palace any day, that Roony kid seems to love us too...don't think the Juve boy (despite his Chelsea connection) would've been tough to get done either...but for some unknown reason it's not happened.

Just gotta move on and hope it's not yet another case of the bosses leaving us a couple short to really fight for the title.

To be honest with you, I'm still not over that FA Cup exit and it'd have taken a very, very special transfer to help me swallow that one.
How many players do you think we will need in the summer window, if we qualify for Europe?

It's the price we paid that makes me wince...50 mil could have bought a lot better...maybe even 2 better...bad piece of business imo
Let's be honest, he was never worth 50 mil. Forest robbed us blind, as did Lyon with Ndombele. Let's just hope the kid doesn't have the same Spurs career as the fat bastard.

I'm gonna give him a full season before I give up on him...heck, I'll even give him til this time next year. I don't mind a player not scoring or assisting, as long as he works his bollocks off. That's the main issue I have with him since he's joined...I just don't think he leaves it all out there.

But he's still a kid, deserves a chance to turn it round.

Of course, but we’re never buying that level of player in their prime.

Both easily pushing 100 million.

Agree.

There is no reason financially that we couldn't but that's Levynomics.

Still that Gyokeres is looking like a premium player now and he was cheap as chips 6 months ago.

We have a full scouting department that earn good money to find a Kvara or Leao type before they explode.

Anyone thinking an absolute Elite level player like Kane wouldn't adapt in any system for any team just hasn't watched him play.
The guy is as intelligent as he is talented. He would flourish in any system and any system would be lucky to have him.
It's quite frankly dumb to think he wouldn't work in a system. He's that good.

Surely no more incomings this week, got our business done early, wait until summer for the next activity.
If an opportunity to get a Timo type loan comes up, Levy will move in hours or minutes. To make a bid for a player we need more time, spend a week at least putting together an unofficial verbal offer.

Last edited:
I don’t hate it. We want transparency and consistency. This gives one of those
I predict, in the not too distant future, there will be a mass riot and a ref will get lynched.

Fans are so fucking unhappy with how long these morons take to get the decision wrong.
I wouldn't participate, but I could almost empathise with those that do.

The tool was never the issue, the technology is fantastic and fans + media + coaches/players were begging for it for friggin ages. Now it's here, because it's been so misused by clueless idiotic human dickwads, there was talks of scrapping it. But that's silly.

Refs explaining their calls live a la NFL is a great step. But it can't be the only one.
Fantastic tool? What the fuck

The tool was never the issue, the technology is fantastic and fans + media + coaches/players were begging for it for friggin ages. Now it's here, because it's been so misused by clueless idiotic human dickwads, there was talks of scrapping it. But that's silly.

Refs explaining their calls live a la NFL is a great step. But it can't be the only one.

This is how I see it as well.

Almost feel like the PGMOL would love VAR to get scrapped because it removes places for them to hide from how poor the actual officials and lawmakers are.

Back
Top Bottom