January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Okay don't take my word for it, use some common sense and a bit of critical thinking for a change.

Why do you think he's out the door?
Physician, heal thyself.
Why do you think Ange puts him in the squad and used him in 3 of our last 4 games?
How do you know he is out of the door?

Why does Ange want him around?
Why has he used him him in 3 of our last 4 games?

Missing Perisic (now gone)
Missing Son
Missing Solomon
Werner only here for the last 2 of those games.
Missing Maddison so Kulu not on the wing either.

.............get the idea yet?

Last edited:
Physician, heal thyself.
Why do you think Ange puts him in the squad and used him in 3 of our last 4 games?
How do you know he is out of the door?

Huh?

He's used him because we are low on numbers like I said, little 10 min cameos don't mean fuck all.

You must have missed the news that we're looking to offload him to Brighton.

Huh?

He's used him because we are low on numbers like I said, little 10 min cameos don't mean fuck all.

You must have missed the news that we're looking to offload him to Brighton.
Thanks for answering your own question.
There is no news about Brighton. There is a rumour.
If it is a loan with no obligation to buy I would be surprised if THFC let it happen.

Sign up at least two prospects now ready for summer, Bardghji and Wharton for example. that seems realistic no?

When you say "ready" for summer; you're talking about 2 players that could very well have found themselves back out on loan by the end of pre-season.

.........Then you'd just be banging on about how we should have shown ambition and bought the finished article.

Thanks for answering your own question.
There is no news about Brighton. There is a rumour.
If it is a loan with no obligation to buy I would be surprised if THFC let it happen.

So if he was used if we're low on numbers we don't need him, Son is back in a couple of weeks and Werner was bought into replace him, suspect Solomon will be back soon as well.

Since the summer we've signed the following attackers:

Johnson - 50m
Veliz - 13m
Maddison - 40m
Solomon - Free
Werner - Loan
+ We have the 2nd highest scorer in the league.
+ We have the joint 7th highest scorer in the league.

No attempt has been made to replace Kane though.

So, which one on your list do you consider the 'Kane Replacement " ? 🤡

Last edited:
As I said before, our new style of football is what replaced Kane. Which is actually better than having Kane, because you are not relying on one player to get you goals. They come from all over, which makes it more difficult for teams to contain.
As if we’d somehow be worse if we had Kane up front in this exact system instead of Richarlison lol. Arguing that Ange’s system is better than having Kane is a false equivalence. Stop blaming Kane for being an amazing player with shit managers around him the past few years.

Ange’s system with Kane would be the ideal.

The guy bagged 4 goals in a preseason game. We’d be flying attack wise with him in the team.

Back
Top Bottom