FA Cup 4th Round - Man City [H] - Friday 26 Jan 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Eugh it was a bad draw but I’m so fucking fed up of “next year”

Chelsea on their worst season in recent memory even manage to blag a final

We’re cursed

Don’t feel cursed at all this season. Amount of shit that went against this team and they still found ways to win.

I feel fucking blessed with talent, mentally strong players and a great manager.

We played shit and lost but who gives a Fuck what Chelsea do. They can win that cup but they are still shit and will need another billion to get any better. Cursed would be paying big money to be the running joke of the league every week in that shitty stadium.

We went to the league cup final under Mourinho, we still lost and so will the Chavs. I would back Liverpool all day long in that final as long as Salah is back fit for them.
We sacked mourinho before the cup final so weird example to pull

Fact is Chelsea stumble into yet another final whilst we still gaze forward into the infinite project .

I’m not even unhappy with where we are but it seems like us winning something needs divine intervention

When the media etc go on about our long wait for the trophy they really need to look no further than tonight
Knocked out again by oil financed cheating be it these middle Eastern criminals or the russian ones down the road .

Without the cheating of those 2 clubs we'd have a prem title, a league cup and probably an fa cup

We lost to Fulham in this seasons League cup. And Sheffield Utd in last seasons FA Cup!

We were never favourites (they are better than us and obviously very good) but in a one off cup game when you're at home it's never a free hit at all. Free hit is a game where you're up against a team nobody expects you to compete against, or you have a shit-load of injuries. The one at the Etihad? That was a free hit.

We were near full strength tonight. To limp away having had one shot all game is crap and deserves criticism, even if the wider picture is mostly positive.
Yeah us v them into perspective... Going on 2 night. Grealish is 3 rd choice down their left hand side. FFS !!!

When the media etc go on about our long wait for the trophy they really need to look no further than tonight
Knocked out again by oil financed cheating be it these middle Eastern criminals or the russian ones down the road .

Without the cheating of those 2 clubs we'd have a prem title, a league cup and probably an fa cup
We could've had better players without breaking FFP rules, but we have Go Carting, Beyonce and NFL instead. I'd honest rather have Oil Magnets pumping money into our squad than not break FFP rules and have the above. Too many get an orgasm because we the Richest Club and are happy with the past 20 years. Football is about Trophies not about all the "Trimmings".

Hmmm they weren't brilliant tonight...didn't need to be. We'd have lost to a fair few other (lesser) teams the way we 'tried' tonite.

Oh and City had no Haaland. No Stones. Didn't start Doku or KDB or Grealish.
Its just cope and excuses from our fanbase.
I agree, City were there for the taking tonight. I feel many other PL teams would have given them a lot more to worry about from an attacking perspective. We were utterly toothless.

We defended well, that's the only real positive. If you can take positives out of another trophy less season.

We were never favourites (they are better than us and obviously very good) but in a one off cup game when you're at home it's never a free hit at all. Free hit is a game where you're up against a team nobody expects you to compete against, or you have a shit-load of injuries. The one at the Etihad? That was a free hit.

We were near full strength tonight. To limp away having had one shot all game is crap and deserves criticism, even if the wider picture is mostly positive.
It deserves criticism

No hiding from that. The good thing about this manager and squad is that they won’t hide from that.

There is no shame in losing that game though. That’s just fucking melting

Don’t feel cursed at all this season. Amount of shit that went against this team and they still found ways to win.

I feel fucking blessed with talent, mentally strong players and a great manager.

We played shit and lost but who gives a Fuck what Chelsea do. They can win that cup but they are still shit and will need another billion to get any better. Cursed would be paying big money to be the running joke of the league every week in that shitty stadium.
Agreed
Fuck Chelsea
If that's were a woman,they could win the lottery,be the daughter of a pub owner and have massive tits and I would still detest the cunts.

Yeah i dont agree at all it was a free hit. We thought the cups might be more interesting this season as we had no Europe as thats been one of the main excuses over the years. We've been unlucky with the draws but gone out with a wimper in both. Doesnt mean i'm not happy about the trajectory, our football is generally a lot better, our signings our getting much better, we have a good manager that might stick around for a few seasons but i think its an.opportunity missed this season.

Well said. .Nobody should EVER consider any Tottenham Hotspur game a "free hit"
What a pathetic, wimpish, loser mentality.

Maidstone playing Ipswich is a free hit. The way some of our fans belittle or diminish our great Club is truly astonishing

Hmmm they weren't brilliant tonight...didn't need to be. We'd have lost to a fair few other (lesser) teams the way we 'tried' tonite.

But we didn't. We lost to the best team in the world without our main three starting central midfielders which includes our most creative player and our top goalscorer...

We all know our squad isn't good enough. And it showed today, big time. The strongest part of our team was our back five which we had fit and they were excellent.

Oh and City had no Haaland. No Stones. Didn't start Doku or KDB or Grealish.

Yet still fielded a team worth close to 400m....

Even if we looked at it as a free hit, what irks me is that we didn’t play like it. We clearly missed a fit Madders but even with the players we had, including our first choice fullbacks, Deki and Bentancur, I’m just disappointed we didn’t do better on the attacking front.

Is what it is.

When everyone's fit, three or four of those players in midfield and attack don't make the starting eleven for a reason.

Fuck it...
Just fuck it!!

I don't care that it was €IT¥ ...
Their money warps everything, they were League One not so long ago...
but now they're amazingly Treble Winners and 'Club World Champions'

...funny that... They were playing Gillingham a few years back... and now look...
How the Shitey have risen!

How does THAT just 'happen'?

...it's just a Shame we couldn't prove a point tonight that the just and honest can reign over crude corrupt, oil money...

Apparently it doesn't...
crude, corrupt oil money wins every time.

So now we know.

Shame is all...

Agreed
Fuck Chelsea
If that's were a woman,they could win the lottery,be the daughter of a pub owner and have massive tits and I would still detest the cunts.
Fake club
Empty trophies from cheating with oligarch money stolen from regular people in Russia.

Everything about modern era Chelsea is an embarrassing stain on English football like a piss dribble on a pair of jeans

Yes we did give 100%. We just don’t have enough quality like them yet but it’s coming. You add a fit madders,Sarr,Biss and Sonny to that and it’s different. Completely different.

This... The simple fact is that if you're going to beat THE BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD you need your best players and for them to be at their best.

All this bollocks being chatted about it being a "shameful" exit and lack of effort needs to fuck off.

We've run these cunts all the way TWICE in the last month or so....... The default disdain some of you hold for this club (whilst claiming to be supporters!) is frankly pathetic.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom