FA Cup 4th Round - Man City [H] - Friday 26 Jan 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nothing shameful about losing in the dying minutes against the most financially doped up, cheating football club in the history of football.

Plus we were missing Sarr, Bissouma, Son and for 75 minutes of the game, Maddison.
Money has eff all to do with tonight's result.

City care about the FA Cup. They came to win. They tried all game. They got the result they deserved.

We didn't give 100%. That's shameful.

Gutted but not surprised. I think with Son, Biss, Sarr and a fully fit Madders we'd be a hell of a lot more threatening up front than we were tonight.

I take solace in the fact that Manchester City are only where they are due to the fact that they were bought as a sports washing experiment, who has cheated their way to where they are today. Hence the 115 charges that have been issued.

They've always reminded me of the family of chavs who got lucky and won a shitload on the lottery. You've only got to look at Phil Fodens mum's behaviour to confirm it.

They don't deserve it, they don't know how to act when they're out in public and are despised by almost everyone they come across.

Let's face it. Whatever they've won in the last 15 years is tainted. They'll never have the respect of true football fans for buying all the success they've had.

Listen, sure it didnt come quite together tonight. Yes there is loads to improve on.

But the lads were fighting and werent afraid to stick to what they are working towards tactically. I saw no one being scared under the press. In time, it will all fall into place.

COYS and good night!

Everybody whining that we've been dumped out of the FA Cup by an 'oil doped' club to somehow justify yet another trophyless season .....
Remember. We were dumped out of the other cup competition at the FIRST hurdle by Fulham.
Whoever the manager. Whoever the opposition.... .We just don't win trophies with ENIC

Wind your neck in, you’re done.

Yep. I. Going to start watching League 2 Crawley Town.

Get as many tickets as you want. £17.

Where is the enjoyment in watching the same team (a financially doped, nation state team) win every trophy going every season?

Utterly pointless.
This is what's going to happen. People will get fed up and do something else. The financially doped teams have finally ruined everything and until the bollockless authorities step in and hand out relegation's nothing will change.

No Son was always going to be a killer for us tonight. As soon as the draw was made my heart sank. Added to that no Sarr, no Bissouma and no Madisson (glad he got some minutes in his legs but he was anonymous and I genuinely can't even remeber him touching the ball).

Under normal circumstances I'd have fancied our chances against them but I never did tonight. We competed well enough but never looked like scoring a goal all game.

Lets see what happens this second half of the season. Im confident we can string another long unbeaten run together and hopefully we won't have the rug pulled from under our feet this time. Let's see how close it takes us. Pretty close would be my guess.

Thought Richy was fantastic tonight, worked his fucking arse off and held the ball up brilliantly either winning a foul or keeping the ball.
Shame we had no midfield who could pass forwards to save their lives.
I agree, he works his socks off and he is an ok squad player (doubt he'd be happy with that) but he doesnt have the magic that we've been lucky to have as centre forward over the years. Not digging him out, he is what he is, a hard working, solid 15 goal a season striker butwho lacks real quality. If we want to win things we need a lot better and thats why we're being linked with strikers. As for tonight there were quite a few worse than him.

Let's just win the league then
db00718a-7191-46d8-b9bd-6e8697f13a65_text.gif

Was working so missed this. Thought 'ah well, expected to go out, no biggie' but then checked the stats and saw 1 shot and 0.27xG at HOME to City. That's embarrassingly stale shite, what the hell happened for us to be that ineffective?

Back
Top Bottom