@ Home vs. Manchester United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Vlad has been great as well as Super Jan
He didn't look all that special when he set off the mass panic in the penalty area in the first half...........
I do think he's a bargain, and has some style about him. It will be interesting to see him and Vertonghen playing in tandem - with their propensity for ball carrying the CMs are going to have to be very defence minded.

I have the hardest time on here keeping track of when Dawson is nailed on first 11, the rock that our team is built on, one of the most under-appreciated defenders in the league, and a true "body on the line" defender, and when he's a Championship-level, gaff-prone, glacially slow defender that is doesn't fit modern football, but decent as a fourth-string option

It is astounding how fickle football supporters are.

I have the hardest time on here keeping track of when Dawson is nailed on first 11, the rock that our team is built on, one of the most under-appreciated defenders in the league, and a true "body on the line" defender, and when he's a Championship-level, gaff-prone, glacially slow defender that is doesn't fit modern football, but decent as a fourth-string option

Supporters are fickle but I've never changed my opinion on Dawson, I prefer vlad...period.

When we win, he is the first option and when we lose/get battered the second one.

No - I'm explaining to you how Rose's return would affect the team balance.

?
you didn't need to - I already explained that I understood that. My point was that ..........I have explained this already, people were overhyping his potential return, and I don't think we are missing him quite as much as his imminent return might suggest.
And I was simply pointing out that you were quite happy to gas me for posting the BBC stat about Soldado's performance on Thursday, you however then use phrases about the "utter shitness" of other Spurs players.

In my opinion he has been throughout his career a slightly above average defender, who has on occasions maintained good form but overall defaulted back to error-prone performances and lapses in concentration which often set apart the good defenders from the great ones. He's been a good club servant and much like Defoe, history would be kind on him but true as fucking nuts - we need to improve on his position for the sake of the team and dare I say Chiriches would be this man. Not to mention we sold Caulker!

That is by no ways being 'fickle' about him - simply stating that continuous squad improvement is the only way to remain competitive against teams which turn over 4-times our wage budget and have won the Eastern lotto.

When we win, he is the first option and when we lose/get battered the second one.
That explanations kinda pointing out the obvious...
If utd scored a late winner u think everyone would be on here sucking off walker ? Or would they be talking shit about Rodney's assist and the losing the 50/50 chance that led to the penalty?

And I was simply pointing out that you were quite happy to gas me for posting the BBC stat about Soldado's performance on Thursday, you however then use phrases about the "utter shitness" of other Spurs players.
No - I simply found it bizarre that after a comfortable win on a plastic pitch in the arctic circle your very first post was one of fundamental negativity. At least Soldado has precedent of being a good-to-great footballer, whereas for some others, let's just say you can't polish a turd

No - I simply found it bizarre that after a comfortable win on a plastic pitch in the arctic circle your very first post was one of fundamental negativity. At least Soldado has precedent of being a good-to-great footballer, whereas for some others, let's just say you can't polish a turd
It was a fact.
Yours are simply opinions

A negative fact, mind you

You're right - shipping in 6 against Shitty never happened. Or Welbeck (!) walking past Dawson on Sunday
And that was all Dawsons fault was it? If you believe that the whole City result was down to Dawson, then you truly have no fundamental understanding of the game.
Welbeck got past Dawson using his turn of pace against Dawsons lack of it is hardly a shock, but it conveniently ignores all of the other fantastic work Dawson achieved in the remainder of the game.
You see what you want to see, because it bolsters your argument
Did Welbecks move result in a goal - no.
lloris - the wunderkind gave away a (harsh) penalty and Walker set Rooney up with a sitter, yet all you can do is roast your favourite sacrifice.

And that was all Dawsons fault was it?
No - as I mentioned in my very first post - our CBs have been poor for a while now (bar Chiriches who's had a few flashes of pure class (mostly going forward, worryingly enough)) - which is why Vertonghen returning to CB is of utmost importance at the moment, trying to shore things up - the very first point of this discussion.

At the end of the day - I believe Vertonghen to be a superior defender to Dawson and Rose's return would help materialise that in the starting line-up. If you think Dawson is doing well, this is where our discussion ends.

No - as I mentioned in my very first post - our CBs have been poor for a while now (bar Chiriches who's had a few flashes of pure class (mostly going forward, worryingly enough)) - which is why Vertonghen returning to CB is of utmost importance at the moment, trying to shore things up - the very first point of this discussion.

At the end of the day - I believe Vertonghen to be a superior defender to Dawson and Rose's return would help materialise that in the starting line-up. If you think Dawson is doing well, this is where our discussion ends.
He is what he is, no-one would ever put him up as the natural successor to Bobby Moore, but I certainly don't see him as the scapegoat for the city debacle, nor would I condemn his overall performance yesterday on the basis that welbeck got past him once, simply because he did far too much good work throughout the match, to be burned at the stake for that incident.
You polarise everything too much, and its where you expose your knowledge.

He is what he is, no-one would ever put him up as the natural successor to Bobby Moore, but I certainly don't see him as the scapegoat for the city debacle

He is not a scapegoat to anything, why do you insist on repeating that? Suggesting we've been poor defensively is hardly the Antichrist. Kaboul has been just as much to blame, Walker, etc.

The premise here implies we have a superior defender in his position who can improve the team, being made possible by Rose's return - that is all. Play the best 11, etc. - do you have comprehension difficulties?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom