@ Home vs. Manchester United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just got back from game. I have to say I was very apprehensive and even more so when I saw that Paulinho and Dembele were playing together. Hell, what do I know? The Spurs that I love showed up today, to a man we took the game to united.
Like what Dembele and Paulinho did today, they played more vertically and caused united many issues. Dembele was everywhere. Sandro was fantastic, he had his work cut out but was highly committed and his goal.....a contender for GOTM.
Lennon, where have you been all season?!! Constant theat and a great deffensive performance too.
Chadli, welcome to Tottenham. Seen glimpses of him with the limited minutes he has had this year but thought he was very solid today, great at keeping the ball, thought he linked well with Vertonghen and also was effective in tracking back too.
Walker, his influence is massive to this team. Haven't read this thread but I guess he is taking the heat for their first goal, whilst he will be disappointed I'm sure IMO questions should be asked why it got as far as him in the first place. Anyway, this guy is a constant threat and delivered one of the best crosses I have seen this season.
Soldado, put in a sound performance today. Linked up play very well. Should have scored, but given he hasn't had the practice this year I am not going to blame him.
Can't wait for Rose to come back, Dawson is killing us.
Crowd was great today, didn't expect that although we were quite after the first equaliser.
Once again we showed we are a better team than United and deserved a win today.

A truly spursy draw, if there can be such a thing. Super Sandro's goal was deserving of 3 pts, no thanks to our defence.

For me, Lennon on the teamsheet ahead of Andros every match.

Lennon looked absolutely gassed and wasn't much of a threat in the second half. Chadli completed more passes in the attacking third than Lennon ATTEMPTED total. Hell Townsend out passed Lennon in the final 1/3 in half the game time. Chadli is also one of the few reasons Valencia didn't completely tear us apart as his tracking back to aid Vertonghen led to multiple dispossesions.
Lennon also looked good tracking back but he didn't offer much beyond two soft shots and defense. Andros imemdiately put more balls in dangerous places than Lennon did all game.

I wish our fans would let AVB manage the fucking team and shut the fuck up with their negative shite, bunch of fuckn professional alkies. They don't know fuck all behind the decisions he makes or the reasoning behind them but yet feel justified in booing shit they don't agree with because somebody forced them to spend money on a ticket. Fucking CUNTS!!!

sandro.gif

Sandro is my hero

deserved to be the winner and should have been

Michael Dawson

A leader and a perfect option in the right fixtures (an inferior opponent)

But vs a quality side like United ? He is simply a bit in over his head which we saw today and last week.

I would fuck AVB off in a second if we could get R2Dour manager.

Imagine the post match interviews! So sweary it all gets bleeped.

"I don't want some johnny come lately facking robot at my football club trying to tell me what I should enjoy. Wanker's only been in six films. You think this club is known for some bullshit robot football. Fack off. R2D2 out. Too young, too shiny, too beepy and not English enough to understand premier league football. Should we just be satisfied with non-title winning robot football? Is this what our club deserves. I implore you to not accept this mediocrity. R2D2 out."- some Spurs fan after R2D2 loses the first preseason friendly in charge.

4-1-3-1-1

Sk_rmavbild_2013_11_28_kl_15_53_37.png

With Dembele working his ass off in both directions, Lamela possibly coming on for a starting Townsend or even Chadli (if he plays/does well tonight).

Never going to happen mind you, but that front 5... They could deliver goals.

Back
Top Bottom