@ Home vs. Manchester United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The only change I saw from us was the wingers being told to cross balls in. The reason we were able to play so fluidly was simply because Man United were attacking and we broke them down and had space to play.

the middle 3 made a big difference though and with Eriksen out I hope he sticks with it

first time them 3 have started a match together I believe

A few random post match thoughts.

Soldado looks like he needs a goal soon - his confidence is gone - he's not really working hard to get in position for the near post crosses either - which seems to be an attitude problem - he gets discouraged if the cross doesn't come in in the first phase.

Defoe is not bad - but he's hardly a prolific scorer either - at least in the premier league.
Kane time? Ade o'clock?

the middle 3 made a big difference though and with Eriksen out I hope he sticks with it

first time them 3 have started a match together I believe
Aye the choice of players there was due to injury though, the roles were that of before where it didn't click as well as it did today. I didn't realise how amazing Dembele and Sandro were together, since not seeing them play together for so long.

sandro.gif

Sandro is my hero

deserved to be the winner and should have been

I love Daws, but he just gets skinned and turned way too often.
He's a strange one, as yeah it scares me to death whenever in foot race or getting turned, but again when it comes to blocks, muscle, last ditch efforts he is the man - its tough, the Welbeck run was bad

Thought we generally played quite well, tailed off a bit in the last 30 mins though.

Defoe is absolutely terrible and we need to get rid ASAP, Soldado had a great game (ignore the 1 big miss, he played 3/4 gorgeous through balls which could've been finished), and Dawson once again proved he isn't cut out for us any more. Really love the guy but he's been awful these past few weeks and we'll be a lot better when Rose is back and we can get Vertonghen central again.

Sorry mate going to have to disagree with you here...
Dawson's lack of pace when letting welbeck best him was extremely evident...

i do agree that dawson lacks pace,
but i dont think his lack of pace was the problem with that situation

welbeck was just smart
faster feet wouldnt have made that big of a difference

Aye the choice of players there was due to injury though, the roles were that of before where it didn't click as well as it did today. I didn't realise how amazing Dembele and Sandro were together, since not seeing them play together for so long.

well he could've played Holtby or Siggy so he did have different options

I would like to see us play Eriksen off the left for awhile when he's back akin to how Modric used to play so he has abit more space and it would help him adjust to the league plus he's 2 footed and can whip in a great cross

well he could've played Holtby or Siggy so he did have different options

I would like to see us play Eriksen off the left for awhile when he's back akin to how Modric used to play so he has abit more space and it would help him adjust to the league plus he's 2 footed and can whip in a great cross
Wouldn't be a bad idea at all, doubt it would happen though.

Dean looked like he couldn't wait to give the Pen... I'm just surprised it took him an entire THREE minutes, and pissed off that Lloris gave him even a hint of ANYTHING to give!
It's not often we deserve to win against Man U, but today was one of them!

Atmosphere wise, a mild improvement, but come on, if we can't raise our support against Man U, then what's the point?
Nice to see you across the divide @ YidoBuckler YidoBuckler !!

Back
Top Bottom