@ Home vs. Manchester United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

we'll see when he gets back if he ever does, January is just around the corner after all and he's still nowhere to be seen with a mystery injury

brutal assessment of Walker though lol :gomes:
I couldn't think of another way to put it. Gomes could play a blinder for 89 minutes and then do something stupid that cost the team - but he didn't do it every game.

Ive had a similar conversation elsewhere. While I agree Rose isnt the messiah, I think his return will do a hell of a lot to balance the team.

Currently we play with very little natural width on the left and offer very little service.
With Rose returning (or any decent LB for that matter, the way Roses injury is going it might be a January buy!) we get:

An equivalent to Walkers role on the left
Crossing from the left
Overlapping players for Chadli/Sigurdsson to use
Between Walker and a LB we stretch teams across the pitch and hopefully create more space centrally
And of course Vertonghen back at CB

Rose isnt the messiah, but for being injured so long he is a very naughty boy!

For me his introduction helps right a lot of wrongs in the side by virtue of what he is, rather than who he is
agree with all of that - my comment was posted using a pad and the keyboards on those things are frustrating, so I wasn't inclined to be over effusive

I think in the cold hard light of day, the most annoying thing with yesterday (like Woolwich last season) was that they were there for the taking... arguably, the weakest Man Utd team to come to the Lane for a while, and we STILL couldn't beat them (mind you, that was true of Chelsea throughout the '90s, so it's nothing new there!)
We absolutely had them at one point after going a goal up (despite what Lawrenson thought) ...had we scored either of those chances (Soldado or Lennon's) then going 2/3 up would've put us in a very strong position going into the 2nd half... then again, Sandro's screamer might not have come about, as I imagine we'd have gone ultra defensive... and anyway, had he scored, then 4-0 at that point would've been plain ridiculous!!

Yes, Walker WAS at fault for the equaliser, but to be fair, had he not scored, then to go 0-1 down after dominating would've been SO Spursy... at LEAST it was 'only' the equaliser!

agree with all of that - my comment was posted using a pad and the keyboards on those things are frustrating, so I wasn't inclined to be over effusive

Ha! Fair enough!

I dont think anyone sees Rose as a top class player yet (some may see the potential) but I am a great believer in player types being as important as their actual quality - and a player of his style will have a huge impact on us IMHO.

I think in the cold hard light of day, the most annoying thing with yesterday (like Woolwich last season) was that they were there for the taking... arguably, the weakest Man Utd team to come to the Lane for a while, and we STILL couldn't beat them (mind you, that was true of Chelsea throughout the '90s, so it's nothing new there!)
We absolutely had them at one point after going a goal up (despite what Lawrenson thought) ...had we scored either of those chances (Soldado or Lennon's) then going 2/3 up would've put us in a very strong position going into the 2nd half... then again, Sandro's screamer might not have come about, as I imagine we'd have gone ultra defensive... and anyway, had he scored, then 4-0 at that point would've been plain ridiculous!!

Yes, Walker WAS at fault for the equaliser, but to be fair, had he not scored, then to go 0-1 down after dominating would've been SO Spursy... at LEAST it was 'only' the equaliser!

Story of our season isnt it? If, but.... We are sooooooooooo close to things being awesome and yet we find ourselves staring over the void all the time...

Supporters should be allowed to express themselves (especially with recent results) in whatever manner suits as long as the gesture does not fringe on racisum for example. Why not boo? AVB gets paid a lot of money to look after a team that supporters pay a lot of money to watch. The Y word, that can be seen as negative? I feel a bit of booing added to the atmosphere and the performance yesterday, let the players and AVB know how we feel.

Because they were booing a decision that they hadn't yet seen the results of............I bet the same twats would've cheered if Townsend had scored the winner.............except that was fucking unlikely after his introduction was treated so negatively

We had pretty much no chance of winning the game after that point, not because the substitution was bad but because the whole team lost all confidence because of the 'fans'

End of the day, a point was not much use to either team getting into 4th. I think getting into the top 4 is going to be the hardest test yet. We are 10 points behind the scum, so we have to either somehow make up these points and hope the scum fall apart or resign to the fact they are in the top 4 already and hope we finish above either the Chavs, City or Man U.

End of the day, a point was not much use to either team getting into 4th. I think getting into the top 4 is going to be the hardest test yet. We are 10 points behind the scum, so we have to either somehow make up these points and hope the scum fall apart or resign to the fact they are in the top 4 already and hope we finish above either the Chavs, City or Man U.

11 games to go over Christmas, lots of points to be dropped by the clubs above us.

Anyone else here dumbass Stan
images
more say we were booing Lennon when he went off (slash booing townsend for coming on)? Was pretty sure it was a 'shoot' chant for Kyle Walker because he had a free kick that just happened to be at the same time as the sub was made.

Because the balance of the team has fucked since he's been out
is THAT why we lost 6-0?
:)
I take your point - and dont disagree, and have said this in response to the other posters who picked me up on it. I get that he helps the shape of the team - but reading some peoples comments I get the impression that he is some deity coming to save us - and I don't think he is all that great as a left back.

I take your point - and dont disagree, and have said this in response to the other posters who picked me up on it. I get that he helps the shape of the team - but reading some peoples comments I get the impression that he is some deity coming to save us - and I don't think he is all that great as a left back.
It's not so much what he brings as a left back - but all to do with shifting Vertonghen back to his natural position of CB and shoring up the gaping hole of utter shitness that we have witnessed from our other CB's lately (bar Chiriches).

It's not so much what he brings as a left back - but all to do with shifting Vertonghen back to his natural position of CB and shoring up the gaping hole of utter shitness that we have witnessed from our other CB's lately (bar Chiriches).
Vlad has been great as well as Super Jan

Am I right in thinking we let United have the ball yesterday and sat back so when we won the ball back (in our half) we could counter attack them. Our play wasn't all about pushing as high as we can and suffocating/stiffleing the play limiting the space to create something from. Is this why for the first time our attacks looked more threatening, I am not talking about the number of shots here, I'm talking about the opportunities we created looked genuinely good ones as opposed to weak efforts from outside the box.

Or were United responsible for this?

I dont know about that, either way, but would say its the best way to play against a Moyes side.

He WANTS to sit deep, suffocate and hit on the break. Sitting off his team works in your favour more.

Giggsy hasn't scored more goals against any other PL opposition other than spurs.

He is also yet to score this season to keep his record going of scoring in every PL year. So you just know he will score. I've had a fiver on him anytime.

I also had a tenner on 2-2. Got a feeling we will take the lead, they go 2-1 up and we get a late equaliser.

Well just about spot on weren't I!

Back
Top Bottom