The Race For 7th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Must admit I’m looking down not up at this stage of the season. A lot of football to be played. What’s the next 3 points do??

So it’s nice to be able to build a bit of a gap between yourselves and the teams below.

What is not that mental is we are just 1 point off top spot
(And to think city had a 100% record till yesterday).

Or that we are only 4 points in front of West Ham in 7th. .
Or that we have almost twice as many points as Man Utd in 10th.

It’s the fact we are only 2 points ahead of Brighton in 6th place.
And Brighton could have been joint top if they hadn’t got annihilated by Villa yesterday.

Top of the league is super tight.
Teams at the bottom are proper shite.
bars-spitting-facts.gif

(And yes we sort of are in a race for 6th /7th)

Not all bad from team whose...
:cool:Keeper is a "cheap option";
:cool:Full-backs who are not full-backs but wing-backs and can't defend;
:cool: RCB who's too rash and a walking yellow/red card;
:cool:LCB whose too inexperienced to be a starter in the EPL;
:cool:DM is a flop (under Conte);
:cool:CM should have gone out on loan;
:cool:CAM is lazy and got an "attitude"
:cool:3 attackers who are not good enough
As you put it like that, you can see why people thought we'd be bottom half, or in a relegation fight.

:harrylol: :harrylol: :harrylol:

Just before the season started it was 'Spurs won't finish in the top half of the table now Kane has left - and its a 4/10 window'

Now just 2 months later it's 'I can't see Spurs challenging for the title but top 4 looks possible'

Fans eh ?

Just before the season started it was 'Spurs won't finish in the top half of the table now Kane has left - and its a 4/10 window'

Now just 2 months later it's 'I can't see Spurs challenging for the title but top 4 looks possible'

Fans eh ?

I'm still waiting for that slaughtering that Paul Merson has promised us

Let's all calm down and have moment of reflection.......

We're unbeaten after 7 games and we have 17 points. We're also one of two unbeaten teams so far..........

At the same time after 7 games last year .......

We were unbeaten after 7 games and we had 17 points. We were also one of the only two unbeaten teams so far..........

Not saying this for a downer, merely that an entire season is a hell of a long time and this is very very early days.

But I like what I see.

We're unbeaten after 7 games and we have 17 points. We're also one of two unbeaten teams so far..........

We were unbeaten after 7 games and we had 17 points. We were also one of the only two unbeaten teams so far..........

Not saying this for a downer, merely that an entire season is a hell of a long time and this is very very early days.

But I like what I see.
Equally some teams playing crap now will probably play well as the season develops.
I think another city & Woolwich title fight with Liverpool probably the next best if they stop getting reds. Then 4th & 5th are there for the taking for us & the usual suspects. With maybe a villa type team nicking it. Even United could go on a run & get top 5 as they are capable like last season when we said they rubbish.
But yeah I wouldn’t get too up or down after just 6 games.

Yeah exactly.

I’ve seen the table and we are two points of 6th. One loss we could be closer to West Ham than 1st.

You do realise that yes??
You do realise that the exact same thing applies to Man City as well right?

They're only 3 points off 6th. I guess if they lose they're in a top 6 race all of a sudden.

The reason we're that close to 6th is because we're only 7 games in, so obviously we'll be that close points wise to teams in those positions. Every single team is.

But I like what I see.

Compared with the corresponding fixtures last season we are much better off.

Our opening 7 games last season were;
H​
Southampton​
A​
Chelsea​
H​
Wolves​
A​
Notts Forest​
A​
West Ham​
H​
Fulham​
H​
Leicester​

Compared with the corresponding fixtures last season we are much better off.

Our opening 7 games last season were;
H​
Southampton​
A​
Chelsea​
H​
Wolves​
A​
Notts Forest​
A​
West Ham​
H​
Fulham​
H​
Leicester​
I'm not saying we're not better off.

The quality of football we're watching is better than anything we've seen in the last 4 years.

But let's just keep our feet on the ground eh?

You do realise that the exact same thing applies to Man City as well right?

They're only 3 points off 6th. I guess if they lose they're in a top 6 race all of a sudden.

The reason we're that close to 6th is because we're only 7 games in, so obviously we'll be that close points wise to teams in those positions. Every single team is.

you’re a bit stupid aren’t you.

I'm not saying we're not better off.

The quality of football we're watching is better than anything we've seen in the last 4 years.

But let's just keep our feet on the ground eh?

No, enjoy the highs and I get tired of people trying to police people's emotions.

Our manager even said that it's okay for fans to go OTT and dream

Talking us up is fine as far as I'm concerned...I'm good as long as they don't change the thread title :sneaky:

Back
Top Bottom