Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

WTF is going on in this thread?

Are people not allowed to be excited for a new attacking manager (which we all wanted after Conte) without being brow beaten for being "part of the problem"?

Christ on a bike. Where is the joy in dragging others down?

You've hit the nail on the head. Some miserable people cannot stand when others don't want to share their in their misery.

Bringing others down is literally the only joy they get

So apparently Ange was bigging up Dane Scarlett in his press conference, I wonder if that means he'll be on the bench for today's match vs United?

So apparently Ange was bigging up Dane Scarlett in his press conference, I wonder if that means he'll be on the bench for today's match vs United?
Needs to be really, if Son gets subbed or picks up a knock you have no one else to take over from Richie

The better we play, the less toxic it gets on here as the usual suspects tend to lay low until the next loss or bit of bad news.

You notice it on match days - a win and some people are nowhere to be seen, loss and they're out with posts in their droves. It why I tend not to look on here for a bit after a loss.

Settles down a bit when the transfer window is shut too.

Hopefully Ange can get us on an upward curve and we can all be 'happy clappers' together!

The happy clappers are MIA whenever we're losing, and the cynics are MIA when we're winning.

Balanced and fair. As things should be.

Celtic was never outplayed in any of their games, other than Madrid away.
They still finished bottom in their group you utter clown, so at the end of the day no one gives a fucking shit whether they dominated 51% of the possession against Real fucking Madrid or not, unless you’re a Postecoglou fanboy and you think this is some sort of achievement.

Fucking Sheriff Tiraspol beat Real Madrid in UCL group stages, that’s a bigger achievement than having some shots on goals and still end up losing 5-1.

Last edited:
They still finished bottom in their group you utter clown, so at the end of the day no one gives a fucking shit whether they dominated 51% of the possession against Real fucking Madrid or not.

They lost 8-1 to them on aggregate. Nobody should expect Celtic to do well vs Madrid but I dunno why people keep referencing them having reasonable periods of the game as some sort of evidence in Ange's favour.

Madrid likely barely even got out of fourth gear anyway. They never do in the groups. As if at any point they cared that Celtic had a bit of the ball.

It's been ok. I dunno how anyone could mark it a very good. Feels like we've done the absolute bare minimum whilst losing our star player.

It's just *shrug*.
Aye. We've 'sort of' addressed our CB requirements, but not nearly to the level that we all recognise was required.

We've brought in one of the buys of the season in Maddison, so that's absolutely a plus.

We've lost Kane, and the jury is out on both Richarlison and Son ATM. The same with Scarlett.

Aside from midfield, where I think we have a nice mix of players, we're awfully light at either end of the pitch regarding back up should we suffer injury or suspension.

I have faith in AP. I should do as I've been banging his drum since before he was appointed, but the club haven't done enough to alleviate the difficulties he's going to face.

Still, we have 2 weeks of the window left to turn it around, so I'm keeping my powder dry until the window is closed and we see where we end up.

I couldn't give a shit about nett spend or 'winning' the transfer window. I'm an advocate of having the club run responsibly, from a financial perspective, because I've seen what irresponsible management did to us. However, there's responsible and there's fearful, and I see a little too much of the latter ATM, which I think is a carry over from the recruitment clusterfucks over the last 4-5 years.

Very good? Really? Why?

It’s an OK at best
Considering we cashed in on our best player who regularly contributed 30 goals a season, and still haven't sourced an adequate replacement, I'd call it shocking as things stands. Scandalous, even.
Honestly, I just read someone rated it very good, and spat a mouthful of morning tea over the old dog sat next to me.
I wonder if our rivals would look at our business and think "wow....we need to watch out for Spurs next season"......Of course they fucking wouldn't...
They'll be loving Levy more with every passing day.

Considering we cashed in on our best player who regularly contributed 30 goals a season, and still haven't sourced an adequate replacement, I'd call it shocking as things stands. Scandalous, even.
Honestly, I just read someone rated it very good, and spat a mouthful of morning tea over the old dog sat next to me.
I wonder if our rivals would look at our business and think "wow....we need to watch out for Spurs next season"......Of course they fucking wouldn't...
They'll be loving Levy more with every passing day.

I am curious John. Straight up question.

What was it about Ange's presser that ticked you off ? The fact that he engaged them and didn't demean his employer after 1 game in charge ? The fact that he played the press to avoid scrutiny on players ?

This forum will show I have been in the Enic out camp for some time. Where you don't do yourself a favour is inflating every event to suit the Enic out agenda.

The managers presser was refreshing. By all accounts and the laughter in the room, even the journos enjoyed it.

What part of the presser formed your opinion that he is just a mouthpiece for Enic?

Im as pissed off as most here with the state of affairs over the past years, and have vented my angst at Levy. However you seem to want to inject Levy / Enic into everywhere, whether or not there is correlation.

Seems to me, you watched the presser looking for validation of your views, when in fact, it was just a press conference.

If you read the youtube comments on that presser, the vast majority aren't even Spurs fans.

Youd think he’s already won the quadruple the way some are carrying on. Proper bizarre. Its a bit embarrassing.

Slow your road, calm down a bit and get our heads down. Its gunna be a long fucking season.

I am curious John. Straight up question.

What was it about Ange's presser that ticked you off ? The fact that he engaged them and didn't demean his employer after 1 game in charge ? The fact that he played the press to avoid scrutiny on players ?

This forum will show I have been in the Enic out camp for some time. Where you don't do yourself a favour is inflating every event to suit the Enic out agenda.

The managers presser was refreshing. By all accounts and the laughter in the room, even the journos enjoyed it.

What part of the presser formed your opinion that he is just a mouthpiece for Enic?

Im as pissed off as most here with the state of affairs over the past years, and have vented my angst at Levy. However you seem to want to inject Levy / Enic into everywhere, whether or not there is correlation.

Seems to me, you watched the presser looking for validation of your views, when in fact, it was just a press conference.

When you have staunch Levy/ENIC outers saying this you know you've gone way too far.

WTF is going on in this thread?

Are people not allowed to be excited for a new attacking manager (which we all wanted after Conte) without being brow beaten for being "part of the problem"?

Christ on a bike. Where is the joy in dragging others down?

If your mood is brought down but what stranger posted online, then maybe you should stay off the internet.

Personally I'm worried by those that think we've done enough in this window and think some are getting a tad carried away.

I get the Antipodeans on here want Ange to succeed because he's one of 'your own', so bristle at any criticism or perceived negativity, but people are entitled to their opinions.

Yes, good football is important but so are results. To achieve good results on a consistent basis, we need more signings and hopefully Ange is on Levy's case.

Last edited:
Also, talk about managing Celtic should be on someone's bucket list, really not sure about that.

Forget Celtic, that's done. Focus on your new employer, your new club, mate.

Fuck Celtic, they'll be fine without you.

I get the Antipodeans on here want Ange to succeed because he's one of 'your own', so bristle at any criticism or perceived negativity, but people are entitled to their opinions.
Hopefully not just the Antipodeans want him to succeed. ;-)

Of course the whole Ange project is in its earliest stages, as you point out.

I think it’s fair to hope that he might crack on by unlocking some better performances from the existing players even without new signings. Except for some defenders perhaps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom