Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was finding it hard the last couple of years. Hard to motivate yourself to get up at 2-3am to watch the boring dross of Antonio and Jose.

2 months of Ange and not even a competitive match for points played yet and have found a renewed love for watching this club. Ange is the breath of fresh air the club has needed after the last 3 seasons.

I took that more as a reference to our previous manager, we know that Conte was more about his automations and control and the players had to fall in line and play the style he wanted to play whilst on the other hand Ange wants them to be brave on the ball and trust themselves with it.
I don't think Ange has the time or the inclination to dig out our previous manager.

What Ange wants is for the players to internalize the "we never stop" mentality. The rest will fall in place once they've done that.

I don't think Ange has the time or the inclination to dig out our previous manager.

What Ange wants is for the players to internalize the "we never stop" mentality. The rest will fall in place once they've done that.

He wasn't.

It wasn't meant as a dig, it was more of a reference to the fact they have a new playstyle and are doing the things that have been drummed into them.

I do wish some of the more partizan Ange-acolytes would cool it just a little bit..........

Over-hyping him does him or us no favours from the outside..... There's enough cunts out there willing us to fail each season as it is.

Let the guy get some tanglible progress under his belt before gassing off about title challenges FFS.

In all honesty, it's quite amazing. When was the last time a manager won over our fanbase this quickly? Never before? He was nowhere near the top 3, maybe 5, choices in the poll on here iirc.

Aided by the shitshow he follows, but still.
When he first came to Celtic we thought who the fuck is he. We then had to listen to loads of fans who knew about him saying "told you"

Guess what's coming ????

Everyone proclaiming their love for a manager that has yet to manage a competitive game for the club

Will be interesting to see if these declarations of love remain if we lose a couple of games

Everyone proclaiming their love for a manager that has yet to manage a competitive game for the club

Will be interesting to see if these declarations of love remain if we lose a couple of games
people just wanna watch football worth watching. would rather lose trying to play quick football than lose playing cuntys negatove shit with 3 CB's

I don't give a fuck about pre-sesson, so I generally swerve it. First game I watched was the Barca one tonight, and I really liked what I saw. Yes, the shit defenders cost us, but we are in the process of replacing them.

But the intensity of the team, pressing high, moving the ball quickly, it was really good. Most encouraging football I have seen from us since the Poch days, considering it was a lot of squad players who played this game.

Get Ange another centre half, keep Kane and we might shock a few this season.

Back
Top Bottom