Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In the End, with Levy, that is the most likely path. He however has a bit more support than most other managers enjoyed. I believe Levy knows his rope is getting shorter by the season. If he doesn't show some change, Fans will stand up against his Bullshit

He is also great at baiting Fans, this is maybe just Baiting season.
Most of our managers have been master baiters.

But does it? Does it really?

Does a multi-billionaire white knight step in to save us just because Kane leaves on a free? ENIC leave Tottenham when ENIC say so and no sooner. We're a million years away from the days when owners could be forced out because of the sheer size of the numbers involved now.
He hates spending money.

If Kane runs his contract down ENIC get fuck all help to replace him.

It makes their job harder and helps more people to see through the futility of their fucking 'projects'.

The club needs to be sold; not Harry Kane.

Nothing changes until that changes.

Helping Levy kick that can down the road are not the actions of someone who wants ENIC and Levy out.

Dagul is either incredibly naive or full of shit.

“Play and have fun”

Excited Season 3 GIF by The Office

After an exchange with Matt1882 earlier it did get me thinking about the similarities between this and Poch's first season.

Both seasons were coming off the back of terrible football, with massively bloated squads full of players with either bad attitudes or who were simply not good enough. Fanbase is seemingly at an all-time low and a new manager who is seemingly coming in to play a more attacking brand of football.

Poch didn't manage to get many players out the door in his first summer in charge, but by the end of the second, after a decent second half to the season, we offloaded a lot players.

I remember many conversations online and with mates who didn't like Poch, didn't think the football was ever going to click and some even wanted him gone after the first 10-15 games.

I think Aneg has had better signings this window than Poch's first but he had arguably a worse squad on the whole.

After an exchange with Matt1882 earlier it did get me thinking about the similarities between this and Poch's first season.

Both seasons were coming off the back of terrible football, with massively bloated squads full of players with either bad attitudes or who were simply not good enough. Fanbase is seemingly at an all-time low and a new manager who is seemingly coming in to play a more attacking brand of football.

Poch didn't manage to get many players out the door in his first summer in charge, but by the end of the second, after a decent second half to the season, we offloaded a lot players.

I remember many conversations online and with mates who didn't like Poch, didn't think the football was ever going to click and some even wanted him gone after the first 10-15 games.

I think Aneg has had better signings this window than Poch's first but he had arguably a worse squad on the whole.
I think the difference between Poch and Postecoglu were that Poch was very young and probably far less likely to "make a noise" as it were.
As he grew in to the role he visibly became more confident in speaking his mind. You'd think at nearer 60, Postecoglu got there at least a decade ago.
Fuck, he's Australian. Is there such a thing as a shy/quiet Australian?

I also think we had less poor players back then, just some with bad attitudes that weren't on board. They were more sellable than what we have now in some cases.
And lastly, not person specific, but the club is in a different place to then. Since Poch we've had 5 top 4 finishes, a champions league final. 2 title tilts, uncovered the best English striker of all time, moved into the best stadium in the world and built a go kart track.

We shouldn't really act the same way we did in 2014 IMO

We should honestly produce our own documentary for Spurs play.

Will it be club wank? Sure. But so was all or nothing.

I read somewhere a couple of weeks ago that there was a documentary crew following the team around on their pre season tour, whether it’s in-house produced or external I’m not sure

Back
Top Bottom