Return of the Poch

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

would you welcome poch back

• yes

Votes: 189 72.1%
  • no

Votes: 73 27.9%

• Total voters
Why do you keep posting that? It’s bullshit. Takes what he said out of context and misses out about 90% of it.

Clickbait bollocks for the masses.

(1st time i posted it actually)

What context is missing?

........I don't remember the full interview; but I remember disagreeing with him at the time.

Call me delusional but is Pochettino coming back finally the piece of jigsaw where we get it right and we actually start winning stuff? I can’t help but feel he is so desperate for this club to succeed and feels so frustrated with being so close, he will do everything in his power to succeed. He loves us and we love him. I honestly don’t want any other manager.
Delusional.
He won't be able to create what we once had. We have a ton of players to get rid of. Levy will trust him even less because he bought Nbelly and GLC. Add to this we have Paratici ruling transfers. He'd have to be very submissive if he wanted to be manager again.

It doesn't matter who comes in or back unless our recruitment improves dramatically it will be more or less the same carry on as before .Danny needs to stop his involvement with the football side and leave it to football people .

Fab has been here for 4 windows now.

What specific interference do you have in mind? ....Is there any evidence of it or is it just a by product of someone's imagination?

Delusional.
He won't be able to create what we once had. We have a ton of players to get rid of. Levy will trust him even less because he bought Nbelly and GLC. Add to this we have Paratici ruling transfers. He'd have to be very submissive if he wanted to be manager again.
If Poch comes back, its the equivalent of Levy admitting he made a huge mistake. He will give Poch more control than he ever had.

If Poch comes back, its the equivalent of Levy admitting he made a huge mistake. He will give Poch more control than he ever had.
I remember Levy saying in some sort of interview (on paper I think) that he regretted sacking and not backing Poch. Unless it's just something that I've got wrong in my head lol.

Fab has been here for 4 windows now.

What specific interference do you have in mind? ....Is there any evidence of it or is it just a by product of someone's imagination?
Want him to hire a manager then back with suitable signings not getting a guy like Conte knowing his record and how he operates paying him a huge wage and then bringing in players that the manager doesn't play or doesn't appear to suit .It's clear we need a manager who can work with some young lads and can coach others to get the best from then . Mourne and Conte are not the right fit for us . Levy has done some good on the buiness side but not on the playing side of things .

Want him to hire a manager then back with suitable signings not getting a guy like Conte knowing his record and how he operates paying him a huge wage and then bringing in players that the manager doesn't play or doesn't appear to suit .It's clear we need a manager who can work with some young lads and can coach others to get the best from then . Mourne and Conte are not the right fit for us . Levy has done some good on the buiness side but not on the playing side of things .

You completely failed to answer the question.

If only Levy wasn't such a control freak he could bring in a manager and then hand over the transfer budget to be used by the manager and football director only, then piss of and do something he actually understands.
Re. Poch being responsible for N'Dom and GLC didn't Poch go on record in a presser saying he wasn't responsible for transfers, in fact he did I recall it. So I detect the oderous stain of Levy on both of those. Also I seem to remember we were in for Bruno Fernandez and Levy moved his sights to GLC to save a shed load of money. Of course as always he didn't, it worked out way more expensive in the long run.
Levy needs to let go of anything football because he is the Mr Bean of the sport, until he does this misery will continue.

If only Levy wasn't such a control freak he could bring in a manager and then hand over the transfer budget to be used by the manager and football director only, then piss of and do something he actually understands.

We've had Fab 2 years now....

Where specifically has Levy interfered during his time here?

Re. Poch being responsible for N'Dom and GLC didn't Poch go on record in a presser saying he wasn't responsible for transfers, in fact he did I recall it. So I detect the oderous stain of Levy on both of those. Also I seem to remember we were in for Bruno Fernandez and Levy moved his sights to GLC to save a shed load of money. Of course as always he didn't, it worked out way more expensive in the long run.
Levy needs to let go of anything football because he is the Mr Bean of the sport, until he does this misery will continue.

They were his players..... Dig a few pages back (Sunday) if you're keen to explore that debate any further.

Doubt it. Levy knows appointing Poch would get the fans excited just enough to distract them for another few years. If anything Levy will double down on the penny pinching because he’ll know Poch can get results out of an average team thru his aggressive high press style and favouring cheap youth players and Poch’s willingness to “build” something for the future. Also he has the past 3 years of transfer failures to contend with.

We've had Fab 2 years now....

Where specifically has Levy interfered during his time here?

They were his players..... Dig a few pages back (Sunday) if you're keen to explore that debate any further.
Levy is a control freak and gets involved in everything, specifically sacking managers such as Poch when he'd performed well despite his own lack of backing, and most importantly Mourinho just before a cup final which likely cost us a trophy. Does that sound like a CEO who doesn't interfere? It's in his DNA I'm afraid he has to stick his little bald head into everything. Great at business lousy at anything football related. I also point you to our empty trophy cabinet, in my book the buck stops at the top, especially when even world class managers can't succeed under him, or the team arguably playing the finest football in Europe under Poch for 2-3 seasons wins bugger all.

As for Poch he openly said back in the day when the news was fresh and off the cuff at a presser that he does not get involved with transfers. I tend to believe him. No doubt he was reprimanded by the top brass for being so honest at the time. Or are you saying that Poch wanted the likes of Sissoko and N'Koudoo?

Levy is a control freak and gets involved in everything, specifically sacking managers such as Poch when he'd performed well despite his own lack of backing, and most importantly Mourinho just before a cup final which likely cost us a trophy. Does that sound like a CEO who doesn't interfere? It's in his DNA I'm afraid he has to stick his little bald head into everything. Great at business lousy at anything football related. I also point you to our empty trophy cabinet, in my book the buck stops at the top, especially when even world class managers can't succeed under him, or the team arguably playing the finest football in Europe under Poch for 2-3 seasons wins bugger all.

As for Poch he openly said back in the day when the news was fresh and off the cuff at a presser that he does not get involved with transfers. I tend to believe him. No doubt he was reprimanded by the top brass for being so honest at the time. Or are you saying that Poch wanted the likes of Sissoko and N'Koudoo?

It would have been quicker to just say "I don't know; I just don't like Levy"

But that would make for a boring forum wouldn't it? Just one sentence replies....but you're right I can't stand the little toe-rag lol.

Touche, but repetitive rants, name-calling and played-out conspiracy theories aren't the height of enthralling either......

.....Tho I sense that once you get all that off your chest we'll likely have some more interesting debates.

Touche, but repetitive rants, name-calling and played-out conspiracy theories aren't the height of enthralling either......

.....Tho I sense that once you get all that off your chest we'll likely have some more interesting debates.
I don't know, it adds a bit of spice to proceedings. I think most fans now resent being diddled for the highest tickets prices in the league for sweet F A in return. It's a con.

Back
Top Bottom