Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United. Sunday 19th Feb 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What is in Liverpool's favour is that they have to play everyone currently in the top five. Winning those will really swing it their way.
Getting to play Utd, Newcastle and especially US helps them. Having to play City and Arse is not in their favour though as Liverpool will not be going past those two on the table . It just basically means they have to play the top two sides where they are likely to drop points, while we on the other hand dont have to anymore.

Loving the new look, Mrs P.

jUuc98H.png
The scary thing is that I noticed that guy as he's the spitting image of my ex!

Getting to play Utd, Newcastle and especially US helps them. Having to play City and Arse is not in their favour though as Liverpool will not be going past those two on the table . It just basically means they have to play the top two sides where they are likely to drop points, while we on the other hand dont have to anymore.

With the fixtures we have left and the position we are currently in...... So long as we do the business elsewhere; even a draw is a valuable point vs NC, ManU, Chavs & Dippers.

A win at St James's would be massive though.

It absolutely helps them. The pressure that the Gooners and City will be under, Liverpool could be well placed to take advantage.

Got to say, I certainly didn't feel like never in doubt. I thought the first half was horrible. This is a really poor West Ham, struggling for form and confidence coached by a poor man's Conte, but we looked like a systemless mess, no idea how to move the ball around the pitch. So many times CB's looked up and had no option put to ping a ball at a forward with a man up his arse, or midfielders had the ball and the forwards were stood still next to a defender with Davies and Emerson reluctant to make a risky run.

The second half we had less of the ball and as a result looked more comfortable, and conversely they looked like us in the first half, forced to try and play and not being any good at it. Once we got that first goal, and they had to try and carry the game we started picking them off more and more, but even then we fucking bumbled away some great positions. We look utterly bereft of attacking quality.

I thought it was a game involving two teams lacking in confidence, coached in a very similar way, neither really want sustained possession, both are more comfortable mid/deep block and breaking, but neither team are even great at that right now, and have been found out tactically this season.
Yeah I was being a bit facetious with the never in doubt comment. Called a 0-0 after 20 minutes but did also think we may open them up second half once they tired.

I don't agree we're a systemless mess, it's hard playing against a team who defend deep with everyone behind the ball and we're a pragmatic side with a lack of creativity, also one of our few creatives is very much off form (Kulu). I could see how Rich was allowed inside into a 9 position at times with Kane dropping deeper so as to feed him and others. It didn't work very well due to a lack of space and quality and Davies isn't a WB by nature also but like you say we're low on confidence and needed to dig in and be compact initially.

Regarding without the ball I think every team defends better when they're set and chances present themselves more in transition for obvious reasons. I don't think players are instructed to cough the ball up either, just think we're not always very good at keeping it.

I think utterly bereft is a little bit OTT, Davies despite the first goal was pretty poor with his final ball and cross but how else could we rest Perisic? We still have Kane who's a class act and we need Kulu back on form, his confidence improved after the goal at least. Skipp and Rich will improve and hopefully Porro will settle.

Thought Romero played well, was violent but controlled and he does use the ball pretty well too. PEH also played well.

We were better second half, the first goal was a lovely thing, excellent ball from PEH, Davies played his part very well and nice finish from the main man. The second goal killed it and they may then have had more possession but the game was over.

Agree re confidence for both teams. We need to find some but it's slow steps at the moment. After Fulham, Preston and City it looked like it was coming back until the thumping v Leicester.

I think we'll see a very cautious approach now until season end. Chelsea will be a much tougher test despite their poor form. Might suit us in a way as they'll have more possession.

I think watching on TV was different to watching in the stadium.
They gave it a go for 15-20 minutes but then it was a 1 sided game. Should have had a penalty, a Richarlison goal and a Romero goal had a few inches gone our way.
They were more interested in keeping 8-10 men in/around their box.
It's hard to play great football when playing against such negative teams.

That's it.

Seems like people fail to use logic or any context when analysing these decisions, everyone's been talking about how close it was to the player or the fact that he was losing balance yet fail to even bring up the fact that the ball was on it's way to Kane and he most probably scores if not for the handball so why do we get punished for?
Because we're not Liverpool, or Utd, or Woolwich or any other Premier League "poster team "

60 mil for him was appalling business

Especially when considering all the weak spots in our squad that have gone unaddressed

So we get rid, and run Kane, Son and Kulu into the ground?

He's been injured, and has played five games some (i can't remember how many) as sub.

But you expect him to slip in to the first team and score for fun.

By the way he played just four games for Everton on the right, so he has been played out of position in some games.

Royal has been played out of position and has been castigated, then after a good run of games he is coming good, but with Richy fans who don't really understand the game just pile on.

Cut him some slack, look at his actual playing time and support him FFS.

Back
Top Bottom