Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United. Sunday 19th Feb 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bowen seems handy

But seems to be a bit off form this season - in 21/22, 12 goals and 10 assists (22 goal involvement) in 36 PL matches is elite performance.

This season 4 goals and 1 assist in 23 matches is not for a right winger - although Wham overall this season is performing badly so might not be entirely down to him.

It takes time for players and teams to adopt and implement a system and I don't think fans appreciate this, especially with less than great players. You were critical of Arteta's Woolwich for a couple of seasons at least. Remember when we beat them 2 years ago under Jose 2-0 at home? They were fucking hopeless against a poor Spurs side who spent the whole 2nd half giving them the ball back. Poch had better players and it still took two full seasons to get it nailed down. Klopp was the same. Conte hasn't had one yet, has had a load of shit going on and a world cup shoved in the middle of it.

I absolutely did not not see this season coming with Arteta. I thought he was another Roberto Martinez I n the making, all talk of good intentions, but without the ability to actually coach both directions football.

But unlike Arteta, Poch (who you could at least see his ethos at Southampton and intentions after a few months at Spurs), Conte isn’t an idiosyncratic, patience, project type coach. He’s the opposite.

For me, it’s not even been a stylistic issue this season. We’ve just been incoherent IMO. No discernible tactical approach. Which I struggle with even more than a clear pragmatic one.

Back
Top Bottom