Tottenham Hotspur vs Eintracht Frankfurt (CL) (12th Oct - 8pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What conspiracy? Conte didn’t want the player. The club did. He agreed because he knew little about him but hasn’t rated him since. That’s it.

Now we’re stuck starting, to quote our dearly departed forum member..

“a fraud gooner maggot’
He could still give spence a few minutes.?it’s not as if a gun is held to his syrup forcing him not to play him!

Quick account before I go to sleep. Blood pressure just returned to normal.
A game that we should have put to bed by half time and ended up biting our nails holding on for dear life.
Thought Hot Rod had a great game (I may be biased, but he always catches my eye!).
Harry and Sonny looked on top of their game, which made us look more 'at it' than we have done more recently. Sonny's second was just 'wow'.
Visibly held back when they had a player sent off - tickled me when we sang 'auf wiedersehen' as he trundled off. Sort of understand it with the schedule coming up.
Result the most important thing, but it would have been nice to stroll through, without having palpitations.
Night all x

The lady presenter on BT Sport nailed it, ''first 10 minutes and last 10 minuets poor, middle 70 minutes good.''

Disclaimer, I had 2 bottles of wine but she said something like that.
TTh e
The lady presenter on BT Sport nailed it, ''first 10 minutes and last 10 minuets poor, middle 70 minutes good.''

Disclaimer, I had 2 bottles of wine but she said something like that.
lady your refering to that said that was actually Hoddle.

Confidence wise we seem extremely fragile , a 3-1 4-1 and we’d be going into the next game full of confidence but I’m not so sure now .

Just before their 2nd , if you can rewatch it , there is a close up of our defense just before the corner & it looks like sheer panic , pointing in all angles , you could feel a goal was coming

Conte and his team must learn from this

We are in a great position now to win the group and avoid Bayern, PSG, Real which gives us a good chance of the last 8. Anything can happen then

for me felt it started to go wrong when Skipp can on , he was trying to play on the right just seemed out of position, Frankfurt started to get passes right again not saying it was Skipps fault it was just then we started to lose control
this passing between the CH and RWB may work if we have PEH or Bent in midfield to offer themselves (giving 2 passing options midfield or back to CH) but giving RWB only 1 pass on back to CH is a concern

Not seen any remarks on this thread. We look good at times got the win end off what was needed. The point I do want to make after giving Emerson another chance it has to stop now the second goal they scored he made the mistake to give them a corner then off the corner it was his man who he was suppose to be marking scored he can't cross is lost what to do. Its embarrassing now. Loved Bryan Gill could be a really good player and character at the club. Gutted spence never got a few minutes when 3-1 up thought it was ideal to bring him on to run at them with 10 men really hope this kid is not thinking why have I come here. Bring on the Toffees.

Great play and some great performances.
But …
Very amateurish of the team and manager not to kill off the game. Except for a good save at the end by Hugo that could have so easily been a mere draw.
I hope this is carefully reviewed in training and they’ve all learnt from it.

Good performance for the majority of the match. The last 20mins of the game was really weird, so many subs from both teams kinda ruined the whole structure of the game which meant it was very chaotic especially with a lot of squad players on the field for us who haven't played too much together.

Son & Kane looked back to their usual selfs which is promising to see, once again Hojberg and Bentancur put in great performances and I don't think it's any coincidence that once Bentancur went off the game pretty much changed.

Good Champions League performance from Sess.

In general really happy, it's our first season back in the Champions League with not much recent experience and the fact we are top of a group with no real obvious rubbish team is good going. We have no right to just turn up and beat teams so credit to the team.

Do we win the group if:?

Spurs beat Sporting
Frankfurt beat Marseille

That would be:
Spurs 10
Frankfurt 7
Marseille 6
Sporting 6

Regardless of the last fixtures cause we’ve drawn and won against Frankfurt on head to head if Frankfurt beat Sporting in last game?

Confidence wise we seem extremely fragile , a 3-1 4-1 and we’d be going into the next game full of confidence but I’m not so sure now .

Just before their 2nd , if you can rewatch it , there is a close up of our defense just before the corner & it looks like sheer panic , pointing in all angles , you could feel a goal was coming

No Dier, Hojbjerg on the pitch to organise will do that to a defence

I think complacency set in last night from the red card onwards.... it was almost as if the fans, players, everyone thought it was 'job done'... and it really wasn't!
How often do you see a team going down to 10-men, already maybe losing on the night, just going for it as they literally have nothing to lose!
Frankfurt did that, and we almost let them finish the job!

Kane scores to make it 4-2 and it would have a totally different feel... but as it was, clinging on for dear life against 10 men, who almost coulda snatched a draw seems to have tarnished what was a decent hour of football (except for the first and final 15 minutes!!)
Then again, that's an entire third of the game that we didn't really perform/brainfarted our way through...
at least we did what we had to in the other 2/3rds of the game!!

We'd have all taken finishing the evening Top of the group beforehand... especially as after 15 mins we were actually bottom for a while!!

This group is tight as a Gnat's chuff, but it needn't have been!!

Back
Top Bottom