Woolwich Scumbags v Glorious Tottenham Hotspur (1st Oct - 12:30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Price we pay for having better players I s'pose.

All these lads they routinely wank over are sat scratching their asses whilst their countries compete in a WC.

...Even golden boy Saka will only play a bit part roll at best and 50m CB white can't even get in the squad.
Agree.

Some backwards logic worrying about a player like Martinelli getting to rest because our better player starts for Brazil.

What we will see:

Lloris
Romero - Dier - Lenglet
Emerson ------------------- Perisic
Hojberg -- Bentancur
Rich ----------- Kane ----------- Son
What I'd like to see:
Lloris
Romero - Dier -Lenglet
Doherty --------------- Perisic
Bissouma
Hojberg -- Bentancur
Kane -- Son​

So let's get this right. You want to drop Harry Kane?
Spurs second highest ever top scorer
Striker with the second highest number of London Derby goals
Striker with the most NLD goals
Who is on 6 goals out of 7 games in the PL this season

And you want him dropped. Good call. Gifted.

Only, I didn’t say it…

More, we are in a situation, that vitality is a must (especially Woolwich away), so would a vibrant, full of legs attack, maybe, be the play.

So, you want him never rested, is the tangential equivalent of your post.

The post was really, that the time is right to rotate, Harry very much part of that, for his and the teams sake.

Only, I didn’t say it…

More, we are in a situation, that vitality is a must (especially Woolwich away), so would a vibrant, full of legs attack, maybe, be the play.

The post was really, that the time is right to rotate, Harry very much part of that, for his and the teams sake.

Agreed but not against Woolwich

We need our strongest possible line up

They will get straight out of their traps for the first 30 mins
Clean sheet half time we win 2-0!

Only, I didn’t say it…

This reads like a Haiku with too many syllables.

What we will see:

Lloris
Romero - Dier - Lenglet
Emerson ------------------- Perisic
Hojberg -- Bentancur
Rich ----------- Kane ----------- Son
What I'd like to see:
Lloris
Romero - Dier -Lenglet
Doherty --------------- Perisic
Bissouma
Hojberg -- Bentancur
Kane -- Son​
You think he'll go with Richarlison over Kulusevski? I hope not, can definitely see it happening though.

Boils my piss when British people say/use the following, and it happens very frequently:

- Oriented rather than orientated
- Plow instead of plough
- Dove instead of dived
- Pronounce beta as “bayta”
- Pronounce omega as “oh-mayga”

Honestly that last one I even heard on a national TV advert selling some sort of Omega3 product. Made me feel sick. Did nobody edit/check before airing and say “hang on a minute mate, you’re English! Next you’ll be talking about sidewalks, elevators and faucets. Pronounce your words correctly!”

Now I’m fine with Americans having/using their own dialect, nothing against this at all, but protect our own fucking language will you.

Seems everyone learns English from YouTube these days, the English included.
Isn't the phrase "boil my piss" an Americanism. I bloody hate the phrase.

Only, I didn’t say it…

If he's fit and scoring he should play IMHO

Agreed but not against Woolwich

We need our strongest possible line up

They will get straight out of their traps for the first 30 mins
Clean sheet half time we win 2-0!

Well, if he'd play 35 minutes, I would not call it "rested".

For me there are two reasons why to consider not starting Kane -
- his tiredness and long run benefit to his form if he plays 35 instead of 95 min
- the very same reason you yourself pointed out - they will be out of their traps and for excactly that reason I would have Richie / Kulu on the field who could also be full of running and energy. Kane is magnificent player, but today he is not useful in terms of pressing and being counterforce for the team that would come all out with full energy. He is not as dynamic, he does not cover same amount of ground and his pressing is not same as it was.

Once more -I am not expecting Kane actually to be rotated for this one. And if he is not, I am 100% okay with this. Cause I also understand line of thinking that one simply does not leave Kane out, because of his lethal finishing and abilities.

I am just explaining why it would be interesting and maybe even benefitial.

There hasn't been an away win in the league since 2014. One is due, and I hope it's this weekend.

Let's not kid ourselves, they are playing well and scoring freely. We're playing ugly, but still winning. Son hitting a hatrick is perfect timing, and Kane being in form. I'd love us to start a midfield 3 and dominate that area, especially if Partey is injured as suggested.

Lloris
Romero - Dier - Lenglet
Doherty - Bentancur - Bissouma - Hojbjerg - Perisic
Son - Kane​

Back
Top Bottom