Woolwich Scumbags v Glorious Tottenham Hotspur (1st Oct - 12:30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reminder, this was our lineup last time at the Emirates:

Lloris
Tanganga, Sanchez, Dier, Reguilon
Hojbjerg Ndombele Dele
Lucas Kane Son

This time we'll have Romero, Lenglet, Perisic, Bentancur, Kulusevski and Conte. Plus options like Bissouma, Skipp and Richarlison to change it up.

Reminder, this was our lineup last time at the Emirates:

Lloris
Tanganga, Sanchez, Dier, Reguilon
Hojbjerg Ndombele Dele
Lucas Kane Son

This time we'll have Romero, Lenglet, Perisic, Bentancur, Kulusevski and Conte. Plus options like Bissouma, Skipp and Richarlison to change it up.
Jesus, shocking

They play much quicker and more direct than the perpetually boring Man City imo. I can see us winning, we have a much better chance than previous years but just as likely to lose if that makes sense. Both teams have firepower. I don’t think tradition has much bearing on this
I know what you mean game can go either way but it is a ground like a few others where we never win at quite a poor record considering that, for a while we have been the better side league wise.

Surely Davies has to start for this one, much stronger defender than lenglet appears to be so far.
We need to go for their throats not sit back and hope they don't score.

Lloris
Romero - Dier - Lenglet
Emerson - Hojbjerg - Bentancur - Perisic
Kulusevski - Son - Kane

Provided there's no injuries, I think this will be our team. . If we're playing 3-4-3 I think Sessegnon has a good case for starting.. been good for us in most big games over the last year, Perisic is great but I'd worry about him a touch in this one.

Certain players will need to be very careful as a red card will be itching to make an appearance.

On the lead up to the game you can guarantee that Light Bulb Boy will be mentioning the penalty and red card in the last game, many times in his pre-match interviews.

They will take the coward approach like they do every time we play them. Lets just hope they don't bottle it and try and cry off again.

Lloris
Romero - Dier - Lenglet
Emerson - Hojbjerg - Bentancur - Perisic
Kulusevski - Son - Kane

Provided there's no injuries, I think this will be our team. . If we're playing 3-4-3 I think Sessegnon has a good case for starting.. been good for us in most big games over the last year, Perisic is great but I'd worry about him a touch in this one.
Perisic's big game experience counts for a lot, but I agree that we might need to sacrifice him to beef up our defensive capabilities on the left if we play 343. If 352 with Bissouma, then I think we can play Perisic.

Perisic's big game experience counts for a lot, but I agree that we might need to sacrifice him to beef up our defensive capabilities on the left if we play 343. If 352 with Bissouma, then I think we can play Perisic.
Agree on that. Game could go either way, I could be very wrong, I just have a feeling that Saka's threat would be kept at bay a bit better by Sessegnon and he's more mobile defensive cover for Lenglet. Perisic just has so much more quality.

Back
Top Bottom