Tottenham Vs Fulham Saturday 3rd September 15:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought we were brilliant today

Some fantastic passages of play , the front three worked really well together

Just need to be far more clinical, we came within a lloris fingertip of blowing the points

Not winning today would have been a travesty

if conte actually went ---rich---kane---kulu

we would of been well out of sight today. we made hard work of that.
You say that, but Son did everything but score. He was running at the defence, creating changes and was unlucky not to score. His goal will come. He was an inch from scoring today.

Much better performance today. Shame we couldn’t have that lineup against West Ham. Post match entertainment was fun in the Shelf Side bar with the Voice of Spurs belting out songs to a lively crowd. I particularly liked his Champion League song to the tune of the theme music for Only Fools and Horses 🤣👏

How the game didn't end in a resounding win for us, I'll never know!
Best game I've seen for ages, lots of action, at least we did go for it. But we shouldn't have been hanging on for dear life at the end.
Difficult to pick out one individual as MOTM, as I thought everyone played their part today. Richie added an amazing energy up front, very unlucky for his goal to be chalked off. Then again, you can't forget Hugo's contribution - although he didn't have a lot to do Hugo made two stupendous saves at crucial times. PEH and Rod seem to work well together. Sonny was unlucky today, played much better.
I know the three points are the most important thing, but it was good to see an exciting game too.
Back again on Wednesday - the games will come thick and fast from now until November.

How the game didn't end in a resounding win for us, I'll never know!
Best game I've seen for ages, lots of action, at least we did go for it. But we shouldn't have been hanging on for dear life at the end.
Difficult to pick out one individual as MOTM, as I thought everyone played their part today. Richie added an amazing energy up front, very unlucky for his goal to be chalked off. Then again, you can't forget Hugo's contribution - although he didn't have a lot to do Hugo made two stupendous saves at crucial times. PEH and Rod seem to work well together. Sonny was unlucky today, played much better.
I know the three points are the most important thing, but it was good to see an exciting game too.
Back again on Wednesday - the games will come thick and fast from now until November.
Weirdly, and despite the fact that he nearly fouled up big time by dithering with the ball at his feet, as is his habit, I'd give MOTM to Hugo. 2 magnificently athletic saves (one from a massive deflection) prevented a deserved victory from being a dismal defeat.

But I agree with you - they all deserve it. Actually, forget that. I'd give it to PEH.

Good day today. No travel hitches. Quick hello with Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman , East Mid Yid East Mid Yid , Shades Shades and Legacy Lilywhite Legacy Lilywhite

Excellent seats, front row of south stand just to the east side of the goal.

Very good performance I thought. We absolutely smashed them 2-1. We looked sharp and focussed. Some great individual showings. Well deserving of the win.

Most surreal moment was seeing Bobby Decordova Reid (sp?), appearing out of the stadium and strolling down Worcester Avenue onto Northumberland Park dragging a travel case behind him. Got stopped only once by a Fulham fan for a pic.

So YOU'RE one of the cunts who spoils my view coming back to your seat 10 minutes into the 2nd half!

:wansum:
Absolutley not Old Boy !
Pet hate of mine.
If anything i was guilty of heading into the bar a little before the H/T whistle today, i was busting for a piss and a top up.

Absolutley not Old Boy !
Pet hate of mine.
If anything i was guilty of heading into the bar a little before the H/T whistle today, i was busting for a piss and a top up.
So YOU'RE one of those view-blocking dypsos who leave before the half time whistle because they're so desperate for alcohol that they can't wait in a queue, are you?

We did lots of things right today, moved better, moved the ball better, actually managed to look pretty coherent until the final third, and limited them to virtually nothing (Fulham XG 0.38), it was a travesty that we ended up with constricted sphincters last few minutes due to a combination of a poor defensive moment and bumbling away a plethora of great situations with poor final or penultimate actions. Everyone was guilty but Son was the biggest contributor. Good that he was far more involved today, but he made several poor decisions/executions that killed great situations.

It was a shame it was Kulusevski given the rest today not Son, because I feel he could have really punished Fulham, we had so much ball in good forward situations, his surer touch could have counted. Likewise Peresic instead of Sessegnon. There was some hay out there to make, and we left two good bal(l)ers out. Could have then brought Son on to run at tired legs.

Having two CB's who can play football made a huge difference to our ability to play out and construct patterns today. I hope we see Lenglet as a fixture now, he's a massive upgrade, and Conte's 2cm system really needs at least 2 CB's (the lateral two especially) who are comfortable with the ball and can step into midfield (this was the only justification for Bastoni, who's not a fabulous defender).

The goal we gave away was another really poor one. Romero has lots of likeable qualities, but his box defending at times can be less than great. Showing Mitrovic inside was a pretty basic error, he's never going too run you round the outside and I'm so sick of watching Dier retreat away from danger to stoically mark a huge piece of grass. Dier's mastered the art of risk averse defending.

After working so hard to get that second goal that would allow us to relax a little, conceding such a soft one was a real kick in the nuts.

Lots of decent individual efforts today, no one could be singled out as not putting in a decent shift in. Some did good things. Some bumbled. Thoroughly deserved the points, just a shame we ended up having to sweat them out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom