THFC vs Wigwam Athletic (AWAY)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

i don't understand why avb keeps insisting on playing naughton out of position when we have a perfectly good lb in the squad. even if he doesn't fancy bae, he surely must understand that a natural lb will do a better job as a lb than a rb? :avbcringe:

I understand your point. But as I keep pointing out BAE is completely and massively , ridiculously overrated by many Spurs fans. He's not in the top 6 LBs in the prem, and the other day someone on one site said he was better than Baines. Whaat, Baines is a class above BAE and then some. That's how deluded some Spurs fans are about BAE.

I understand your point. But as I keep pointing out BAE is completely and massively , ridiculously overrated by many Spurs fans. He's not in the top 6 LBs in the prem, and the other day someone on one site said he was better than Baines. Whaat, Baines is a class above BAE and then some. That's how deluded some Spurs fans are about BAE.

We finished 4th twice with BAE.

Your constant point about him not being top 6 PL left back (which is nonsense because he has been part of a top 5 team for the last three seasons) is about as relevant as saying "lets play Tom Carrol up front because JD isnt world class".

The fact is, while the window is shut, and Gallas and Kaboul injured, we have two choices at LB. Naughton and BAE, and BAE is better than Naughton.

Anything else doesnt matter one little bit.

Yeh your right, we need a scapegoat.

Well Jan appears to be stepping up to the plate......... He's a liability from set pieces and as for the second he made no attempt to block it.... Yes a good tackle near the end but.....

Never see Defoe and Dempsey in a Spurs shirt again. The scorers of two of our goals in our defeat of city last week, right. No need for all this knee jerking, thank fuck people who actually know and work in football aren't quite as trigger happy.

Well said. Some people are sooooo embarrassing. Worst of all sometimes I have to sit next to them. Stops me going to games I can tell you.

No one was up for it today. Frustating, our lot tried to get the atmosphere going, no one was having it.

Well said. Some people are sooooo embarrassing. Worst of all sometimes I have to sit next to them. Stops me going to games I can tell you.

Shouldn't let it stop you, need some positive voices in that stadium.

Watching through beer goggles today probably didn't help my analysis but even though we were dire at times we got a bit of luck and got a point against a team fighting for their careers and their families' future well-being. Not to mention a team that beat United and Woolwich around this time last season. Beat Southampton in a week and we'll still be in control of our own destiny.

Regardless I'm proud of this team after losing so many key players to battle and fight for results even when we play shit. Spurs teams of old caved. This team has a bit more guile than that. Just wish that guile was matched by match-winning capability from anybody not named Gareth. Really thought Hudd would score today. He played well against Southampton at St. Mary's, hope to see him involved again on Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom