Pre-Season 2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I always found it odd that people would prefer someone who runs around doing nothing over someone who doesn't run around as much but does stuff.

How's Clarke doing?

You can criticize him all you want, but "disinterested" should be the last word to describe him, if you ask me. He is doing a job for the team - playing in a double pivot in the second half. He wants the ball, he offers passing options from the back. He´s trying.

People should use the same standards for every player, but that clearly is not happening here.

Watch how many times he just flicks it on, instead of looking up to see where his teamates are and taking the time to make a proper pass. Watch how often he is standing still watching others rather than making an effort to get into a good position.

He is going through the motions rather than putting in an effort to help the team. I don't know how anyone can think he is putting in effort and if he is that is concerning because he is doing nothing out there.

Also what other players are not getting the same standard?

Much like other players here if this was a one off it wouldn't be a concern but this is the same issue he had last year as well.

And if Dele is too big of a prick to not take this seriously on work on improving and getting ready for the season then they should get him off and put somebody on who will work on getting ready for the season.

I'm not defending Dele's performances over the past year to 1 1/2 years. He hasn't been good enough for what we have needed, or at his potential.

That said, I couldn't really care less about preseason games. Aside from being able to get a better look at some of the youth/fringe players and helping the coaching staff try out some new things, they are generally meaningless.

I think the only players who take these games that seriously are the kids and fringe players who are vying for a place. For the typical starting 11, these games aren't too integral to them.

Back
Top Bottom