Spurs - Fulham (H)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I almost felt like disagreeing this post. Not everyone has the privilege of living in tottenham. Part of the clubs success is having global support. Alot of us fans are just as dedicated and buy the merchandise and preech the tottenham name. Alot of us global support have chosen spurs for various reasons. Manu is massive in oz because people are bandwagon fans who only support winners. My uncle has been a diehard for 25 years. I find it insulting you would say that. I dont get my info or opinion from skysports. I watch spurs every weekend and I even purchased sentanta for $130 a year to watch the. In europa. One day I will save the money to fly over with my uncle to watch them live but right now I will continue to watch week in week out the highs and lows that come with this club. I have played football football for 18 years and know my game.

If Carlito has taught you anything, it is that shouting a lot, calling people a cunt and getting even more angry when people point out just how wrong you are (see post 562) is what makes you "Spursy"

He is the only fan in the world that is loyal, club loving and let's be honest..... a "real" fan. Now jog on and get used to the fact that he knows best because he says "cunt" a lot. :adegrin:

The two Fulham matches this season have been such complete polar opposites. The away match was one of the highlights of the season: great support, great performance, having a laugh at Chelsea and Woolwich's demise, Defoe realising that placing it neatly PAST the keeper is a handy way of scoring a goal...

Oh, and I lost my stadium access card this morning so had to pay an extra £10.

For that.

5 years ago, you Internet cunts didn't exist. With your over analysis of every word....and complete denial of the facts based on what sky sports tell you.

That Adebayor "defence drawing" run against the scum told me all I need to know about you lot. People denying what they could see with their own eyes.....intercunts

Go to a fucking game. For fucks sake. Talk to your average fan about Defoe and Adebayor...

Jesus wept

i just don't know which post i have to quote with this

mwr3vb.jpg

I hate to sound pessimistic but if the unthinkable happens and we collapse I don't know what I'll do, three seasons of so nearly is too much. Mind that, wouldn't mind if we collapse 'IF' we win the Europa league.

You want Bale gone?

To have chance at keeping him a top 4 finish is required.

Someone posted Carlito shouted... I cannot hear him. It is possible his swearing takes on a muddled Julia Childs voice. "I boil African strikers till tender to the touch, be a dear anddo pass me that wonderful French machete." (You clueless cunt)

5 years ago, you Internet cunts didn't exist. With your over analysis of every word....and complete denial of the facts based on what sky sports tell you.

That Adebayor "defence drawing" run against the scum told me all I need to know about you lot. People denying what they could see with their own eyes.....intercunts

Go to a fucking game. For fucks sake. Talk to your average fan about Defoe and Adebayor...

Jesus wept

If your here, you care

Jesus wept
Technically speaking I'm pretty sure that eveyone here existed, either physically, literally or metaphorically.

You are right that the interweb give rise to unsubstantiated opinions and subjective views. And Sky is guilty of both hyping up and over-analyzing the minutiae.

But to suggest that your views are more valid than any one other person, belies the fact that no view based upon either one game or maybe even one season has any relevance whatsoever. And that includes your own.

Consequently your definition of 'average fan' is as blinkered and subjective as your opinions.

Of course the irony is that if you watch the same game from a different position in the stadium you can also end up with a different view of what each player brings, from which opinions are formed.

In my experience I have watched games from west stand lower in the corner with paxton and come away with different views to those in park lane on attacking / defensive players because of what I have seen from the same match. Similarly I have been in park lane and seen a different game to west stand corporates I know.

Doesn't mean either of us is wrong. Just that we have observed different things during the same 90 minutes.

it is somewhat ironic that if you don't like the opinions of those who don't go to games, the question has to be asked 'why are you on the interwebz?' nothing good could ever possibly come of it.

We lost, Fulham played well, you are right about some things wrong about others, suck it up, get over it and move on.

And please for the love of the baby J (other mythical deity's are also available), man the fuck up, ffs chill out and lol, you obnoxious penis head. :bae:

This is football you cunt. It's not about debate or intelligence...it's about passion.

You stay away cunts can die for all I care

Whilst I agree that debating every nuance of the game or knowing who played inside-left for Burnley in 1965 doesn't make football what it is, I have to say, the 'passion' of which it is all about was ALSO sadly lacking yesterday!
The first half crowd performance was abysmal, and I realise there are two schools of thought as to this Chicken & Egg debate; is it the players' responsibility to get the crowd going, or the crowd's duty AS SUPPORTERS to let the players know they are on their side, supporting for the entire game, and geeing up the players to PUT IN a decent performance if everything isn't going 'textbook perfectly' from the 1st minute? I'd say the latter...

The most positive thing about the 1st half, was that the half-time 'boo' wasn't as loud as I'd thought it would be... But boy some people made up for it at the end!

..and while I'm at it, 'Stand Up if you Hate ArseAnal' can fucking do one as far as I'm concerned! What a truly ridiculous way to show 'support' when our players needed it most!
The fact that got a couple of 'airings' whilst Oh when the Spurs.. Barely made the hand-clap speaks volumes!

WHL can be a wonderful place to be on matchdays sometimes, but it can so quickly turn to yesterday, you wonder if the players even WANT to play for us sometimes!

is it the players' responsibility to get the crowd going, or the crowd's duty AS SUPPORTERS to let the players know they are on their side, supporting for the entire game, and geeing up the players to PUT IN a decent performance if everything isn't going 'textbook perfectly' from the 1st minute? I'd say the latter..

I say its both.

Sometimes, the performance simply does'nt deserve any support. We know what these players are capable of, so when they refuse to shoot for 69 minutes, and play like they are walking in glue, its hard to find something to sing about. Fans are human too.

At the same time, when the fans are dead silent from the off, and the weight of expectation means that moans and groans are present after the first misplaced pass, then of course, the players will not feel great.

Maybe this week is the price of a long cup run playing the first team.

Personally, I blame Harry.

Our fans expect too much. Since we got Champions League half the ground thinks it's our god given right to get Champions League every season. Fuck it. It's a shit competition that has ruined our atmosphere. And the whole "I'll sing if I'm entertained" argument is a load of bollocks and embarrassing as fuck.

Back
Top Bottom