Spurs - Fulham (H)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whoah, you got both barrels!! I wouldn't bet against it being a one-odd!
It's the one bit of the ground I've never had the 'pleasure' of sitting in, but the stinking attitude up there doesn't surprise me one bit!

WHL really is turning into a microcosm of London... And people are starting to reflect that.
There are some great places to hang out, some places you wouldn't want to be seen dead in, and places you just stand out like a Tramp at a Royal Wedding!

Not been in that corner for a while I suppose, and it has always been quite 'quiet' up there. It just seemed to be a lot worse than I remember for this game. I don't go to that many games like I said and I don't string that many together so it's difficult to know what is just a bad day and what is the general mood of the crowd.

It was my girlfriends first Spurs game, I dragged her along even though she doesn't care about football really. That said, her last big match was the Porto Alegre derby (Internacionale v Gremio) a couple of years ago while she was on a work trip out there. Needless to say the contrast between the two events was quite stark.

:avbshock:

I brought my nephew along for his FIRST EVER SPURS GAME as a Birthday treat!

Did it all like a proper surprise, told him we were just going to the Spurs shop and to 'have a look around', then presented him with his ticket when we got there.... Got a picture of him and Brad during the warm-up, and even managed to get him involved doing the pre-match Flag waving thing around the pitch, all was going so well...
Then Soppy Spurs showed up and ruined everything!
No sense of occasion, ANY of them... They've probably put him off for life!

On the 'funny' side, it really was amusing to see all the 'grown-ups' (myself very much included) trying to keep their temper and language under control in the 'kids section', when presented with the shower of shit we had to endure for 90minutes!
It was most definitely an education, and exercise in restraint.... Which I won't be repeating for the remaining home games this season,.. It's Park Lane for me from now till May!

Spurs don't half know how to ruin a 9-year old's special day out! (bit like Jimmy Savile then!!)

I also lost my first Spurs game...

It's FUCKING character building!!!!! (I told him through my tears!)

images

First time I made it to the lane when I was old enough to really be passionate about it was when we lost 1-0 to Wednesday the year they were relegated. At the time in January they had the fewest points of any team ever in the PL era. Soul destroying.

Back
Top Bottom