Toro Rosso Leipzig vs Tottenham Hotspur (10/3/20) (20:00 ko)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Winks has had a shocking half. He's not really played well under Jose. He used to have a lot more composure on the ball.

We haven't played that bad to be fair. Silly mistakes have been the difference. Dele, Lamela and Moura have caused them problems.

The only ones worth keeping:
Lo Celso
Kane
Son
Lucas
Bergwijn

The ones I'm willing to give until next season to prove themselves;
Dier
Sessegnon
Tanganga
Ndombele (not sure about him though)
Lamela
Sanchez

All the others can fuck off. Even Hugo, who I've supported all the time here. Even Toby. Don't even get me started on Dele and Winks. Not good enough to be starters at Burnley, let alone at Tottenham fucking Hotspur. Fuck Levy. Fuck Poch. Fuck José. Fuck ENIC. They can stick the new shiny stadium up their arse. Give me mid-table and WHL back, at least then I didn't have any expectations...

Dele been ok tonight I thought...not saying much lolz

We are going to lose a couple of key players in the summer and be stranded in midtable mediocrity or worse next season. Why would any of the bigger players hang around this club right now? And who do we replace them with?
Who are the big players we have? They can go if they want to. We are a rich club, great stadium, a bald chief exec, American football, boxing, concerts and great ale. What else do you want!

Again...is that more important to you? But, again, I'm.talking about the now. I won an under 11s tennis competition once but I'm shit now. It's about the NOW and he isn't doing it for me. He's past it and stealing a living with a desperate London club...appalling choice and not a fan. Now fuck off.

Were you 17 when you won it?

Excellent for the first 10mins, goal scored against the run of play but since then they grew in confidence.

Leipzig have been absolutely brilliant in defence, they've dealt with everything we gave them, whilst we have been appalling defensively. With both of their goals scored by deep untracked runs through midfield and attacks built out wide.

They look like they are going to score every time they attack,

Would help if the ref did something about their tactical fouls they are sharing around the team, it's gone completly unnoticed.

We are ultimately paying the price of playing for a 0-0 in the first half.

Hard to put so much blame on Mourinho when he has so little to work with. Don’t think there’s any manager that could do much with what we currently have.

He could have at least attempted to match them for athleticism:

Tang-Toby-Sanchez-Verts
Dier-Skipp
Aurier-Dele-Sess
Lucas

Instead we look like a wheelchair basketball team out there.

What's that got to do with being unable to defend?
Park the Yacht

bond_10_years_Aviva.png

Hard to put so much blame on Mourinho when he has so little to work with. Don’t think there’s any manager that could do much with what we currently have.
Take a look at the leipzig manager. Jose is working with more than he is, sick of this excuse, what about Farke the Norwich manager, is he working with more than Jose, because they outplayed us at home last week.

Not good enough to be in the champions league, that's the harsh truth. Our CL run last season massively flattered us, our league form was a true indication of where we were at and it was a warning of things to come.

Our owners didn't heed that warning and supply the team with what it needed and now it's even worse, we're a fucking laughing stock thanks to ENIC and their penny pinching and it's going to be a LONG road back to another CL final and maybe even top 4 unless things change drastically this summer.

I fucking love Spurs and I want to see this club achieve big things in my lifetime, not just for me but for my son as well, some people seem more content with just having a fancy stadium and a nice day out, makes me sick.
Feels like time for a big change. I am hoping it will be new owners BUT its more likely to be no new strikers :levylol:

We are going to lose a couple of key players in the summer and be stranded in midtable mediocrity or worse next season. Why would any of the bigger players hang around this club right now? And who do we replace them with?
Well for starters they have contracts and we don’t have to sell them. It’s the following season I would start to worry. We have nobody left on a short contract that I care about losing.

Back
Top Bottom