Toro Rosso Leipzig vs Tottenham Hotspur (10/3/20) (20:00 ko)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

After this game we have :

Sunday 15 March v ManU (H)
Friday 20 March v Wham (H)

and then the international break with the next game on 4 April. So 5 days recovery between games - relatively a long time.

So the strongest side who are not tired against Leipzig, but tricky one to call after todays game and 120 minutes midweek......probably most of those who started on the bench today will start in the team v Leipzig , and given Bergwijn limped off today late in the match he's the one who gets a rest. Lamela almost certainly not fat enough for 90 minutes, Davies rumoured to be injured.

Lloris
Aurier, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Tanganga
Winks Dier
Moura, Lo Celso, Sessegnon
Dele​

Subs -
Gazzaniga, Vertonghen, Ndombele, Skipp, Gedson, Lamela Parrott

Any chance that José gives up on this shitty lets not concede tactic that we can't carry out? Lets get at them. Pretty much every team shits the bed when they are put under proper pressure. This is our last chance of glory this season. Let's fucking go for it.

0-8
Hugo x 7, Damiao x 1

After this game we have :

Sunday 15 March v ManU (H)
Friday 20 March v Wham (H)

and then the international break with the next game on 4 April. So 5 days recovery between games - relatively a long time.

So the strongest side who are not tired against Leipzig, but tricky one to call after todays game and 120 minutes midweek......probably most of those who started on the bench today will start in the team v Leipzig , and given Bergwijn limped off today late in the match he's the one who gets a rest. Lamela almost certainly not fat enough for 90 minutes, Davies rumoured to be injured.

Lloris
Aurier, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Tanganga
Winks Dier
Moura, Lo Celso, Sessegnon
Dele​

Subs -
Gazzaniga, Vertonghen, Ndombele, Skipp, Gedson, Lamela Parrott

What’s wrong with Davies?
Only just returned

Several twitter sources speculating possible hamstring......nothing confirmed that I know of.
I think Alistair Gold suggested this earlier too. So it's likely that's the cause. Either that or he's contracted COVID-19 and the club are trying to keep it quiet. Or Erik has introduced him to his surgeon?

We've probably got about a 10% chance of winning this game.

Not truly confident at all. After Jose's pretty much called out one of his own players, it gives us one less option in a team ravaged by injuries and tired players.

Lloris
Aurier - Sanchez - Alderweireld - Tanganga
Lo Celso - Dier - Winks
Lucas - Dele - Sessegnon*
Gulp.

If Lamela is fit, I'd have him in for Sessegnon but I can't see Bergwijn making this one.

Call me a deluded twat, I actually think being 0-1 down is better than 1-1 for us at this stage. No need to focus on getting a scrappy 2-2 draw or among the likes of that.

The fact that we need a win is naturally harder, but I think that we are going into this tie with everybody counting us out, is going to play to our advantage. We have nothing to lose, let's go out trying to be positive.
Deluded twat.

Probably looking at a 2-0 / 3-1 loss, but at least it's not unthinkable that we will go through, need at least a very solid performance and probably a fair dose of luck as well.

After watching today's game, I think JM has a good template for this match. The finishing 11 for today should be the starting lineup for RB, minus Sanchez . Maybe throw Davies in. I get a little confused about who plays where in our defence so throwing Davies's name up is food for thought. GLC, who in my opinion should be captain, really drove the team forward and even Dele woke up. I was hoping for a winner but with no strikers, it isn't easy. But there was suddenly an energy there that, as usual, wasn't in the 1st half. If we'd played like that for 90 minutes, we'd have won. Lloris is not a good skipper for us. You can see that just by the way he almost always rolls the ball out to the nearest player instead of trying to get some momentum by booting into the midfield,. It's one of the reasons for our consistently slow build up which allows the other team time to get in shape. Not a good way for us to play.
However, despite Hugo, I really think that if the team can get ramped up like today's 2nd half, we have a very real chance. Looking forward to seeing if they will deliver. They certainly have the ability. Now it's all down to attitude and guts.

Back
Top Bottom