Tottenham Hotspur Versus Redbull Leipzig 19/02/2010

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No again. I'm just fed up with underperforming. Always when we have a chance of getting ahead.

We have no Kane and no Son, what do you expect? As for underperforming, we are the 6th biggest team yet make multiple semi finals, consistent top 4s. I think you need a reality check as to who we are, where we are trying to get to and how difficult that whole process can be.

The Son injury makes the Champions League a free hit. Any team would struggle with two players of that quality injured, signings or not.

Good points.

Walked straight up to the bar in the Olive branch an hour before kick off and got served immediately.

Atmosphere was decent considering the game.

Meeting the usual reprobates in the Dispensary before the game.

Lo Celso.

Bad points.

Everything else.

Still an hour until I get home. Four hours kip then up for work. Definition of a fickle fan.
Nice to see you too :)

I think the commentators, reporters and media were out of order on us tonight, I think we showed decent levels, especially for the last hour or so of the game based on our circumstances. I completely get why he told that German reporter he wasn't answering his question because he was being out of order.
We were played off the park mate.

There is a strong argument to have if your team defends brilliantly, play like Atleti did last night against Liverpool and limit a good opponent to one shot. THIS deserves praise as it was the plan and it was carried out to perfection.

We failed miserably at attempting to do this. It was just lucky they were not out of sight 20mins into the game. Almost every game is like this, it relies on the oppo missing their chances.

I've only seen stuff Twitter from all the journo's I follow (NO CLICKBAIT) and I haven't read a single one that I disagree with, all reflect us being outplayed for 70mins which is the game I watched this evening.

I hate his incessant moaning, always have and now he's doing it with us.

We have no Kane and no Son, what do you expect? As for underperforming, we are the 6th biggest team yet make multiple semi finals, consistent top 4s. I think you need a reality check as to who we are, where we are trying to get to and how difficult that whole process can be.

The Son injury makes the Champions League a free hit. Any team would struggle with two players of that quality injured, signings or not.
No you need a reality check. If you seriously think this team and how it has been managed is 6th biggest team. And thinking we have not rode a whole bit of luck and still. You are a naive fan.

Played not to lose heavily and lost 1-0 ... if Moura could head the bloody thing we'd have come away with a draw or even a win, would have been undeserved but that's football.

That said we were very poor for forty minutes, why does it take half the game or conceding to get us going?

The tactics were clear, hang on for the first half then bring on attacking subs to try and steal the game, reasonable tactics but we just aren't playing well enough to execute ... still we had twelve shots on goal and with just a bit more composure we would have scored, that has to be encouraging for the return leg.

Player wise Davies looked like a player who has barely played in months, no surprise, the rest were all much the same making far to many mistakes. RB's stand out player was Gulacsi and that says something.

Overall very disappointing, we have the quality we just don't seem to be able to play from the kick-off not a Jose thing it was the same under Poch ... no idea what the answer is but Jose needs to find it fast.

One ray of hope ... we lost at home 1-0 to Ajax with very similar numbers as last night - we turned that around with no Kane or Lamela and a midfield of Wanyama and Sissoko - so anything is possible

Last edited:

There is a strong argument to have if your team defends brilliantly, play like Atleti did last night against Liverpool and limit a good opponent to one shot. THIS deserves praise as it was the plan and it was carried out to perfection.

We failed miserably at attempting to do this. It was just lucky they were not out of sight 20mins into the game. Almost every game is like this, it relies on the oppo missing their chances.

I've only seen stuff Twitter from all the journo's I follow (NO CLICKBAIT) and I haven't read a single one that I disagree with, all reflect us being outplayed for 70mins which is the game I watched this evening.

I hate his incessant moaning, always have and now he's doing it with us.

No Kane and no Son though Guids, I honestly don't see why so many people expected us to give them a seeing to when they are clearly a good team and had a whole days extra rest than we did after playing Sunday.

I think we did everything effort wise we could have hoped for. Do that on a regular basis from now until we get injuries back and I think we'll end up doing pretty well for the rest of the campaign.

Your bias is just screaming from that post "played off the park" we were second best, but 55-45% and 16 shots to 12 is not played off the park .... last night City played the Spammers 78-22% and 20 shots to 3 now that's played off the park.

We were outplayed by a very good side, but we hung in there and for the last 30 minutes were very arguably the better side, their keeper got MoM - why are you always with the hate?

No you need a reality check. If you seriously think this team and how it has been managed is 6th biggest team. And thinking we have not rode a whole bit of luck and still. You are a naive fan.

I'm a fan who has seen genuinely poor Spurs teams in my 36 years mate, this team is coming up short because of key injuries at the moment. Earlier in the season it was a struggle but we have found our way a little bit.

There's slating the team for underperforming and there's slating them because they cannot play with a striker due to injuries. I think criticising the boys tonight is hugely unfair but that's just how I see it lad

Old? I'm in my prime where i see things for what they are.

Haha let's see how it goes. 1-0 down it's still a cup tie well and truly alive. I've lived to see my fair share of comebacks who's to say this can't be one of them?

I said before the game that our focus is now the league and FA Cup. The Son injury writes one of our competitions off so let's just see how the lads do moving forward. It's a tough ask but if we didn't lose Sonny I think we'd have achieved our main goals this season, just how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom