Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Again you arent looking at context or remembering things right. I loved Moose, so I paid a lot more attention to what happened with him. Dembele was fit and ready and in an interview also said he is fit but not being picked by Poch. Poch was an idiot in his first season to pick donkeys like Mason ahead of him because he wanted to look like hes doing something amazing by promoting 'youf' and the 'one of our owns' even when the 'youf' was terrible. Its only in the summer when Dembele said if I dont play I leave that he got to play next season. And surprise surprise we were title challangers the next two seasons when Mason and Bentaleb played less and less and were gotten rid of and the cms were Dembele/Dier or Dembele/Wanyama. Mason went on to get relegated with his next club.

I think the penny might have finally dropped with Poch when we reached the cup final and he started Mason , got us 2-0 down in 30 minutes and then subbed in Dembele to save from an embarassing result .

I dont mind giving Ndombele more time, but its a little disingenous to say things like Moose played 90 minutes only 15 times when in reality he played full matches or close it more than twice that number in his first season with 3000+ minutes.

Mason got injured in January, never played again, never got relegated with Hull.

You are massively over critical of both Mason and Bentaleb. who did a good job for us - and were probably our best players in that cup final (the players that shouldn't have played were Townsend and Chadli) and it's not like we even got to a cup final with Dembele (losing qtr's and semi finals).

Mason was a decent footballer, with good energy who was also tenacious, I'd have him in this midfield ahead of donkeys like Dier and Sissoko all day long, lets not pretend the shit we've been watching in midfield for the last two years before this one has been any better than Mason and Bentaleb was.

Dembele of course was the best CM we’ve had since Modric left. After him there is no clear second best, as Mason, Bentaleb, Sissoko, Dier, Winks, and Wanyama have all had good and bad spells. What is clear is Tanguy has something special that none of the aforementioned players have, except Dembele. We’ll just have to wait and see if he can actually produce it consistently or end up mostly a flop like Pogba.

It's weird, I feel like I should care more about his lack of match fitness but he's so damned good when he is on the pitch that I forget about it.
:harryhmm:

Surely, barring any actual underlying medical problem, he'll get up to speed eventually?

Its just a stick to beat him with when he performs slightly under par.

When he was scoring goals against Villa and our best player at the Etihad, I don't really remember his fitness being questioned. Though I imagine that could be as it was at the beginning of the season.

I think it's probably coming more from those who haven't really seen him play before and were perhaps expecting double digits in goals and assists due to his price tag.

Its just a stick to beat him with when he performs slightly under par.

When he was scoring goals against Villa and our best player at the Etihad, I don't really remember his fitness being questioned. Though I imagine that could be as it was at the beginning of the season.

I think it's probably coming more from those who haven't really seen him play before and were perhaps expecting double digits in goals and assists due to his price tag.

Nah.....

The fitness thing is what it is. Doesn't mean those acknowledging it haven't seen a player in him on occasion..... The manger for instance.

I don't know why don't you ask JImmy Greaves
He went to AC Milan and due to culture, language, family and different playing style/training he couldn't settle.
He hated it and wanted to come home ASAP.

But I suppose he "weren't good enough" either ?
I thought we weren't going to name individuals as examples but you obviously couldn't help yourself. Not only that, but Greaves' time and eventual departure from AC Milan bares no resemblance to Ndombele's case. And you're still banging on about language and culture - which cultural aspects of Britain are you specifically thinking of that could in any way affect his performance on the pitch? As for language, Sergio Aguero can barely put two words of English together after 11 years in the UK... hardly affected his output has it?

I thought we weren't going to name individuals as examples but you obviously couldn't help yourself. Not only that, but Greaves' time and eventual departure from AC Milan bares no resemblance to Ndombele's case. And you're still banging on about language and culture - which cultural aspects of Britain are you specifically thinking of that could in any way affect his performance on the pitch? As for language, Sergio Aguero can barely put two words of English together after 11 years in the UK... hardly affected his output has it?
Ok, now I know you're trolling.

I'll put it as simply as I can.
Every person is different, some can settle quickly and others can take longer and some can't settle at all.

Ok.
Translation :
I can't argue with that so I'll stop debating.
You ignored everything I wrote in my previous post and retreated to your initial mantra of 'every person is different'.... nice one, showing Einstein levels of awareness there. What other examples of your genius will you bestow upon us next, people need oxygen to live, eventually everyone will die. Can't wait for the words of wisdom.

You ignored everything I wrote in my previous post and retreated to your initial mantra of 'every person is different'.... nice one, showing Einstein levels of awareness there. What other examples of your genius will you bestow upon us next, people need oxygen to live, eventually everyone will die. Can't wait for the words of wisdom.

The last resort of a desperate man, abuse. Oh well.

So, let's get back to your original post and I'll address what you said.

I wish that I was given the leeway a Premier League footballer receives, unlike in my actual occupation where you're expected to start productively from day one. Yes, joining a new company may mean adjusting to a different operational system and maybe the equipment is slightly different and there's new people to function along side, but Jesus, some of the excuses allowed to footballers for not performing anywhere near their ability is simply laughable.

You then used Aguero as an example of a player who came to the PL , hit the ground running, scored goals and was a hit straight away, to try and prove your point. TBF you're not wrong in using him as an example for players that "start productively from day one".

So, I assume that as you expect this from every player, that you would of binned Son off after his first year with us. He was playing shite, had no confidence, and he himself asked for a transfer because he wasn't playing anywhere near his ability. He had to be persuaded to stay and proved what a great player he actually is.

For every Aguero, there is a Son. Surely even you would admit that ?

Or have I misunderstood your point ?

It's weird, I feel like I should care more about his lack of match fitness but he's so damned good when he is on the pitch that I forget about it.
:harryhmm:

Surely, barring any actual underlying medical problem, he'll get up to speed eventually?

His lack of fitness or whatever is almost endearing.
Makes me cherish those moments he does play more.
If we got full 90s every week our dopamine receptors would be fried from his orgasmic abilities.

Mason got injured in January, never played again, never got relegated with Hull.

You are massively over critical of both Mason and Bentaleb. who did a good job for us - and were probably our best players in that cup final (the players that shouldn't have played were Townsend and Chadli) and it's not like we even got to a cup final with Dembele (losing qtr's and semi finals).

Mason was a decent footballer, with good energy who was also tenacious, I'd have him in this midfield ahead of donkeys like Dier and Sissoko all day long, lets not pretend the shit we've been watching in midfield for the last two years before this one has been any better than Mason and Bentaleb was.
Mason was a terrible footballer mate. Always in the wrong place and a headless chicken. He would lose players in midfield , panic and slide around like a maniac and had no clue of what to do with the ball except lump it forward aimlessly. He wasnt even half as useful as Sissoko or 15/16 Dier and definitely worse than Winks as well. He was hyped up by the 'one of our own' nutcases. Bentaleb was slightly more useful but just look at how his career is going as well.

Also we did get to the final of that cup with Dembele playing in the samis. In fact, we scored after he replaced Mason in the first leg. Also started the second leg, played for 2/3rds of that match too , we were up 2-0 then he goes off and we conceded 2 goals.

Hull were bottom of the table when Mason got injured and got relegate after. I remember that because some nutters were talking about how we miss Mason when were actually fighting at the top of the league and he was rotting at the bottom, which was quite stupid.

Back
Top Bottom