Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

18 months Will, not just one game. Psychologically he wasn’t prepared for the game as he was checked out already and had been a long time.

Plenty players run down their contracts but they keep focused, no problem with that.

Compare Ramsey to Eriksen.... He carried the scum during his final months.

Compare Ramsey to Eriksen.... He carried the scum during his final months.
Exactly. Despite Bales and Modric’s shithousery in the close season both had their best seasons with us in the last years. Eriksen on the other hand played his worst football... for reference Will, that’s running down your contract.

That's revisionist, and you know it.

To begin with the last point, he didn't "run down his contract" he fulfilled it. As far as we know he rebuffed multiple contract renewal offers and there were never any reports that he gave the club any indication he was going to renew his contract. It's fairly clear that he was very open about his desire to leave Spurs eventually, even on the day he signed his transfer deal he said so. If you feel Levy should have sold him sooner, that's a grievance that lay elsewhere. Eriksen did nothing wrong in playing for the club for the duration of his contract until sold.

Furthermore, your assertion that he basically downed tools the last 18 months because he didn't are anymore has zero factual basis.

Eriksen's PL career by season:

Matches Started: 27 (2), 37 (1), 33 (2), 36, 37, 30 (5), 10 (10)
Minutes: 1984, 3142, 2942, 3167, 3226, 2772, 1092
Goals: 7, 10, 6, 8, 10, 8, 2
Assists: 8, 2, 13, 15, 10, 12, 2

The thing about Eriksen is he has never significantly progressed. He arrived a very good and promising player, and he left a very good player who didn't live up to the high expectations we placed on him. There's a reason Barca, Bayern, and Madrid were never really interested. Over the past 18 months he's been the exact same player he's been for 7 years...occasionally brilliant, sometimes a match winner, but frustratingly not often enough.

You're blaming that on him wanting a move, but the reality is that he's always been that player. And if we'd managed to sign him for £180k/pw there'd be an uproar here about how he isn't worth that.
Revisionist? Nope, he was one of the best players in the league around 16/17/18. He’s always had the ability to go missing which is what probably stopped the big offers coming. Then his form started collapsing from summer 2018... when he publically started wishing himself away.

Stats might cover over from a distance but ask any season ticket holder what they think of Eriksen from Christmas 2018 onwards and you’ll get one answer.

The fact Mrs P has zero time for him now should tell you everything you need to know.

I always expected him to leave for free, no problem with that. But I expected him to be professional, which he was not, he was a waste of a shirt.

Last edited:
Eriksen fucked me off big time at the end, but after a bit of distance you'd have to be a shit Spurs fan not to love the guy for all the great moments he's given us. Years and years of them.

Hope Inter win the league, I'd be happy for the fella. Better him them than fucking Ronaldo.

Eriksen fucked me off big time at the end, but after a bit of distance you'd have to be a shit Spurs fan not to love the guy for all the great moments he's given us. Years and years of them.

Hope Inter win the league, I'd be happy for the fella. Better him them than fucking Ronaldo.
Fuck them both. I'd rather Lazio win it (I know about 2012 but I also have a relative who was saved by a Lazio fan so I still have a bit of a soft spot for them)

Wow, Spurs fans raging about Eriksen hitting the bar. Unforgivable them crossbar shots!

:levylol:

“Eriksen holdin back those 40 yard free kicks from us is unforgivable. This must be how Phil Schofield's wife feels.”

Fuck me, did Inter fans never watch him play for Spurs, even when we were beating them...

Capture.jpg

Eriksen...tackle.

:mourglasses:

Back
Top Bottom