Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

None of our other players have been labelled as world class or “our best player” (other than Kane who was injured). Eriksen is the one who wants trophies but can’t produce on the biggest stage? He didn’t do anything in the semi-finals either.
It feels a bit easy to blame it on Eriksen. Son is world class, Alderwiereld and Vertongen played 90 minutes in the world cup Semi finals 10 months earlier. Rose and Winks too. Im sure most of them was ranked as high or higher than Eriksen. And Lloris won the fucking gold. Not would class. Yeah right.

He gave us a lot the last 7 years but his little dig at us after he left has messed up any fond memories I really have for him. don't get me wrong, I defended this guy for a long time. i'm rooting for his downfall now. am I a prick for that?

Isn't that good? It means he hadn't just given up and played poorly for us on purpose, but like I mentioned earlier, is in the midst of a long vad spell. I also wrote anyone who thinks he will look different at Inter to begin with are naive.

New club, new League, new country, he needs to adjust and reset wich imo will take months.
I've been saying exactly the same thing for ages because his performances with Denmark have also been well below par, coinciding with the point at which he dropped off at Spurs. Where I differ is that I'm not convinced that, after nearly 18 months, he's ever actually going to recover the top form that made him one of Spurs' two most important players for years.

He gave us a lot the last 7 years but his little dig at us after he left has messed up any fond memories I really have for him. don't get me wrong, I defended this guy for a long time. i'm rooting for his downfall now. am I a prick for that?
Nope, not a prick. Even as a neutral, I find myself kinda wanting him to fail for some reason. I can't explain it. At least not easily.

Apparently he's also been mouthing off to the press about the Milan derby being better than the NLD or something too? That's what my (probably sensationalist) Google News headlines are telling me anyway.

I've been saying exactly the same thing for ages because his performances with Denmark have also been well below par, coinciding with the point at which he dropped off at Spurs. Where I differ is that I'm not convinced that, after nearly 18 months, he's ever actually going to recover the top form that made him one of Spurs' two most important players for years.
He has a lot of miles on a small frame so I don't think he'll really recover to his top form either, he's not the most athletic so i can see him regressing. Although, the italian league is probably a better fit for him, in that respect.

What he said about the fans is that in Italy, they are allowed to have more demonstrations and interactions as the players arrive to the stadium.

He was gash apart from that one kick. It was a stunner, to be fair, but it massively flatters him as a single highlight.
I noticed he did another little piece in the media post match... also with a not so sly dig at OUR lack of atmosphere and choreography... maybe be shoulda joined Palace???

However, the FUNNIEST bit was something he said about the free kick:
“At the start, I had thought of doing one of the free-kick routines we had studied, putting it into the crowd," the Denmark international said. "But then I saw Milan were defending very deep and we wouldn’t have much of a chance

I assume something was lost in translation, but it did make me chuckle, as (bar Norwich away) that's where MOST of his free kicks ended up in the final 12 months of his Spurs career....

I await the next thrilling instalment of 'sly Spurs digs in the media" from both Chris & Danny Rose at the weekend!

There's some logic to that.

BUT - He was a significant part of the team. BOTH managers selected him knowing exactly (one would assume in significantly greater detail than his public comments) his stance/intentions.

However, I have people who have worked for me that have expressed a desire to leave, if I value this person then I will do what I can to keep him. If I do not succeed then I will openly support him on their decision to move, I'll do this by allowing time off for interviews, making myself available for references and giving my help/coaching on their interview process. This is called an open culture and one that I think people thrive in, and if shit hits the fan and the job doesn't pan out there might be a possibility to rehire them. If it has worked out then I have a trusted individual in the wider market place that could be mutually beneficial further down the line. (admittedly in the usual workplace that 99.9% of us work in it's unheard of that someone sends an email informing their intentions to all employees, but as a boss, I welcome and encourage people to talk to me about what they want). The other fella who walks in and hands their notice in because they've got a new job will be thanked and shown the door as is fast as legally possible.

The guy that walks into my office and says they are leaving because they've got a new job will most likely be shown the door.

And I guess that's why people suck off Modric, Berba, Sherringham and Bale whilst they smacked their dicks in our faces. Odd bizarre world ain't it?

I agree with much of that but Teddy had every right to ask to leave at the time he did, especially for United at the time. To be fair he could have fucked off sooner and never came back either given the state of us. If the others had chosen to stay our though our recent history could have been much, much different.

Fair play to DoktorDanny making 14 accounts just to vote in a poll.

Man, that is fucking hilarious that so many expect Eriksen to become a club legend, or approaching one, at his age and current ability level (I would say "form" but it's been so long..).

Presumably a club legend has to win a lot of silverware that the club wasn't already nailed on to win (which is why, say, Danilo wouldn't be a Real Madrid legend) or else do insane things individually (like Kane breaking club records left and right). Or maybe these guys just have a ridiculously low barrier to entry on legend status.

Club legend to me is.. well, the aforementioned Kane would be my only pick for a Spurs legend in recent times. Other players in this squad could get there but Kane's the only one who already has.

Settling in well 😂

- he's kind of pussy material when the opponent team has the ball. Can't stand the way he's approaching the game and pressing the opponent.

Either he fucking steps up his game or I won't feel bad when he's benched from Vecinos or Gagliardinis.

- Haven’t seen much from Eriksen to show he should be a starter to be honest

- This Danish World Class player is weirdest world class player I've seen.

- Eriksen got really scared there

- Am I the only one that thinks that Eriksen plays like a pussy?

- World class corner from Eriksen

- Wtf Eriksen

- This Eriksen dude is jogging like he's fucking Messi

Settling in well 😂

- he's kind of pussy material when the opponent team has the ball. Can't stand the way he's approaching the game and pressing the opponent.

Either he fucking steps up his game or I won't feel bad when he's benched from Vecinos or Gagliardinis.

- Wtf Eriksen

This is why we should all stop scouting players via youtube "Welcome to Manchester United 2017/18 goals and assists" videos. Any spurs fan could have told them what to expect when it comes to CE.

This is why we should all stop scouting players via youtube "Welcome to Manchester United 2017/18 goals and assists" videos. Any spurs fan could have told them what to expect when it comes to CE.
Most of us did in a not too round about way. Fuck me, all that inter had to do was read some fan forums!

Not going to plan - five games playing less and less minutes - no goals no assists and the fans already having him pegged as 'pigro' ... he needs to show up or his 'new career' will be over before it's begun.

Still way too early to call him a flop. I think he will do reasonably well at Inter once he begins to settle. I'm saying this also taking into consideration that the standard of football is lower than in the Premier League.

Still way too early to call him a flop. I think he will do reasonably well at Inter once he begins to settle. I'm saying this also taking into consideration that the standard of football is lower than in the Premier League.

I think he’ll eventually do well at Inter, but I think he’s peaked. Maybe that extra bit of pace in his youth made a bigger difference than he or anyone else realised. It could make all the difference in finding that extra bit of space, or following up his first touch.

His form was iffy for a while (and for Denmark too). It’s perfectly possible that we simply got peak Eriksen.

Anyone fancy a sweepstake as per how often the fanbwoys will post once CE has begun his #NewChallenge? :freund:

SilvertownMugg SilvertownMugg
TuckFexas TuckFexas
doktordanny1 doktordanny1
Chrik

...TBF, it wouldn't be kosher if you guys entered.
Anyone fancy a sweepstake as per how often the fanbwoys will post once CE has begun his #NewChallenge? :freund:

SilvertownMugg SilvertownMugg
TuckFexas TuckFexas
doktordanny1 doktordanny1
Chrik

...TBF, it wouldn't be kosher if you guys entered.
You Called😆 you miss someone to blame?

Settling in well 😂

- Wtf Eriksen

Wow, you really dislike the guy..

So much, that you are now stalking the Inter forums, picking out comments and posting them here.

Creepy obsessive..

Back
Top Bottom