Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wow, you really dislike the guy..

So much, that you are now stalking the Inter forums, picking out comments and posting them here.

Creepy obsessive..

We don't dislike him, he was a great player for us for a very long time. What we dislike is his lack of desire to be a genuine professional in the last year or so he was with the club. He stopped looking for the ball, stopped playing with desire, stopped moving off the ball, stopped giving us his energy and heart whilst happily taking a wage off of us.

I wish him all the best, some of my best memories as a Spurs fan invole Eriksen as a part of the team but he went out flat instead of trying to go out with a bang and it leaves a sour taste as we really could have done with that early Spurs career Eriksen fire in his belly. That doesn't make him any less of a talent or take away any of the the good things he in London, it's just we feel there was more he held back at a time where he clearly didn't want it anymore which kinda sucks for someone like him.

Best of luck in Milan though, I hope he smashes it.

Ball to Eriksen
gazza21.jpg

We don't dislike him, he was a great player for us for a very long time. What we dislike is his lack of desire to be a genuine professional in the last year or so he was with the club. He stopped looking for the ball, stopped playing with desire, stopped moving off the ball, stopped giving us his energy and heart whilst happily taking a wage off of us.

I wish him all the best, some of my best memories as a Spurs fan invole Eriksen as a part of the team but he went out flat instead of trying to go out with a bang and it leaves a sour taste as we really could have done with that early Spurs career Eriksen fire in his belly. That doesn't make him any less of a talent or take away any of the the good things he in London, it's just we feel there was more he held back at a time where he clearly didn't want it anymore which kinda sucks for someone like him.

Best of luck in Milan though, I hope he smashes it.
Why do you say we?

I support spurs, and I am well aware of the situation.

What has that got to do with his obsession?

Just watched some Europa League highlights on BT Sport. Eriksen put an inswinging corner right into the mixer which brought about their penalty for 2nd goal. Had to rewind to make sure it was actually him.

Anyone who thinks he downed tools doesn't understand football.

Not to be a pretentious cunt but what kind of player is Eriksen?

He's a sublime passer. Fantastic technique. Great engine and workrate. Lovely poise and vision etc.

What does he lack? He doesn't get stuck in. He can't really head the ball. He's not fast. He's not explosive. He can run all day but he's not going explode and change direction quickly or accelerate fast.

What's he like mentally? He's fairly quiet. Was described as having a brilliant attitude throughout. Has always struggled with form during periods of uncertainty re: his future.

All of the above is very basic info right?

Now let's apply it.

In what circumstances does such a player play best?
Well let's see. He's not fast, not a tough tackler (though presses well), and not a dribbler. His passing range and vision is exquisite, world class literally.

Solution- put some pace and power around him. Solidify the midfield and then have players make runs. Eriksen will find them. It's called using a playmaker correctly.
Wait a second. Turns out we tried it before and it worked very well. Rose and Walker offering width and attacking threat out wide. Wanyama and Dembele bossing the central area. Runs from any of Kane/Dele/Son/Lamela etc. That was the best Spurs have been in a very long time.

What happened since then? We lose our pace and attacking threat/width. From Walker and Rose to Trippier and Davies. Lost our central midfield. Started using AMs and CMs in defensive roles or playing without a DM.
Striker issues at times.

No fucking surprise Eriksen was less influential after that!

I can hear the retarded say "why doesn't Eriksen grab the game by the scruff of the neck and make things happen if he's so good?"

Well, idiot. Eriksen is not Gerrard. He's not even KdB. Not because he's not good. But because of the TYPE of player he is. He's not going to win the ball back and start an attack. He is not going to dribble past 2 players and make something like that. He doesn't have the physicality of a KdB. Players like Coutinho can create space for themselves by dribbling (probably why Barca went for him over Eriksen). Eriksen must rely on movement from his teammates and for them to get on the end of what he creates with his passing abilities.

Now combine that with his very normal and consistent tendency to not be at his best when there's uncertainty over his future. Add in that a malicious rumour about his wife/teammate spread so far that opposition fans chanted about it at him in an international game and he had to come out and dismiss it.

I don't want to hear nonsense that he didn't try. His running has always been good. He even created enough chances for us to win at Bayern. Watch that game properly, he is pointing where the ball should be played, playing through balls putting players 1v1 with the keeper, following up on said through balls with runs from his own half. Applauding efforts from teammates and encouraging them. There are examples like that in other games which are ignored because he pulled out of a 50-50. Jose and Poch weren't both lying about him you know. His teammates say good things too because it's the truth. Terrific professional.

His influenced dropped as soon as we failed to maintain the conditions he was in and in fact willingly let them regress.

I'll miss him a lot. His technical ability is outstanding. Just thinking now of a pass he played to Son vs Pool. From the right side of the box to Son on the left. Eriksen uses a technique where you cut across the ball with the laces giving it outside swerve but the way you strike it including body shape makes it look like a strike inside. It fooled the whole Pool backline and even Son too almost but he ran back in time. I know the difficulty of that pass cos I'm a baller who can do it. Only Eriksen did it with his weak foot, based on a split second decision, with the ball moving, in a real life match situation... wow. We lost a great player.

He's a sublime passer. Fantastic technique. Great engine and workrate. Lovely poise and vision etc.

What does he lack? He doesn't get stuck in. He can't really head the ball. He's not fast. He's not explosive. He can run all day but he's not going explode and change direction quickly or accelerate fast.

What's he like mentally? He's fairly quiet. Was described as having a brilliant attitude throughout. Has always struggled with form during periods of uncertainty re: his future.

Now let's apply it.

Well let's see. He's not fast, not a tough tackler (though presses well), and not a dribbler. His passing range and vision is exquisite, world class literally.

Solution- put some pace and power around him. Solidify the midfield and then have players make runs. Eriksen will find them. It's called using a playmaker correctly.
Wait a second. Turns out we tried it before and it worked very well. Rose and Walker offering width and attacking threat out wide. Wanyama and Dembele bossing the central area. Runs from any of Kane/Dele/Son/Lamela etc. That was the best Spurs have been in a very long time.

What happened since then? We lose our pace and attacking threat/width. From Walker and Rose to Trippier and Davies. Lost our central midfield. Started using AMs and CMs in defensive roles or playing without a DM.
Striker issues at times.

I can hear the retarded say "why doesn't Eriksen grab the game by the scruff of the neck and make things happen if he's so good?"

Well, idiot. Eriksen is not Gerrard. He's not even KdB. Not because he's not good. But because of the TYPE of player he is. He's not going to win the ball back and start an attack. He is not going to dribble past 2 players and make something like that. He doesn't have the physicality of a KdB. Players like Coutinho can create space for themselves by dribbling (probably why Barca went for him over Eriksen). Eriksen must rely on movement from his teammates and for them to get on the end of what he creates with his passing abilities.

Now combine that with his very normal and consistent tendency to not be at his best when there's uncertainty over his future. Add in that a malicious rumour about his wife/teammate spread so far that opposition fans chanted about it at him in an international game and he had to come out and dismiss it.

I don't want to hear nonsense that he didn't try. His running has always been good. He even created enough chances for us to win at Bayern. Watch that game properly, he is pointing where the ball should be played, playing through balls putting players 1v1 with the keeper, following up on said through balls with runs from his own half. Applauding efforts from teammates and encouraging them. There are examples like that in other games which are ignored because he pulled out of a 50-50. Jose and Poch weren't both lying about him you know. His teammates say good things too because it's the truth. Terrific professional.

His influenced dropped as soon as we failed to maintain the conditions he was in and in fact willingly let them regress.

I'll miss him a lot. His technical ability is outstanding. Just thinking now of a pass he played to Son vs Pool. From the right side of the box to Son on the left. Eriksen uses a technique where you cut across the ball with the laces giving it outside swerve but the way you strike it including body shape makes it look like a strike inside. It fooled the whole Pool backline and even Son too almost but he ran back in time. I know the difficulty of that pass cos I'm a baller who can do it. Only Eriksen did it with his weak foot, based on a split second decision, with the ball moving, in a real life match situation... wow. We lost a great player.

TL/DR..... He's gone.

Trust the ENIC FC cheerleader to twerk for them

What's ENIC got to do with it?

Poch, & Jose both wanted him to stay.... Rather then sell him off at any time over the preceeding 2 years we tried to get him to stay....

#NewChallenge

What's next? ....Are you gonna claim I said he "downed tools" (even though I never did)?

Div.

What's ENIC got to do with it?

Poch, & Jose both wanted him to stay.... Rather then sell him off at any time over the preceeding 2 years we tried to get him to stay....

#NewChallenge

What's next? ....Are you gonna claim I said he "downed tools" (even though I never did)?

Div.
ENIC let the squad detoriate like stingy fucks. Zero ambition shown towards improving the first team the years prior to Eriksen going.

Bootlicking nonce

Now let's apply it.

Striker issues at times.

Spot on mate... 👍👍

Now let's apply it.

Striker issues at times.

How does that explain his corner and freekick taking?

....actually, in fairness, his corner taking was utter dogshit even when he was playing well for us.

Back
Top Bottom